We all know that agriculture is the main source for the growth of Indian Economy. Without agriculture, no human can survive on earth. So it is called the “backbone of Indian Economy”. We all are going on saying that agriculture is source for livelihood on earth. But actually what is agriculture? – Agriculture is the process of cultivating or producing plants and medicinal herbs, fibers etc. for the protection and enhancement of human life on earth. So our farmers adopt and follow various techniques for the development of agriculture such as cattle rearing, breeding of animals and plants, maintaining food security, import/export of business goods by using various development methods of agriculture like horticulture, terrestrial farming etc. The Government also takes good measures for the development of agriculture by introducing and implementing various schemes towards protection of agricultural sector. Let us see more details regarding BSc Agriculture from below stated lines.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Bachelor of Science in Agriculture:
Content In This Article
- 1 Bachelor of Science in Agriculture:
- 2 Various Courses relating to BSc Agriculture:
- 3 Course Duration:
- 4 Eligibility Criteria:
- 5 Fees Structure:
- 6 Top Colleges for B.Sc. Agriculture:
- 7 Syllabus for the course:
- 8 Advanced Courses:
- 9 Jobs offered for B.Sc. Agriculture:
- 10 Salary allocation:
- 11 Company allocation for jobs under BSc Agriculture:
Like another science in a bachelor degree, a course related to agriculture is made compulsory everywhere in India keeping in mind that agriculture is the major source in Indian Economy. The course is helpful to know something about the production of goods from plants, maintaining of poultry farms and animal husbandry etc. It deals with the study of various techniques used in process of farming i.e. uses of pesticides & manures, crop rotation periods, cultivation & growth of seasonal plants, necessary measures taken to protect the crop etc.
Various Courses relating to BSc Agriculture:
The courses related to B.Sc.Agriculture are as follows:
- Bachelor of Science(Honors) in Agriculture
- Bachelor of Science in Crop Physiology
- Bachelor of Science in Food Processing
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Biotechnology
- Diploma course in Agriculture etc.
The duration for BSc Agriculture may be four consecutive years.
The eligibility criteria for the course is:
- One should complete 10+2.
- They should have sciences as his basic stream which include Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- He should have English as his basic language.
The fees for the course may vary in between Rs.5,000 to Rs.10,000/-.
Top Colleges for B.Sc. Agriculture:
Top colleges hiring BSc Agriculture are hereunder:
- Govind Ballabh Pant University, Pantnagar
- Agricultural College, Bapatla
- Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
- Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Hyderabad
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Bengaluru
- Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering, Bhopal
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar
- Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute, New Delhi
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Banasthali University, Jaipur etc.
Syllabus for the course:
The syllabus for the course for four years is as follows:
- Agronomy (1 & 2) – study of crop production & field crops
- Plant pathology – plant diseases
- Genetics and plant breeding – physiology and genetic engineering and others
- Horticulture – study of fruit crops and vegetables, landscaping.
- Agricultural Engineering – machinery, pumps, surveying.
- Livestock and Poultry Production – study about farm animals and poultry.
- Entomology – study about insects
- Computer science – basics
- Statistics etc.
The post graduate courses that can be attained are:
- M.F.S.C. Applied Agriculture
- M.Sc. Agriculture
- M.Sc. Agricultural Biochemistry
- M.Sc. Animal Husbandry & Drying
- M.Sc. Wild Life Sciences
- M.B.A. Agriculture
- Ph.D. Agriculture Biotechnology etc.
Jobs offered for B.Sc. Agriculture:
The jobs offered for this course are as follows:
- Agricultural Officer
- Forest Officer
- Farm Manager
- Agricultural Advisor
- Production Manager
- Research Manager
- Farm Consultant etc.
Salary allocated for the respective designations may start from Rs.20,000/-p.m.
Company allocation for jobs under BSc Agriculture:
The companies that hires graduates for B.Sc.Agriculture are as follows:
- Agricultural Departments
- Commercial Farming
- Food Corporation of India
- National Dairy Development Board
- NABARD & its associate banks
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Agro based Industries etc.
Also Read Agricultural Career Prospectus