Space Technology Course is one of the prestigious courses. If you are interested in space technology this article is very helpful to you. Here in this column we have provided complete Space Technology Course Details like list of available courses, eligibility, duration, important subjects, colleges, jobs, employment areas and salary.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Space Technology
Content In This Article
Space Technology is a branch of engineering which is developed by space science or the aerospace industry for use in satellites, spaceflight and space exploration. Space technology includes space stations, satellites, spacecraft, support infrastructure, equipment and procedures.
Space Technology Courses
Space Technology Courses which includes Space Technology Degree, Diploma and Certificate Courses and its syllabus, eligibility criteria and duration. The courses of space technology are listed below
- Diploma course
- Bachelor’s Course
- Master’s Course
Diploma Space Technology Course
Diploma in Space Technology comes under this course. It is a diploma level course. The course consists of engineering challenges like robotic and human spaceflight.
The minimum eligibility to pursue this course is qualifying 12th science exam with mathematics, physics and chemistry.
The time period to complete this course is 3 years.
- Planetary Science
- Stellar Science
Bachelor’s Space Technology Course
B.E/B.Tech in space technology comes under bachelor’s degree course. it is an under graduate course. This course is related to entering and retrieving objects or life forms from space.
The eligibility to pursue this course is passing 12th standard examination. Some colleges and universities conduct separate entrance exams.
The duration to complete this bachelor’s degree is 4 years.
- Planetary Science
- Stellar Science
Master’s Space Technology Course
M.Tech in Space Technology and Applications and M.Tech in Cryogenic Engineering comes under master’s program in space technology. Cryogenic engineering is a branch of mechanical engineering and chemical engineering.
The eligibility to pursue this master’s degree is having B.E/B.Tech in relevant field. Some colleges and universities conduct separate examination.
The duration to complete this course is 2 years.
- Space Systems
- Spacecraft Environment
- Commercial Enterprise in Space
- Aerospace Remote Sensing Systems
- Spacesystems Astrodynamics
- Spacelift Human Physiology
- Cryogenic Systems
- Superconducting Materials, Magnets and Devices
Colleges of Space Technology Course
Want to study a Space Technology courses in India? Choose the best college from the below stated top colleges list.
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Kerala
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi
- IITs at Bombay, Madras, Kanpur and Kharagpur
- Punjabi University, Punjab
- Birla Institute of Technology, Jharkhand
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Bihar
- MGR Educational and Research Institute, Chennai
Job Roles Related to Space Technology
There are many opportunities to work in outer space related fields. See some common job roles are as follows.
- Space Planner
- Tech Leader
- Assistant Manager
- Space Scientist
- Environmental Scientist
- Design Engineer
- Science Communicators
- Aerospace Scientist
- Science Educators
- Defense Industry Scientist
- Research Associates
- Satellite Project Scientist
- Scientific Data Analyst
- Remote Sensing and GIS
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Project-Research Engineer
- Software Tester
- Safety Engineer
- Correspondent/News Reporter
- Inspection Engineer
Employment Areas of Space Technology
These opportunities are available in various specialist areas which including
- Research Institutes
- Defense Agencies
- Aerospace Industry
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization)
- HCL Technologies
- VSSC (Vikram Sarabai Space Center)
- HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)
- National Space Agencies
- IARI (Indian Agriculture Research Institute)
- SAC (Space Application Center)
- ICAR (Indian Council of Agriculture Research)
- DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization)
- Bureau of Meteorology
- National Remote Sensing Agency)
Salary of Space Technology
The salary of Space Technology in India is Rs.2,00,00/- to Rs.2,50,000/- per year. For experienced candidates, there is no upper limit for salary. In USA, the salary of Space Technology Engineer is $98,343 per annum.
If Interested Please See: How To Become A Scientist