GATE Exam Details: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Examination will be conducted for several categories. Top Branhces for G.A.T.E Exam are AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF, XE, AR, CY, GG, MA, PH and XL. The candidates who have fulfilled the GATE Exam Eligibility Criteria, they need to submit their provisional documents or degree certificates of the completion of the program. We are providing GATE Syllabus and Exam Pattern for each branch individually. You may visit the respective link for download the G A T E Exam Notification and list of colleges accepting GATE Score
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Gate Exam:
The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board-GATE. The GATE Exam is conducting for students for their complete understanding of various subjects in Engineering & Technology. This entrance exam will be held in multiple sessions. The GATE Score is used for admissions to Post Graduate Programmes (ME, M.Tech, MS, Direct Ph.D.). Every year it released the GATE Exam Notification on its official website www.iitr.ac.in. Interested students note down the GATE Exam Dates and register before the due dates.
GATE Exam Details of Eligibility
Before going to GATE Entrance Exam Registration Process, you must check the GATE Entrance Exam Eligibility from here as well as official web portal www.iitr.ac.in. The students who have a bachelor degree in B.E/ B.Arch/ B.Tech/B.Pharm from a recognized and affiliated university are eligible to appear in GATE Exam. All those engineering students who are aspiring to pursue a Masters degree in institutes like IIT, NIT IISC, or those opting to apply for a Ph.D. in India or abroad are eligible to fill GATE Application Form.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Exam Fees
All Candidates will have to submit their Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Exam Fee at the time of registration. GATE Application fee for all candidates will vary according to their category like SC/ST/OBC/PWD and General etc.
- For Male Candidates (General/OBC): 1500/-
- For Women Candidates of any category: 750/-
- For Other Candidates (General/OBC): 1500/-
- For SC / ST / PWD Category Candidates: 750/-
GATE Fee Payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or e-Challan facilities
GATE Entrance Exam Registration
- GATE Entrance Exam Registration process involves the following steps:
- Read the GATE Application at the official website www.iitr.ac.in.
- Enter details asked in the GATE registration form such as name, date of birth, email ID and Mobile Number.
- Next step for filling the application form is to upload photograph, signature and other documents.
- Pay the Registration Fee as suitable to the category to the category, which complete form submission.
GATE Exam Pattern
- The exam will be held in the online mode (Computer Based Test).
- The questions in the GATE Exam will be MCQs and Numerical questions.
- The answers to the Numerical questions are to be calculated by using the online virtual calculator.
- There is a negative mark of 0.33 marks for 1 mark questions and 0.66 marks for 2 marks questions.
- No negative marking for numerical questions.
The candidates who are interested to attend Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam, it is high time to know about GATE Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
Candidates can better preparation with the help of their GATE Syllabus. Students can check more GateExamDetails of Syllabus from our site. We will provide all the details as soon as possible.
The syllabus for GATE may vary according to branches that the students deal in their graduation. The syllabus is common for some branches and some are different. Let’s go through the exam syllabus of GATE under various branches.
Syllabus for Chemistry (CY), Geology & Geophysics (GG), Mathematics (MA), Physics (PH) & Life Sciences (XL) are as follows:
- General Aptitude – 20% of total marks weigh
- Subject Questions – 80% of total marks weigh
Syllabus for Engineering Sciences (XE), Textile Engineering & Fiber Sciences (TF), Agricultural Engineering (AG), Mining Engineering (MN) etc. are as follows:
- Engineering Mathematics – 12% of total marks weigh
- General Aptitude – 18% of total marks weigh
- Subject Questions – 70% of total marks weigh
Tutorials for GATE
There are various colleges or tutorials that provide coaching for GATE in India for attaining a good score in the examinations. They provide coaching for the students who opt for long-term as well a short term. Some of the colleges or tutorials that provide coaching for GATE are as follows:
- Dronacharya Institute for GATE, New Delhi
- ELITE Academy, Andhra Pradesh
- Vani Institute, Bengaluru
- IES Academy, Kolkata
- Brilliant Tutorials, Chennai
- GIS Academy, Coimbatore
- PIE Education Center, Bhopal etc.