The full form of SAP is Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing. In the year 1972, SAP Software was established by Wellenreuther, Plattner, Hopp, Hector, and Tschira. SAP Course consists of a number of fully integrated modules, which covers almost every aspect of the business management.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
SAP is Number 1 in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) market. From 2010, SAP has more than 140,000 installations globally, over 25 industry-specific business solutions and more than 75,000 customers in 120 countries.
In this article you can see in detail, what is SAP ERP and how ERP can help in your business process, etc. In addition, you will learn the implementation techniques of ERP along with the ERP packages available in the market.
About SAP ERP:
SAP Certification exam is based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions, characteristically SAP software solutions. The SAP ERP 6.0 latest version was made available in 2006. The most recent Enhancement Package (EHP8) for SAP ERP 6.0 was out in 2016. ERP allows an enterprise to manage databases for different processes from a single unified system. SAP ERP consists of various functional and technical modules such as
- SAP Financial Accounting (FI)
- SAP Controlling (CO)
- SAP Asset Accounting (AA)
- SAP Sales & Distribution (SD)
- SAP Material Management (MM)
- SAP Product Planning (PP)
- SAP Quality Management (QM)
- SAP Project System (PS)
- SAP Plant Maintenance (PM)
- SAP Human Resources (HR).
- SAP Enterprise Controlling (EC)
- SAP Treasury (TR)
- SAP Investment Management (IM)
- SAP Industries Specific Solution (IS)
- SAP Cross Application Components (CAC)
- SAP Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- SAP Product LifeCycle Management (PLM)
- SAP Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
- SAP Customer Service (CS)
- SAP Strategic Enterprise Management (SEM)
- SAP Real Estate (RE)
- SAP Financial Supply Chain Management (FSCM)
- SAP NetWeaver
- SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI)
- SAP Solution Manager
- SAP Logistics Execution (LE)
- SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO)
- SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS)
- SAP Incentive and Commission Management (ICM)
- SAP Knowledge Warehouse (KW)
- SAP Master Data Management (MDM)
Definition of ERP:
ERP is a set of integrated business applications, or modules which carry out common business functions such as general ledger, accounting, or order management
The ERP package is designed to support and integrate almost every functional area of a business process such as procurement of goods and services, Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Production Planning, Financial Accounting, Controlling, manufacturing, logistics & warehouse management and Human Capital Management.
Also Check SAP Careers
Functions of ERP
- Following are the SAP ERP system functions. They are
- SAP ERP Module supports the integrated business process inside the organization.
- It improves capital planning and helps in executing organizational plans & strategies.
- Supports speed up the decision-making process over the analysis of correct data.
- It helps extend the business network to wider domains, expanding the products and services to reach more customers, suppliers, and partners.
- SAP ERP provides protection against organizational data breaks and security dangers to leakage of information.
- Gives long-term profit by providing means to increase the customer base.
Benefits of SAP ERP
- SAP ERP Enables a company to link its business processes
- It ties together disparate business functions
- SAP ERP helps the organization run smoothly
- Common set of data
- Real-time environment
- Scalable and flexible
- Easy way to solve Y2K problem
Overview of SAP ERP:
- 52% anticipate budget increases for new ERP implementations/new modules
- 46% indicated that the main challenge to successful ERP implementations was inadequate definition of requirements and resistance to change
SAP ERP Job Prospects and Salaries
SAP is the most widely used ERP system. There are many great opportunities for a SAP consultant. The median annual ERP Analyst salary is $63,417, as of 27 April 2017, with a range usually between $56,038 to $73,940, however this can vary widely depending on a variety of factors.
Top 10 SAP ERP Interview Questions:
- What is an ERP?
- What are the different types of ERP’s?
- Tell me about your programming skills. In particular, how familiar are you with ABAP?
- What are other ERP systems available in the market?
- How can an ERP analyst improve the speed of an ERP implementation?
- Mention what are the different layers in R/3 system?
- Tell me about your experience with ERP training programs.
- Name the various stages of business that can be managed using ERP software
- What is SAP FICO and What are the Core Modules?
- What are the ERP Advantages for Management Functions
See Other SAP Sub Modules Details from following links
i wnat to do SAP warehouse management please tell me about fee and duration