In the present digital society, can we imagine ourselves without power? No, it’s highly impossible because we are habituated with the digital life. Firstly we can’t live in a house without power for even for five minutes. Then, how can we live without digital equipment in the house. So to deal with all these sources, Electricals & Electronics are useful. So, from the general point of view, we can say that Electrical & Electronics are useful systems and the study of this science is called Electrical & Electronic Engineering. Before going through the course details, let’s know about Electrical and Electronic Engineering separately.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Electrical Engineering:
Content In This Article
- 1 About Electrical Engineering:
- 2 About Electronic Engineering:
- 3 Relation between Electrical and Electronic Engineering:
- 4 Electrical and Electronic Engineering:
- 5 Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course Details:
- 6 Branches of the course:
- 7 Subjects of the course:
- 8 Duration of the course:
- 9 Eligibility of this course:
- 10 Fee structure of the course:
- 11 Advanced courses of Electrical & Electronic Engineering:
- 12 Top Colleges hiring Electrical & Electronic Engineering:
- 13 Career for Electrical & Electronic Engineering:
- 14 Employment opportunities:
- 15 Companies hiring Electrical & Electronical Engineers:
- 16 Salary Package:
Electrical Engineering is an art of science dealing with the study of working with devices with the source of electricity.
About Electronic Engineering:
Electronic Engineering is an art of science dealing with working of power devices using circuits and various components for producing and distributing of power to machines, telecommunication systems and so on.
Relation between Electrical and Electronic Engineering:
Though the terms are different, they have an interdependent relationship whereas Electrical Engineering deals with working of devices through Electronic devices like power circuits, diodes, transistors etc.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering:
The Electrical & Electronic Engineering comes under the course of Bachelor of Technology(B.Tech.) in which it deals with the study of power systems or devices, power gadgets for providing power to various digital appliances like computers, machines, communication systems etc. It is a valuable and demandable course in the world because everything in our life is connected with electrical and electronic gadgets. Now, let’s go through the course details.
Electrical & Electronic Engineering Course Details:
The course, Electrical and Electronical Engineering consists of various contents like branches of the course, duration of course, top colleges for the course etc. The details are provided hereunder:
Branches of the course:
Various branches related to this course are:
- Biomedicine with Electronic Engineering
- Electronic Engineering with Computer Systems
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Control & Power Engineering
- Electronic Systems with Nano Technology
- Instrumental Engineering etc.
Subjects of the course:
The course consists of eight semesters for the whole course. Let’s see some of the subjects for 8 semesters.
- Calculus & Engineering Graphics
- Physics & Elements of Electrical Engineering
- Analog Electronic Circuits & Digital Electronic Circuits
- Mathematics for Electrical Engineers, DC Machines & Transformers
- Analysis of Electrical Power System, Electronic System Design
- Testing, Commissioning & Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- High Voltage Engineering & Renewable Energy Sources
- Organisational Behaviour & Digital Signal Processors for Electrical Engineering
- English & Project (Full-Time) etc.
Duration of the course:
The duration of this B.Tech course is obviously four years.
Eligibility of this course:
The eligibility of this course can be as follows.
- One should complete 10 + 2
- They should have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in the basic stream.
- They should have English as their basic language.
Fee structure of the course:
The Electrical & Electronic Engineering course is a very demanding course in B.Tech bachelor degree. As it is a demanding course in India, the fee may be Rs.3,00,000/- for each semester and may vary according to its demand.
Advanced courses of Electrical & Electronic Engineering:
Students who aspire to pursue their professional or master degree towards Electrical and Electronic Engineering can opt for the following courses:
- M.Sc. Electrical & Electronical Engineering
- M.Sc. Electrical Power Systems
- M.Sc. Communication Systems
- M.Sc. Electronical Networking Systems
- M.Sc. Management of Electrical Power Systems
- M.Sc. Satellite Engineering
- M.Sc. Electrical Engineering & Informatics etc.
Top Colleges hiring Electrical & Electronic Engineering:
As it is a valuable & demanding course, there are various colleges providing good education for Electrical & Electronic Engineering in and around India. Some of the best colleges hiring this course are as follows:
- Academy for Technical & Management Excellence, Karnataka
- Aalim Muhammed Salegh College of Engineering, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- National University of Singapore, Singapore
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- University of California, United States etc.
Career for Electrical & Electronic Engineering:
The career in Electrical & Electronic Engineering will always be bright. The career details include employment opportunities, placement companies, and salary details. Let’s see the career details regarding the course.
As the course is a demandable course, the job opportunities can be hired with various specialisations. Some of the job specialisations are:
- Electrical Engineers
- Electronical Engineers
- Power generation servicers
- Electronic power designers
- Manufacturers of power devices such as circuits etc.
- Tele communicators
- Electronical media representatives
- Electrical & Electronical Researchers etc.
Companies hiring Electrical & Electronical Engineers:
The companies that provide placement for Electrical & Electronic Engineers are as follows:
- International Business Machines(IBM)
- Indian Oil Company Limited(IOCL)
- Essar Companies
- Boeing Company
- Godrej & Boyce.
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- L & T Constructions Pvt. Ltd.
- Google & Apple Companies
- Punj Lloyd
- ONGC Ltd. Etc.
The salary package may vary according to specialisation in Electrical & Electronical Engineering. It may vary according to specialisation, company payroll system, experience etc. The salary for the unexperienced / fresher may be Rs.20,000/- p.m. and for the experienced, it may be Rs.5,00,000/- p.a.