Company Secretary Course Details. In our previous posts, we gave “ICWA Course Details” and “CA Course Details”. Now we are providing “Information About CS Course Details”. Many students asking about cs course information and have a question in their mind as “how to become a company secretary”. This we hope this post will answer many questions regarding c.s course details.
This post provides details about cs course information like admission for company secretary course, cs course details after graduation, company secretary exam, company secretary course syllabus, company secretary course duration, registration etc.
Company Secretary Course Details
ICSI (The Institute of Company Secretaries of India) which is the CS Institute is the premier National Professional body established by Act of Parliament to develop and regulate the Profession of Company Secretaries.
ICSI provides study materials also at the time of registration.
- There are three stages in CS Course. They are
- Foundation Program
- Executive Program
- Professional Program
- The student has to go 15 months of practical training which may opt after passing the Executive program.
- ICSI Executive program can be pursued after foundation course.
- The professional program can be pursued after successful completion of the Executive course.
- After completion of the professional course and 15 months training student is joined as Associate Member of the ICSI and called as Associate company secretary (ACS).
Company Secretary Salary
Placement cells at Institute’s Headquarters, its Regional and Chapter offices are helping to the members to get suitable placements. Merit students can get a salary ranging between Rs 3 lacs to Rs 5 lacs per annum. In large companies, salaries may range up to one crore also. But depends on the capabilities of the candidate and sector.
Information About CS Course Details after Graduation
Graduated students can go to Executive program directly without foundation program. After executive program, they have to complete executive program
Company Secretary Jobs Details
- Can work as in-house legal experts or compliance officers in the office.
- Can work as an expert in corporate laws and corporate governance.
- Can work as a chief advisor to the board of directors.
- Can work as a corporate planner and more roles.
Company secretary course duration
The students have to undergo to the following training
- 7 days Student Induction Program (SIP).
- 70 hours compulsory computer training program.
- 8 days Executive Development Program (EDP).
- 25 hours of Professional Development Program (PDP) during 15 months training.
- 15 months training after passing the Executive Program or Professional Program.
- 3 months practical training is required to be undergone by the student if the student completes professional program examination and exempted from undergoing at least 12 months training on the basis of Company Secretaries Regulations.
- 15 days training in a specialized agency.
- 15 days Management Skills Orientation Program (MSOP).
Company Secretary Course Syllabus
The following are the subjects in different stages of cs course. see the company secretary course subjects below.
CS Foundation Subjects
- Business Environment & Entrepreneurship
- Business Management, Ethics, and Communication
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
CS Executive Subjects
- Company Law
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Economic and Commercial Laws
- Tax Laws and Practice
- Company Accounts and Auditing Practices
- Capital Markets and Securities Laws
- Industrial, Labor and General Laws
CS Professional Subjects
- Advanced Company Law and Practice
- Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management, and Due Diligence
- Corporate Restructuring, Valuation, and Insolvency
- Information Technology and Systems Audit
- Financial, Treasury and Forex Management
- Ethics, Governance, and Sustainability
Advanced Tax Laws and Practice
Drafting, Appearances, and Pleadings
Elective one out of five
- Banking Law and Practice
- Capital, Commodity and Money Market
- Insurance Law and Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights – Law and Practice
- International Business-Laws and Practices
Company Secretary Exam
Examinations are conducted twice a year.
Examination fee for foundation course is Rs 1200 /- and For executive, professional Rs 1200/- per module.
Except business communication subject, Institute allows a facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi.
Qualifying marks for CS course are as follows. The student is declared as passed in the Foundation or Executive or Professional exams if he or she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
Company Secretary Registration Details
Admission for company secretary course: CS Foundation registration is open for an entire year. If you want to attend company secretary entrance exam in December then you should register in March. If you want to attend company secretary entrance exam in June then register before or in September.
See the CS Course fees details for company secretary course registration below.
CS Foundation Course Registration Details
|General||Admission Fee + Education Fee||1500, 3000||4500|
|SC /ST||Admission Fee + Education Fee||50% of Total Fee||2250|
CS Executive Registration Details
|Foundation pass out student||8500||8500|
|Handicapped student||Only registration fee||2000|
|SC / ST||50% total fee||For Commerce 4500 and for Non-Commerce 5000|
CS Final Registration Details
|For commerce graduates, CPT or ICWAI foundation passed students||500+2000+10000||12500|
After reading this article you may get some idea about company secretaryship. Please share this information about C S Course Details with your friends also.
- 1 Company Secretary Course Details