Economics: With regard to an individual, economics is defined as “The process where a person consumes goods and services to satisfy his needs”. But in the business sense, it is defined as “an art of science dealing with production, distribution and consumption of goods and services to increase the growth of the business, organizations and nations by making right choices for proper utilization of resources to increase the wealth of nation”. Let us see complete details about BSc Economics like its Subjects, eligibility, course fee, syllabus, career, job profiles, salary packages, etc.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Bachelor of Sciences with Economics:
Content In This Article
Recently new courses are introduced in science courses with relation to Economics in bachelor degrees to know the need of economics and the use of them. It is one of the specialisation courses in bachelor’s degree which is used in the process of decision making. Some of the courses are:
- Physics with Economics
- Chemistry with Economics
- Biology with Economics etc.
Subjects in BSc Economics:
The subjects in this course are as follows:
- Micro Economics & Macro Economics
- Monetary Systems
- Elements of Public Finance
- Policy and the Indian Economy
- Mathematical Applications in Economics
- Public Economics
- Econometric Methods
- International Trade & Policy
- Introduction to Development Economics
- Introduction to Environmental Economics etc.
The duration of the Bachelor of Sciences Economics course is three years.
The fee charged for B.Sc Economics is Rs.30,000/- to Rs.50,000/- per annum.
The eligibility for this course is 10+2 with the basic stream as mathematics and sciences.
Advanced Courses for B.Sc Economics:
Advanced courses related to B.Sc Economics are:
- Sc. Business Economics
- A. Analytical & Applied Economics
- A. Quantitative Economics
- B.A. Business Economics
- Sc. Mathematical Economics etc.
Top colleges for B.Sc Economics:
The top colleges that hire B.Sc Economics are:
- Scottish Church College, Kolkata
- Avvm Sri Pushpam College, Tanjavur
- National Post Graduate College, Lucknow
- Kirti M Doongursee College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
- The New College, Chennai
- Ramniranjan Jhunjhunwala College, Mumbai
- Lal Bahdur Shastri PG College, Jaipur
- The Nizam College, Hyderabad etc.
Employment areas for B.Sc Economics:
The employment areas for B.Sc Economics are:
- Marketing Companies
- Stock Markets
- Research Labs
- Educational Institutions
- Media Analyst
- Relations Manager
- Banking Sector etc
Placements for BSc Economics:
The companies that hire placements for BSc Economics are:
- Damodar Valley Corporation
- ICICI Bank
- IIFA Private Wealth Management
- Reliance Capital Asset Management Ltd.
- Global Powersource Pvt. Ltd.
- Bharosa Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Intap Labs Pvt. Ltd.
- SKP Securities Ltd.
- Ernst & Young Ltd.
- IDFC Mutual Funds Pvt. Ltd. etc.
The salary packages may be from Rs.2,00,000/- to Rs.5,00,000/-
Also See: List of Various UG Courses in India