About VMOU: VMOU stands for Vardhman Mahaveer Open University is formerly known as Kota Open University was established on July 23, 1987 in Kota, Rajasthan. It is regionally distributed throughout Rajasthan in various cities like Ajmer, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Kota, Udaipur and Bharathpur and in addition to special center in New Delhi. The main objective for the establishment of this university is to provide better education facilities through distance learning.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
This University took its origin in the State of Rajasthan by the observations of UGC Committee under the Chairmanship of Late Prof. G. Rama Reddy to provide better education resources and serve the people of the State with a uniform high quality education. The establishment of Vardhman Mahaveer Open University took place with the amalgamation of two institutes which provide correspondence courses viz. Institute of Correspondence Studies and Continuing Education of Jaipur & Udaipur with a view to strengthen proper education resources in the state of Rajasthan.
The VMOU Courses that are offered under Vardhman Mahaveer Open University are furnished hereunder:
- Bachelor Degree Courses
- Master Degree Courses
- P.G. Diploma Courses
- Diploma Programs and
- Certificate Courses
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University releases notification for the candidates who are seeking admission into various courses through distance education in the university. Candidates should check details of admission notification like eligibility criteria, application process and other information and then apply for the VMOU Courses. Candidates can appear official website “www.vmou.ac.in” for getting a clear idea about admission notification. Let’s go through the rules of admission into VMOU.
The admission rules for the students in India do not have any change and they should follow all the rules. There are some admission rules for non-resident students or foreign students who are seeking admission into VMOU. Some of them are as follows:
- Students from abroad are considered eligible to seek admission under various programmes in the University with respect to fulfilling the eligibility criteria prescribed by the University.
- Foreign students have the permission to choose the medium of instruction as provided by University. They have to select only one medium and continue in that till the completion of their studies. No other medium is permissible with respect to the selected medium.
- Foreign students are required to choose any regional centers of VMOU for admission just like the students in India.
- Foreign students who are interested to seek admission in VMOU should submit prescribed documents along with the VMOU application form to the Embassy of the country and they will forward them to the Director and Regional Officer of VMOU along with no objection certificate and certified copy of valid visa after verifying all the details of the foreign student.
Vardhman Mahaveer Open University conducts a certificate course exam called Rajasthan State Certificate in Information Technology (RSCIT) under Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited (RKCL) which is supervised by VMOU or Kota University. This is an IT literacy course which is used to empower the citizens to enhance the fundamental understanding of IT system with high quality and low cost. The University offers study material and learning management in both Hindi and English languages. Let’s go with details of RSCIT Course.
RSCIT Course Details
This is a certificate course with duration of 3 months or a period of 132 hours in which classes are conducted for 2 hours per day i.e. 1 hour for theory and 1 hour for practical.
Anyone who is literate and are interested in Computers and IT courses can apply for this course.
The fee for RSCIT exam is Rs.2, 850/- and for Government employees, it is Rs.2, 700/- per candidate.
Syllabus of the course:
The syllabus of the course includes the following topics which are listed below:
|Computer Administration||Computer Networking|
|Computer Fundamentals||Introduction to Internet|
|Computer System||Operating System|
|Internet Applications||Uses of Computer|
|MS – Word Basic||MS – Word Advance|
|MS – Excel Basic||MS – Excel Advance|
|MS – PowerPoint||MS – Access|
|MS – Outlook Basics||Latest Trend in IT|
RSCIT Exam Pattern:
RSCIT consists of 35 multiple-choice questions and maximum marks for the exam are 70 marks. The duration of the exam is 1 hour and the candidate should attempt all the questions. RSCIT sometimes acts as the admission test for the people seeking admission into various programmes in VMOU.
VMOU Admit Card
VMOU provides Admit card to the students to attend their course’s examinations. The University intimates the students to download the admit cards for their exams and at that time the students download their admit cards from the University’s official website by reading the instructions provided by the University. Let’s look down for the instructions provided by the University to download admit cards.
- Firstly, the students should log on to the official website of Vardhman Mahaveer Open University.
- There the candidates should open Admit card section for further procedure.
- After opening the page, the candidates should select their course and enter enrollment number.
- After entering all the necessary details, the candidate will be able to download their Admit Card.
VMOU Kota Result
Kota University intimates tentative date of results to their students officially in the notification itself. It releases the exam results at the official website “www.rkcl.vmou.ac.in” and the students will check their result from the expected date onwards. Let’s look down the procedure for viewing results of the candidates below:
- Open the link for viewing results provided by the University.
- VMOU home page will get opened.
- Open the result link and enter hall ticket no. or date of birth in required places.
- Submit the details and then the results will be flashed course-wise and name-wise.
About BSC Visual Communication Course