Mechanical Engineering is the oldest engineering course and use principles of energy and materials. It is useful to design the machines and manufactures the devices of all types. The role of the MechanicalEngineering reflects the progress made during this 20th century. Mechanical engineering field requires the knowledge of the core areas like mechanics, thermodynamics and electricity etc. Mechanical engineer plays a key role in various kinds engineering fields like biomedical engineering and construction engineering etc.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
What is Mechanical Engineering?
There are number of colleges and universities offers this mechanical course both in India and throughout the world also. It’s a four years of course. To become an engineer any one needs to complete the course in Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) or in diploma etc. There are 8 semesters are conducted in b.tech and diploma is a three years course. Mechanical engineers are expected to understand and to be able to apply in chemical engineering, civil engineering, and electrical engineering.
List of Colleges offers Mechanical Engineering
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi
- National Institute of Technology, Surathkal
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- VIT University, Vellore
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Manipal Institute of Technology, MIT Manipal
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada
- Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, TCE Madurai
- GITAM University, Visakhapatnam
- Koneru Lakshmaiah University, Vijayawada.
Sometimes the fee structure is based on the category of candidate and location of the College. Generally, the fee is collected from students approximately in lakhs for 4 years course. For example 47,000 for 1st semester and 43,000 for the second semester and nearly 4 to 5 lakhs for 4 years of Mechanical Engineering Course. And the top colleges or universities collect the high range of fees. If general colleges collect normal range fee from the students.
The Mechanical engineers can work for other engineer fields like Aerospace engineering, manufacturing engineering, automotive engineering and Civil engineering why because these fields are grouped with this Mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineers can create solutions and solve problems. The engineers can be got jobs in various engineering fields like as
- Aerospace and Automotive Industries
- The Defense Engineering and Science Group
- Construction and building services
- Engineering Consultancies
- Government agencies
- Manufacturing units
Many companies recruit the Mechanical Engineers as their employees. Both Government and Private Organizations which provide more employment opportunities for Mechanical Engineers. Some of the employment areas are
- Maruti Suzuki
- Tata Motors/Tata groups
- Mahindra groups
- Reliance groups
- Adani groups
- Bajaj Automobiles
- HYUNDAI India Private limited
- Sundaram – Clayton Limited
- Steel Authority of India Ltd
The average salary of the Mechanical Engineers is approximately Rs 60,000/- and it is increased after gaining experience. The Mechanical engineer can earn more salary based on their experience and technical knowledge. The senior engineers can earn around Rs 8, 00,000/- to Rs 9, 00,000/- per annum.
Also Read Scope of Mechanical-Engineering