Leather Technology plays a vital role in the development of a tanning industry in India. This field is suitable for those who wants to make their mark in fashion styling and computer added design of leather product. In this article we are providing about Leather Technology Course details like duration, eligibility, syllabus, best college and career path etc.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
What is Leather Technology?
Content In This Article
- 1 What is Leather Technology?
- 2 List of Leather Technology Courses
- 3 Diploma in Leather Technology Course
- 4 Duration
- 5 Eligibility
- 6 Syllabus
- 7 Job Types
- 8 B.Tech/B.E in Leather Technology
- 9 Duration
- 10 Eligibility
- 11 Syllabus
- 12 Job Types
- 13 M.Tech/M.E in Leather Technology
- 14 Duration
- 15 Eligibility
- 16 Syllabus
- 17 Job Types
- 18 Best Leather Technology Colleges in India
- 19 Career Path
Leather technology is one of the important branch of engineering discipline, it involves with the synthesis, production and refining of leather which lead to proper use. This engineering gain lot of importance in industrial sector. In this engineering you have to mainly focus on science and technology of leather manufacture.
The work in the leather field is mainly includes three methods design, manufacture and marketing. The designing involves the creating the new pattern in tune with the current fashion trends in the fashion computer aided design. The CAD is the new technique introduced in the leather field.
List of Leather Technology Courses
Diploma in Leather Technology Course
This course is diploma level leather technology course. Through this course the students can get the depth knowledge of leather technology and its related areas. They can also develop their innovation skills.
Diploma in Leather Technology is a three years academic course.
The minimum qualification for this program is 10th standard form a recognized board.
Let’s see some important topics of Diploma in Leather Technology course listed below.
- Material Science
- Electrical Machines and Drives
- Statistics and Linear Programming
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanics of Solids
- Principles of Material Testing
- Numerical Methods
- Footwear Technology
- Professional Ethics
- Quality Management
- Practice of Leather Manufacture
- Leather Goods and Garment Technology
- Leather Technician
- Assistant Manager
- Technical Assistant
- Marketing Head
- Leather Chemicals Marketing Executive
- Pattern Maker
Also See: Career Opportunities After Diploma
B.Tech/B.E in Leather Technology
Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Engineering in Leather Technology is the bachelor level degree program. Through this course the students learn about the three most important processes of leather industry such as preparatory, crusting and tanning stages.
B.Tech in Leather Technology duration is four years and divided into eight semesters.
To pursue this course one should complete their 10+2 examinations in science stream from a recognized board.
View the some important topics of B.Tech in Leather Technology course given below.
- Principles of Pre-Tannage
- Post tanning operations
- Methods of leather manufacture
- Analytical chemistry of leather
- Biochemistry of proteins
- Biotechnology of leather manufacture
- Footwear and leather goods technology
- Physical Chemistry
- Process Economics and Industrial Management
- Organic Chemistry
- Leather Product Designer
- Process Engineer
- Quality Control Manager
- Scientific Assistant
- Field Biologist
- R&D Engineer
M.Tech/M.E in Leather Technology
Master of Technology or Master of Engineering in Leather Technology is the Master level degree program. This course useful the students by providing advanced training in the technicalities of the leather industry in terms of management and functioning.
The duration of the master courses of leather technology is two years and may divided into four semesters.
The basic qualification to pursue this Leather Technology Course is one should complete their bachelor degree in its related filed.
Let’s see some important topics of this course given below.
- Applied Mathematics for Leather Technology
- Advanced Leather Biotechnology
- Environmental Management System
- Nano Technology for Leather
- Instrumental Methods in Leather Science
- Colloid and surface Chemistry
- Energy Management in Leather Industries
- Engineering Economics in Leather Production
- Science and Technology of Leather Supplements and Synthetics
- Leather Chemicals Instrumental Laboratory
- Quality Supervisor
- Footwear Designer
- Marketing Executive
- Project Assistant
- Research Associate
- Production Manager
Best Leather Technology Colleges in India
In India there are number of colleges/universities are offering Leather Technology Course at diploma, bachelor, master level, among them we mention some best colleges below.
- Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai
- Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology, Calcutta
- CMJ University, Shillong
- Harcourt Butler Technical University, Kanpur
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute, Agra
On completion of leather technology courses, the candidates can get good opportunities in many industries such as leather firms, export houses, leather product industries etc. Job prospects are good for those who have excellent designing skills with mental ability. One of the major advantage is that the leather technology professionals can get attractive salaries and high standard of living.