The engineering field has many specialized areas for you to consider. Manufacturing engineering is one of the rare disciplines of engineering. Less number of people opt to Manufacturing Engineering Course. This article is for them who have the interest to start their career as in manufacturing engineering field. In this post, we have provided complete details of manufacturing engineering course details like list of courses, eligibility, duration, important subjects, colleges, jobs, employment areas and salary.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Manufacturing Engineering
Content In This Article
- 1 About Manufacturing Engineering
- 2 Manufacturing Engineering Course Details
- 3 Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering Course
- 4 Bachelor’s in Manufacturing Engineering Course
- 5 Master’s in Manufacturing Engineering Course
- 6 Ph.D. Course
- 7 Colleges for Manufacturing Engineering Course
- 8 Career of Manufacturing Engineering Course
- 9 Job Profiles of Manufacturing Engineering
- 10 Employment Areas of Manufacturing Engineering
- 11 Salary of Manufacturing Engineers
Manufacturing Engineering is a branch of Engineering that deals with various manufacturing sciences and practices including the research, machine, tools, processes, design and development of systems. The main focus of manufacture engineer is to convert raw products to the new product in most efficient, economical and effective way possible. Manufacturing Engineering is the subset of Mechanical Engineering.
Manufacturing Engineering Course Details
There are 3 levels of manufacturing engineering course. They are listed below
- Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering Course
- Bachelor’s in Manufacturing Engineering Course
- Master’s in Manufacturing Engineering Course
- Ph.D. in Manufacturing Engineering Course
Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering Course
It is a diploma level in manufacturing engineering. The course includes production and quality control, computer-aided design and manufacturing.
The eligibility to pursue this course is passing 10+2 examination with science subjects. Some reputed colleges and universities conduct a separate entrance test.
The time period to complete this course is 3 years.
This course includes both theory and practical classes
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Elements of Civil Engineering & Engineering Mechanics
- Basic Thermodynamics
- Manufacturing Process
- Computer Aided Machine Design/Fluid Mechanics
- Kinematics of Machines
- Facility Planning & Design
- Product Design & Manufacture
- Workshop Practice
- Foundry & Forging Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- Machine Tools Lab
- Advanced CNC & Robotics Lab
Bachelor’s in Manufacturing Engineering Course
B.E in Manufacturing Engineering comes under bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering course. This is an under graduate program. The course deals with the economics of manufacturing and learns about fabrication and assembly.
The eligibility to pursue this course is clearing 10+2 exams from science stream. Some colleges and universities conduct separate entrance tests.
The time period to complete this bachelor’s course is 4 years.
The course consists of theory and practical subjects
- Engineering Mathematics
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering
- Constitution of India & Professional Ethics
- Mechanics of Materials
- Mechanical Measurements & Metrology
- Manufacturing Process
- Material Science & Metallurgy
- Dynamics of Machinery
- Operations Research
- Finite Element Methods
- Heat Treatment of Metals
- Workshop Practice
- Machine Shop
- Metallography & Machine Testing Lab
- Energy Conversion Engineering Lab
- Applied Electronics & MP Lab
- Welding Lab
- Project Work
Master’s in Manufacturing Engineering Course
M.E in Manufacturing Engineering comes under Master’s course in manufacturing engineering. This is a graduate level degree. This course provides a lot of opportunities after completion of course.
The candidates should have bachelor’s degree of streams like mechanical, production, automobile, metallurgy, mechatronics and industrial engineering.
The duration to complete this master’s degree is 2 years.
- Precision Engineering
- Industrial Robotics
- Fluid Power Automation
- Design For Manufacture
- Advances in Casting & Welding
- Diagnostics Techniques
- Manufacturing System Design
- Systems & Simulation
Ph.D. in Manufacture Science comes under Pd.D. in manufacturing engineering. It is a Doctorate degree. The eligibility to pursue this course is having master’s degree. The duration to complete this doctorate is 3 years.
Colleges for Manufacturing Engineering Course
- BITS Pilani, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- IITs in Delhi, Madras, Guwahati, Bombay, Roorkee, Kanpur, Kharagpur
- Government Polytechnic College, Dhar
- Anna university, Chennai
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- Agni College of Technology, Chennai
- Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Orissa
Career of Manufacturing Engineering Course
There are plenty of job opportunities for manufacture engineers in different employment areas. The salary of the manufacturer engineers is also best.
Job Profiles of Manufacturing Engineering
Read out our guide to learn more details about your manufacture engineers career options
- Manufacturing Engineer & Quality Engineer
- Assistant Manager
- Supplier Quality Engineer
- Engineer Trainee
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Plant Support Engineer
- Technical Sales & Services
- Mechanical Analysis
Employment Areas of Manufacturing Engineering
The basic principles of manufacturing engineering apply to all industries, candidates can work in numerous sectors, including:
- Manufacturing Industries
- Chemical Industries
- Defense Industry
- Construction Industry
- Production Fabrication Industry
- Rail Industry
Salary of Manufacturing Engineers
In India, the salary of manufacturing engineer in the government sector is Rs.20, 000/- per month Rs.25, 000/- per month and in private sectors, the salary of manufacturing engineer is of maximum Rs.40, 000/- per month. In USA, the salary of Manufacture engineer is $62, 297 per year.