If you want to start your career as a microbiology scientist then there is a branch in the medical field that is microbiology. This article provides you with the complete information of microbiology course details like eligibility criteria, duration, subjects, colleges, jobs, employment areas, top recruiters and salary.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Microbiology Course
Content In This Article
- 1 About Microbiology Course
- 2 Microbiology Course Specializations
- 3 List of Microbiology Courses
- 4 Bachelors Microbiology Course
- 5 Masters Microbiology Course
- 6 Ph.D. course
- 7 Colleges for Microbiology Course
- 8 Job Types of Microbiology Course
- 9 Employment Areas of Microbiology Course
- 10 Recruiters of Microbiology Course
- 11 Salary of Microbiology Course
The branch of science that deals with the study of microorganisms are called microbiology. Microorganisms are the small organisms which cannot be seen through eyes. Microbiology consists of many sub-disciplines including virology, bacteriology, parasitology and mycology. Some examples of microorganisms are bacteria, viruses and fungi.
Microbiology Course Specializations
Some specialized courses of microbiology
- Microbial Physiology
- Industrial Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Applied Microbiology
- Microbial Pathogenesis
- Molecular Genetics
- Cellular Microbiology
- Soil Microbiology
- Nano Microbiology
- Water Microbiology
- Evolutionary microbiology
- Generation Microbiology
- Agricultural Microbiology
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
List of Microbiology Courses
Bachelors Microbiology Course
B.Sc. Microbiology course comes under bachelors program in a microbiology course. The main concept of this course is the pathogenic potential of the organisms that cause disease in humans.
The duration to complete this course is 3 years.
- Molecular biology
- Genes, Evolution and Development
- Prokaryotic Microbiology
- Principles of Infectious Disease
- Immune Response and Disease
- Bacterial Infections of Man
Masters Microbiology Course
M.Sc. Microbiology comes under master’s degree in microbiology. This master’s course covers the study of organisms and their effect on humans. The course is suitable to students who have good knowledge in mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology.
The eligibility to pursue this master’s degree is completing bachelor’s degree from respective field.
The time required to complete this course is 2 years.
- Bio instrumentation
- Food and Dairy Microbiology
- Recent trends in Virology
- Molecular Immunology
- Enzyme Technology
- Microbial Genetics
- Bioprocess Engineering and Technology
- Fermentation Technology
- Recombinant DNA Technology
Ph.D. Microbiology comes under Ph.D. course in microbiology. It is a Doctorate degree program. The skills to acquire this degree are selecting, identifying, working on your own, organizing and communicating information.
The eligibility to pursue this course is having master’s degree in the required field.
The duration to complete this course is minimum 3 years and maximum 5 -6 years.
- Microbial Physiology and Metabolism
- Microbial Genetics
- Recombinant DNA technology
- Industrial and Food Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Microbial Pathogenicity
Colleges for Microbiology Course
- Patkar-Varde college, Mumbai
- MGR Janaki College, Chennai
- GITAM University, Vizag
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Acharya Bachelor B-School, Bangalore
- Amity University, Delhi
- Aditya Degree College, Kakinada
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- SGT University, Gurgaon
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi
Job Types of Microbiology Course
- Cell biologist
- Industrial Microbiologist
- Food Microbiologist
- Research Officer
- Microbiology Lecturer
- Chief Hygienist
- Quality Control Executive
- Scientific Laboratory Technician
- Clinical Research Associate
- Medical Technologist
- Senior Process Scientist
Employment Areas of Microbiology Course
- Chemical Industries
- Beverage Unit
- Pharmaceutical Sector
- Waste Management Companies
- Food and Beverage Companies
- Environmental Consultants
- Food Standards Agencies
- Forensic Science Labs
- Health Care Organizations
- Development Laboratories
Recruiters of Microbiology Course
- National Institute of Oceanography, Panaji
- Alpha Pharma Health Care India Limited
- The Central University of Rajasthan. Ajmer
- Mascot International
- Lakshmi Life Sciences Ltd.
- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- Orion Edutech, Kolkata
- Health Watch, Chennai
- Siron Technology Pvt.Ltd.
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Delhi
Salary of Microbiology Course
- The average salary of Microbiologist in India is 2 to 3 lakhs.
- In Government organizations microbiologist get handsome of salary along with other benefits and perks.
- For experienced candidates, the salary varies in both private and government sectors.