Structural Engineering is mainly a sub division of civil engineering in which structural engineers are trained to understand, estimate and calculate the stability, strength of built structures for buildings and non-building structures to develop designs. Read this article for more information about Structural Engineering Course, scope, eligibility, job profiles, and salaries etc. details.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
What is Structural Engineering?
Content In This Article
Structural Engineering is the branch of civil engineering which deals with the modern buildings and the similar structures. Structural engineers are specialists in design, construction, conversion, repair and conservation. The basic tasks of structural engineering relate numerical quantities of physical forces to physical configurations. Analysis and Design are important procedures in the overall process of designing new structures. Structure Engineers create drawings and specifications, perform calculations, review the work of other engineers, write reports and evaluations and observe construction lands. Pdf is one of the information sources for those who want to know the details related to structural engineering.
Structural Engineering Course Details
- Bachelor of Technology in Structural Engineering:
B.Tech in Structural Engineering course is a four years duration course.
- The students who have passed 12th examinations with physics, chemistry, and mathematics in science stream subjects.
- Some reputed colleges conduct entrance exams for the admission process.
- Master of Technology in Structural Engineering:
M.Tech in Structural Engineering is two years duration course.
- The candidates who have completed B.Tech course in its related branch are eligible for this master course.
- GATE/NET qualified students shall be preferred.
Keys Skills for Structural Engineers:
- Project and budget management Skills
- Good attention with in site surroundings
- Commercial Awareness
- Good Communication Skills
- Excellent Mathematical, IT and Analytical Skills
Structural Engineering Career and Job Description
Structural engineers design the structure of buildings, pipelines and bridges so that they can support their resist forces such as weather and traffic. Generally, the structural engineering is considered a specialty of civil engineering. The civil engineers may design dams, roadways, tunnels and bridges but the structural engineer ensures the specific architectural components such as floors, beams and foundations are structurally. The structural engineer require the professional engineer license. The demand and career options for structural engineers are increasing rapidly in India. Almost every construction need structural engineering.
Job Profiles of Structural Engineers
Structural engineers design, plan and oversee the constructions of new buildings and bridges and extensions to existing the properties or alternatives. The structural engineer engaged in different works of constructions. Let check out the some of the job profiles of structural engineers.
- Assistant Engineer
- Planning Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Site Engineer
- Civil Engineer
Structural engineers are primarily concerned designing and constructing buildings and structures. The structural engineering graduates can get good employment opportunities both in private and public sectors and government agencies.
- Constructions/ engineering consultancies
- Local Authorities
- Railway Operations
- Utility Companies
- Central Government Organizations
- The salaries for the fresh structural engineers is approximately Rs.22k – 25k.
- If a structural engineer have 3 years’ experience he can earn approximately Rs.27k-35k
- The high experienced structural engineer can earn approximately around Rs.40k-70k.
Top Job Recruitment Construction Companies in India
If you have details about recruiting companies see below stated few companies list for Structural Engineers.
- L & T Engineering and Construction Division
- IRCON International Ltd
- Tata Projects Ltd
- Larsen and Toubro Limited
- Essar Group
- Jaypee Group
- Hindustan Construction Company( HCC)
- KEC International Ltd
- Gammon India Ltd
- IRB Infrastructure Developers Ltd
- Nagarjuna Construction Company Ltd
- Patel Engineering Ltd
- Arun Excello Group of Companies
- Sadbhav Engineering Ltd
- Sanwaria Groups