There is a growing demand for Makeup Artist and as well as hair stylists in the fashion industry. The main reason is that the people that they want to look good and beautiful. They like new fashion and trendy looks. There are numbers of elements which create demand for the makeup artists. If you are passionate about makeup and hair styling arts, especially for you we are providing the complete details of makeup artists courses, details, eligibility, syllabus, and careers etc.
About Makeup Artist
Content In This Article
A makeup artist is someone who uses cosmetic techniques and processes professionally to create beauty upon the human body. Makeup artists are also referred to as cosmetologists or beauticians. But the makeup artists are usually specialized only in makeup only and they do not offer other services such as nails or hair etc.
A makeup art enhances a person’s appearance bringing out the color and features using different types of cosmetic products. To become a well-established and professional makeup artist, the candidate must require some skills. They are as follows.
- High Fashion
- Special Effects
- Light Bending
- High Definition
Makeup Artist Courses Details
Diploma in Makeup Artistry:
This course is the diploma level makeup art course. In this course, the learners learn about the styling, image makeover, facials, personal grooming, bridal makeup, and more.
What can the candidates learn through this course?
- The learner can learn about the types of skin.
- They will able to understand the skin and facial types.
- They will learn about the skin issues and the solutions to it.
The duration time to complete this course is one month.
Here we mention some important topics of Diploma in Makeup Artistry course below.
- Introduction About Makeup Industry
- Study of Facial Shapes
- A Demonstration on Day Makeup
- Eye Makeup
- How to Cover up Skin Variation
- A Demonstration on Office/ Meeting/ News Reporter Makeup
- A Demonstration and Practices of Television and Stage Makeup
Online Makeup Artist Courses
Introduction to Makeup Artistry and Foundations Course:
- Makeup Kit Overview
- Color correction
- Base Matching
- Makeup Artist Appearance
Bridal Makeup Course:
- How to consult the brides
- Long lasting makeup
- Bridal makeup application
- Airbrush introduction
Skin Preparation Course:
- Types of Skin
- Oily Skin
- Normal Skin
- Combinational skin
- Dry Skin
- Mature skin
Casual and Glamour Makeup Applications Course:
- Casual makeup application
- Matte finish
- TV makeup
- Glamour makeup application- Dewy skin finish
Natural Makeup Application and Basic Smokey Eye:
- Natural Makeup application
- Carbon black Smokey eye application
- Long lasting lipstick technique
- Transition from natural to evening
Mature Skin Makeup Course:
- Mature skin application
- Bump up evening look
Some Specialization Courses of Makeup Artists:
- Highlight Specialist Course
- Professional Makeup Artist Course
- Bridal Makeup Artist Course
- Personality Remodeling Course
- Corrective Makeup Artist Course
Best Makeup Artist Courses Offering Institutions in India
Let’s view some best makeup artist courses offering institutes in India.
- Delhi School of Beauty and Makeup, Delhi
- ISAS International Beauty School, Pune
- LTA School of Beauty, Mumbai
- Orange Beauty Academy, Vadodara
- VLCC Institute of Beauty & Nutrition, Lucknow
- Zuri International Beauty Academy, Chandigarh
- Brush Up, House of Makeup, Gurugram
The entertainment and fashion industry presently employs the makeup artists in a wide range. These makeup artists may work for a company or work an individual or work as freelance artists paid per jobs. In recent years they can see an increase in the demand for skilled and talented makeup artists to work with actors, actresses, production houses, and for television and as well as movies. In big entertainment areas, these professionals have unions and associations and they belong to those organizations.
On completion of makeup artist courses, the candidate can get choose many career options. Some options of makeup artists are given below.
- Skin Artist
- Salon Manager
- Makeup Expert
- Hair Stylist
- Bridal Makeup Artist
- Skin Special Makeup Artist
- Assistant Salon Manager
The starting salary for fresh makeup artists is approximately Rs. 10k-15k per month. After gaining some years of experience the candidate can get around Rs.30k-50k.
The salary package depends on the profile, working experience, and talent of the candidate.
Related Articles are