Here are the Information About MCA Course which including Full Form of M.C.A, Duration, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Criteria, Fees Structure, Syllabus PDF, Requirements, Benefits, Job Opportunities, Salary, etc.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About MCA Course
- 1 About MCA Course
- 2 Eligibility Criteria:
- 3 Requirements for MCA Lateral Entry
- 4 Duration of MCA Course
- 5 M.C.A Course Fee Structure
- 6 MCA Syllabus/Topics
- 7 Admission in Master of Computer Applications
- 8 Entrance Exams for MCA Admissions
- 9 Job Prospects
- 10 List of Companies
- 11 Salary Details
- 12 MCA Program Benefits
- 13 What Next After MCA?
The Full Form of MCA is Master of Computer Application. MCA course is a post-graduate program was designed to meet the growing demand for qualified professionals in the field of Information Technology. BCA qualified candidates more preferably opt for this Master of Computer Application course. MCA course can be said to be an advanced and more detailed version of BCA course. MCA course is very popular after Computer Science in engineering. MCA graduates are also called as software engineers. In this article, you will be able to find information About MCA Course such as eligibility criteria, important subjects, scope and job opportunities.
- Degree in Engineering / Technology / Commerce / Banking / Business Administration / Computer Application / Science with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Any degree with a PG Diploma in Computer Science / Computer Application of
minimum of 1-year duration of recognized University.
- Any degree with Mathematics at +2 level
Requirements for MCA Lateral Entry
Any degree with a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science / Computer Application (PGDCA) of minimum of 1-year duration of a recognized University.
Duration of MCA Course
MCA is a 3 years professional Master’s Degree in computer science awarded in India. The three-year course has a 6 semester and each semester lasts for 6 months (generally). During the first 4 semester students are general practices mostly in theoretical ways. In the remaining last 2 semester usually focusing on practical by completing the given specific project works.
M.C.A Course Fee Structure
The fees structure for MCA Course may vary from colleges to colleges and it is depending upon the facilities they are providing to their students. Private colleges have more fees than Government colleges.
FIRST YEAR – FIRST SEMESTER
- Computer Organization & Architecture
- Programming in C
- Software Engineering
- Multimedia Systems
- Soft Skill – I
- LAB – I Programming In C Lab
- LAB – II Flash & Photoshop Lab
- LAB – III Productivity Software Lab
FIRST YEAR – SECOND SEMESTER
- Microprocessor Based System Design
- Object Oriented Concepts and Data Structures
- Programming in C++
- Business Mathematics
- Soft Skill – II *
- LAB – IV Microprocessor Lab
- LAB – V C++ LAB
- LAB – VI Visual Basic Lab
SECOND YEAR – THIRD SEMESTER
- Operating System & UNIX
- Web Technology
- Programming in Java
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Elective I
- -Foundation Course Elective
- -Personality Development
- LAB – VII JAVA LAB
- LAB – VIII OS LAB
- LAB – IX WEB TECHNOLOGY LAB
SECOND YEAR – FOURTH SEMESTER
- Computer Networks
- Software Testing & Quality Assurance
- Computer Graphics
- Elective II
- Network Security
- Mobile Computing
- Elective III
- Management Information Systtem
- Organizational Behaviour
- Personality Development
- Lab – X Software Development Lab
- Lab –XI Dbms Lab
- Lab – IX Graphics Lab
THIRD YEAR – FIFTH SEMESTER
- Relational Database Systems
- Introduction to PHP, MYSQL
- .NET Technology
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- ELECTIVE IV – Business Intelligence
- LAB – XIII RDBMS, PHP LAB
- LAB – XIV .NET LAB
- XV – MINI PROJECT
THIRD YEAR – SIXTH SEMESTER
- MAIN PROJECT
Admission in Master of Computer Applications
Following are the common ways of admission in MCA program
- Direct Admission- Direct admissions are done on the basis of merit in qualifying exam. Some institutes also provide admission on management quota
- Entrance Test- After taking entrance exam qualified students are called for counselling. Counselling is conducted for seat allotment in various colleges under that university. Admission is done after allotment of seat.
Entrance Exams for MCA Admissions
There are several state level or university level entrance exams for admissions.
- IPUCET – Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test
- TANCET – Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test
- NIMCET – NIT MCA Common Entrance Test
- BIT MCA Entrance Test – Birla Institute of Technology
- WBJEE- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
- UPSEE- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam
- ICET – Integrated Common Entrance Test
Click Here for Top MCA Colleges In India
After MCA, job opportunities exist in Government as well as Private sector. Along with self employment options are available too. After MCA candidates can work for any IT company big or small as a system developer and various other roles such as :
- Software Programmer
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Systems Analyst
- Software Application Architect
- Software Consultant
List of Companies
Top companies hiring MCA graduates are Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, [email protected], Cognizant, IBM, American Express, HCL, HP, Syntel etc.
Starting salary is generally around 20k – 30k per month. This figure depends a lot on the profile of the Employer, Employee as well as the Organization.
MCA Program Benefits
Before you choose any course to make your career, it is necessary to know about the benefits. The MCA Course Benefits are
- MCA will help you as it would give you masters degree and knowledge in the IT sector.
- After completing your MCA course you can think of getting placed in Software Field.
- Your salary is also more for MCA candidates compare to BCA graduate.
What Next After MCA?
This is another common question I received from the regular visitors. Most of them asked me about What to do after MCA. I will try to answer this question. After MCA if you don’t have a job offer in hand you just go for some course to do, I strongly suggest you apply for SAP Certification Course wherever possible.