Introduction: Pharmacy is a branch of medical & chemical sciences which deals with the preparation and dispensing of medicines. The person who deals with this branch is known as a pharmacist. He plays a major role in manufacturing medicines with various combination chemicals in which a patient relaxes to some extent by using such medicines. It plays a major role in the medical courses next to M.B.B.S. Here you can learn more info about Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) and its career prospects.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Courses in Pharmacy:
Content In This Article
The main objective of all the courses related to Pharmacy is same i.e. the process of manufacturing and dispensing of medicines. There are various courses in the medical courses related to Pharmacy. Let’s see what the courses are for Pharmacy.
- Diploma Courses in Pharmacy (D. Pharm)
- Bachelor Degree Courses in Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
- Master Degree Courses in Pharmacy (M. Pharm)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) etc.
About Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D):
The course Doctor of Pharmacy is a demandable course in India and abroad. This is the demandable doctor course next to M.B.B.S. This course is completely concerned with the clinical care of the patients in intensive care units. It is completely a hospital oriented course which have a great demand all over the world. The Pharm D course was introduced in India by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) in the year 2008. Let’s look for the courses details of Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D.).
Course Details of Pharm.D:
The Doctor of Pharmacy course details consists of the duration of the course, fee structure, eligibility etc.
The duration of the course was 6 years long in which it takes 5 years of study course and one year completely for the internship in the colleges or universities with adjoining hospitals.
As it is a demandable course, the fee related to the course may vary in between RS.2, 50, 000/- to Rs.3, 00, 000/- for each year.
The one who aspires to possess the Pharm D course should fulfil the following requirements:
- One should complete his 10 + 2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as his basic stream along with Mathematics.
- One should attain D. Pharm course from PCI or any university recognised by PCI.
- One should score an aggregate of 70% for pursuing his Pharm D course.
- One should complete the age of 17 years on (or) before 31st December of the respective year.
Subjects for the course:
The subjects for Pharma D for 5 years are as follows:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Community Pharmacy
- Pharmacotherapeutics (I & II)
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Remedial Mathematics
- Biostatistics & Research Methodology
- Clinical Research
- Pharma co-economics
- Clinical Toxicology
- Medical Chemistry etc.
Colleges for Pharm D Courses:
The Doctor of Pharmacy is a demandable course in and around India. Let’s look for the colleges famous for the course in India.
- Vaageswari College of Pharmacy, Andhra Pradesh
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Tamil Nadu
- Integral University, Uttar Pradesh
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Karnataka
- RR College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru
- KVM College of Pharmacy, Kerala
- Mallareddy College of Pharmacy, Hyderabad etc.
Pharm D Career:
The course of Doctor of Pharmacy have an excellent career in and around India. Let’s see some of the career options for Pharm D course.
The candidates who possessed Pharm D course can avail the following employment opportunities:
- Pharmacy Doctor
- Hospital & Home care
- Intensive care doctors
- Clinical Researchers
- Drug Specialisation Officers
- Sales Representatives etc.
The person who attain employment in reputed hospitals as pharmacists or doctors can have a salary of Rs.20,000/- and may vary according to specialisation.