About Ph.D Course: Here you can find the info about PhD Course Details such as Definition, skills required for Doctor of Philosophy Course, Ph.D Eligibility Criteria, Duration of the course, Fee, Syllabus, Subjects, PhD Colleges, Job Types, etc. Read below information to find out more details about Ph.D Course.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Definition of PhD:
Content In This Article
Doctor of Philosophy is abbreviation of Ph.D. or D.Phil. It is a type of doctorate degree awarded by universities in many countries. PhD is a Latin term which stands for ‘Philosophiae Doctor’ it means ‘Teacher in love of Wisdom’. Ph.D is awarded for a wide range of programs in the sciences, engineering, and humanities, among others.
PhD Course structure
Indian PhDs operate within a familiar 3-tiered system, commencing with an undergraduate Bachelor’s degree, followed by postgraduate Masters and PhD degrees. The academic year usually commences in the months of July or August, but admission to a PhD Course may be more flexible.
There are three stages of admission to the doctoral program:
- Admission to graduate study when the student first matriculates
- Admission to doctoral study following successful completion of the preliminary exam
- Admission to candidacy following successful completion of the comprehensive exam and approval of the dissertation proposal.
Doctor of Philosophy Subjects
Subject vary in accordance with one’s Chosen field of specialization
Some of the Doctor of Philosophy Specializations are
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Physics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Mathematics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Finance and Economics
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Psychology
Fees for PhD Course
Fees at Indian universities are very variable, but often surprisingly cheap.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
- In order to apply for the PhD Courses, candidate must have an M.Tech/ME in any branch of engineering.
- An MCA degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree and is not normally sufficient for admission.
Duration of Programme
Ph.D Programme Duration is Minimum of 5 years. The first 2 years of course work is towards an M.Sc. degree, followed by research work of a minimum of 3 years towards the Ph.D. degee.
Universities which offer PhD Programmes in India
- Delhi University.
- Assam university silchar (Assam).
- Chaudhary charan singh, Haryana agriculture university, Hissar (Haryana).
- Goa University: faculty of science, Taleigao plateuo (Goa).
- Gujarat University: faculty of science, ahmdabad (Gujarat).
- Guru nanak dev university, Amritsar (Punjab).
Click Here for Doctorate (PhD) Degree Average Salaries, Jobs info
Doctor of Philosophy Employment Areas
- Educational Institutes
- Law Firms
- Research Institutes
- Philosophical Journals
- Publishing Houses
- Human Services Industry
Doctor of Philosophy Job Types
As one of the highest degrees in the field of education, there are several jobs available with a Doctor of Philosophy
- Lecturer and Professor
- Human Service Worker
- Novelist and Writer
- Independent Consultant
- Researcher and Scientist
- Philosophical Journalist
- Journalist Editor and Critic