Industrial Engineering is one of the unique branch of engineering discipline. In this engineering the professionals create engineering processes and systems which improve quality and productivity. Want to know more information about Industrial Engineering Course like eligibility, duration, colleges, recruitment areas, and career scope and job profiles etc, let’s read this article.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Industrial Engineering
Content In This Article
Industrial Engineering involves with the design and operations of different industrial processes. It is also deals with the planning, design, optimization of production and manufacturing processes. This engineering discipline is very useful to both business and engineering fields.
This industrial engineering includes various industrial activities of an organization. The activities such as project management, manufacturing, production and distribution, supply chain management, productivity, methods and processes of process engineering etc.
Role of Industrial Engineers
Industrial engineers may work with supply chain, production factors and budgetary concerns. The try to find ways to remove wastefulness in the production processes. The industrial engineers mainly focus on how to work efficiently by managing the some factors such as time, managing the number of workers, technology availability, need of the workers and achieving the product with good quality, the cost and the safety of workers. Some of the duties done by Industrial engineering professionals are given below.
- The industrial engineers improve management control systems to make planning of finance and the cost analysis more efficient.
- They apply their skills in different situations related to business administration.
- Design the control systems which are useful to coordinate of activities and production planning.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Complex Problem Solving Skills
- Good negotiating and Interpersonal Skills
- Having Knowledge of Scientific Way of Management
- Good Numeracy Skills
- Business Strategy, Operation and Documentation Skills
- Having a high standard of Computer Literacy
- Good Communication Skills
List of Industrial Engineering Courses
- Certificate courses in Industrial and Production Engineering
- Diploma in Industrial and Production Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial & Production Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Production & Industrial Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Industrial & Production Engineering
- Master of Technology in Production & Industrial Engineering
- Master of Technology in Production Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Safety
Industrial Engineering Course Details
- The duration of the certification courses is six months, sometime it is vary depending upon the institution.
- The duration of Diploma courses is three years.
- Bachelor courses of industrial engineering is four years.
- And the duration to complete the master courses is two years.
For Certification courses:
The basic eligibility for certification course is 10th standard form a recognized board.
For Diploma Courses:
After completion of certification courses the candidate can go for diploma courses.
For Bachelor courses:
The candidate must have passed the 10+2 examinations with science subjects like mathematic, physics, chemistry and biology from a recognized board.
For Master Courses:
The eligibility criteria for pursing the master courses, the candidate should complete their bachelor degree in its related engineering field.
Top Industrial Engineering Institutes in India
- Indian Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
- RV College of Engineering: Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Bangalore
- The National Institute of Technology, Mysore
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- College of Engineering, Trivandrum
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Anna University, Chennai
Careers in Industrial Engineering
Industrial Engineering is one of the most sought and promising career option. With wide range of skills, the industrial engineering professionals can work both in technical and managerial positions. Usually the industrial engineers are hired by many types of industries to increase the productivity while reducing the wasted materials of an organization.
Some career prospective areas are as follows.
- Manufacturing Industries
- Whole sale Trade
- Service Industries
- Logistics Companies
- Research and Development firms
- Healthcare Industries
- Consulting and Engineering Services etc.
The industrial engineers manage and develop the logistical, technological and materials resources of a production system with effective quality.
Let’s discuss some job roles done by industrial engineering professionals below.
- Plant Engineer
- Industrial Manager
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Quality Control Technician
- Operations Analyst
The average salary for fresh industrial engineering candidate is approximately Rs.10k-18k per month.
An experienced and established candidate can get around Rs.25k-40k per month.
Also See Various Engineering Career Options