What are Fine Arts? – Fine Arts are defined as a creative art which mainly includes visual art in which they are appreciated for their imagination & creativity. In the past, fine arts include architecture, music, painting, poetry, and sculpture along with theatre & dance. Later the scope of fine arts is extended to photography, video editing/production, designing, printing, conceptual art and so on. There are many fine art courses introduced for the students who are skilled in various categories. So let’s look for some of the Fine Arts Courses in India.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Fine Art Courses in India
Content In This Article
- 1 Fine Art Courses in India
- 2 Courses after 10th
- 3 Courses after 12th
- 4 Diploma Courses in Fine Arts
- 5 Courses in Graduation:
- 6 Courses after Graduation:
- 7 Complete Fine Art Courses Details
- 8 Duration of the courses
- 9 Eligibility Criteria
- 10 Fee for the course
- 11 Syllabus for BFA:
- 12 Career with Fine Arts Courses:
- 13 Job Specializations:
- 14 Employment Areas:
- 15 Salary Packages:
The courses related to Fine Arts in India are classified into four categories. Let’s go through the list of various Fine Art Courses in India.
- Certificate Courses in Fine Arts
- Diploma Courses in Fine Arts
- Degree courses in Fine Arts
- Post-Graduation in Fine Arts
Let’s look for Fine Art Courses after 10th, 12th and Graduation.
Courses after 10th
We have only few Certificate Courses for Fine Arts after completing 10th. These certificate courses can be pursued after 12th too. Some of Certificate Courses for Fine Arts are as follows.
Courses after 12th
The courses for Fine Arts in India after 12th include diploma, certificate and graduation courses. Some of them are as follows:
- Certificate course in Plate Making & Offset Printing
- Certificate for Professional Course in Fine Arts
- Certificate Course in Visual Arts & Fine Arts
- Certificate in Performing Visual Arts
- Certificate in Visual & Applied Arts
- Certificate in Fine Arts etc.
Diploma Courses in Fine Arts
Diploma Courses in Fine Arts includes the following courses:
- Advanced Diploma in Carnatic Music (Vocal)
- Diploma in Painting, Sculpture and Applied Art
- Diploma in Visual Arts & Graphic Designing
- Diploma in Performing & Printing Arts
- Diploma in Sketching & Oil painting etc.
Courses in Graduation:
There are various courses in Graduation of Fine Arts. Some of them are furnished hereunder:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Graphic Technology (B.F.A)
- Bachelor of Performing Arts in Music & Dance (B.P.A)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Designing (B.F.A)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Honors in Painting (B.F.A)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sculpture (B.F.A) etc.
Courses after Graduation:
There are various Fine Arts Courses after graduation. Some of them are listed hereunder:
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Creative Designing CAD/ CAM (PGDCD)
- Master of Arts in Music either Vocal / Instrumental (M.A.)
- Master of Arts in Drawing, Painting & Sculpture (M.A)
- Master of Arts in Visual Arts & Film-Making (M.A)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Folk Music & Art (Ph.D.) etc.
Also See: Complete Art Course Details
Until now, we have made a look for various courses in Fine Arts after 10th, 12th and graduation. Now, let’s take a look for course details of Fine Art Courses.
Complete Fine Art Courses Details
We’ve seen different courses of Fine Arts after 10th, 12th and graduation. Now let’s look for the course’s details which include course duration, eligibility, syllabus etc.
Duration of the courses
The duration of the courses of Fine Arts may differ according to the nature of the course. For Bachelor degree courses, the duration may be 3 years whereas for P.G. courses, it is completely 2 years. For Diploma programs, the duration might 6 months to 1 year and for Certificate courses, the duration may range between 6 months to 1 year and sometimes vary according to nature of the course & organizations.
The minimum eligibility of Diploma & Graduation or Bachelor courses is 10+2 from any recognized University or Educational Institution. For P.G. courses, the eligibility is graduation from any recognized University. For Certificate courses, the minimum eligibility is 10th.
Fee for the course
The fee structure for Fine Art courses might differ according to the nature of the course and teaching organizations. The fee for Bachelor degree might be Rs.25, 000/- per year whereas for P.G. courses, the fee structure might be Rs.40, 000/- per year. For Diploma courses, the fee may be Rs.20, 000/- to Rs.30, 000/- per year whereas for certificate courses, the fee might be in between Rs.5, 000/- to Rs.10, 000/-.
Syllabus for BFA:
The syllabus for Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) includes the following subjects.
|Computer Graphics, 2D Art & Design||Basics of Computer Fundamentals|
|Human Values & Professional Ethics||Geometrical & Perspective Drawing|
|Clay Modelling, Composition & Mural||Painting, Print Making & Design|
|Aesthetics, Visual Arts Process & practice||Design & Communication Practice|
|Communication Illustration & Design||Advertising Art & Market Research|
|Environmental Studies||History of Art & Drawing|
Also See: Art Therapy Course Details
Career with Fine Arts Courses:
The career options with Fine Arts Courses include the following aspects.
The candidates who pursue Fine Arts Courses can obtain the following job specializations.
- Multimedia Programmer
- Art or Ad Designer
- Interior Designer
- Art Therapist
- Film Maker
- Editor Etc.
The candidate who pursue Fine Arts Courses can obtain jobs under employment areas like:
- Educational Institutions
- Advertising Agencies
- Textile Industries
- Tailoring Shops
- Theatres etc.
The salary packages for the persons who pursue graduation under Fine Art Courses may differ according to the type of jobs. The minimum basic salary might be Rs.25,000/- per month and may vary according to the type of job, experience, and nature of the organization.