Cosmetology is a popular field of study of cosmetics and how they affect the skin and hair of those who use them. Cosmetology Courses can be the ideal choice for anyone who is considering working in the beauty business and industry. Get some essential information about Cosmetology Courses which includes Cosmetology degree, diploma and certificate courses in India with its syllabus, eligibility, fee, duration, top colleges, and universities, etc.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
What is Cosmetology?
Content In This Article
- 1 What is Cosmetology?
- 2 Who is a Cosmetologist?
- 3 Cosmetology Course Details
- 4 Eligibility Criteria to become a Cosmetologist:
- 5 Cosmetology Courses Fee
- 6 Duration of Course
- 7 List of Classes
- 8 Some of the institutes providing Cosmetology Courses
- 9 Best Career Options for a Cosmetologist
- 10 Performing Cosmetology Services
- 11 Salary Details
Cosmetology is the study and application of beauty treatment. It is the science which focuses on making people look good. In this Course many branches available which include beauty therapy and treatments for face, hair, body and overall health care.
Who is a Cosmetologist?
A cosmetologist is someone who is an expert in the care of hair and makeup as well as skincare and beauty products.
Cosmetology Course Details
The main objective of the Cosmetology Course is to develop the candidate in the practical skills, theoretical knowledge and professional attitude for success in the Cosmetology profession.
Many courses in this subject have prescribed sets of classes focused on beauty industry specializations like as nail or hair care. In addition to vocational subjects, students may also expect to take business courses in client management or accounting.
Eligibility Criteria to become a Cosmetologist:
Though there is no formal qualification mandatory to become a cosmetologist, although, many industries will require you to attend a cosmetology school and be at least 16 years of age
Cosmetology Courses Fee
The Course Fees ranges between 1,00,000 to 1, 80,000. The course fees are different as per course.
Duration of Course
The Cosmetology Courses offered by the universities are full duration courses. Some universities or colleges also offer short duration job oriented courses.
The courses offered under cosmetology are given below:
- Diploma in Fashion Media Makeup
- Diploma in Cosmetology
- Diploma in Hair Dressing
- Diploma in Makeup
- Duration – 6 months to 1 year
- Certificate Course in Herbal Beauty and Therapy
- Certificate Course in Massage Therapy
- Certificate course in Beauty Culture
- Duration – 3 to 6 Months
- PG Diploma in Cosmetology (PGDC)
- Duration – 1 year
List of Classes
- Basic Safety and Sanitation Course
- Hair Care Course
- Aesthetics and Hair Removal Course
- Nail Care Course
- Skin Science Course
- Salon Management Course
Some of the institutes providing Cosmetology Courses
- Institute of Cosmetic and Laser Surgery, S.V. Patel Road, Borivli, Mumbai.
- Radio Bhuvan Career Supermarket, Colaba, Mumbai
- VLCC Academy of Beauty Health and Management has Institutes in all major Indian Cities
- Eves Beauty Parlour and Academy, NCR Delhi.
- Anoo’s International Beauty School, Somajiguda, Hyderabad.
Here are some types of cosmetology & beauty programs: Such as
- Cosmetology (hair, skin, nails, makeup)
- Nail technician
- Permanent makeup
- Hair braiding
- Hair design
Certain beauty schools offer extra programs in related areas, like
- Massage therapy
- Laser training
- Salon management
- Teacher training
- Fashion design
Best Career Options for a Cosmetologist
Following are the career in cosmetology can lead to a selection of professions in the beauty industry, which including:
- Nail technician
- Salon or spa manager
- Wedding and Event Stylist
- Makeup artist
Performing Cosmetology Services
Hair stylists will
Shampoo & Condition, Cut, trim, style, Color, Perm, Provide other hair services
Nail techs may perform
Manicures, Polish removal, Cuticle treatments, Polishing, Nail art
Makeup artist tasks include
Bridal, Seasonal, Color pallet selection, Eye and lip treatments, Male and senior makeup, Special effects, Theatrical, Film/TV.
Generally, the salary of cosmetologists will be based on their earning potential, city, level of experience, and some other factors. In India, a cosmetologist can earn Rs. 1.5 lakh to Rs. 2 Lakh per annum.