Financial Management is a vital activity in any organization and heart of the running successful business. Managing an organization’s financial resources to achieve its business objectives and maximize its value is one of the important aspect of this management. It is the process of planning, controlling and monitoring financial resources of the organizations. Let’s see the Diploma in Financial management course details in this article.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Introduction to Financial Management
Content In This Article
- 1 Introduction to Financial Management
- 2 Nature and Scope of Financial Management
- 3 Diploma in Financial Management Course Details
- 4 Duration of the Course:
- 5 Eligibility for DFM Course:
- 6 Syllabus:
- 7 Diploma in Financial Management through Distance:
- 8 Duration:
- 9 Eligibility:
- 10 Important Subjects:
- 11 Fee Details
- 12 Top Diploma Financial Management Institutions in India:
- 13 Employment Areas:
- 14 Job Roles
- 15 Salary Package:
- 16 Advanced Diploma Course in Financial Management:
Financial Management means planning, organizing, directing and controlling the financial activities of the enterprise. It refers to the effective management of money in a good manner to accomplish the objectives of the organization. It effects every aspect from managing cash flow and tracking business performance. Financial management is important to every business for production and marketing processes. It is concerned with the procurement and utilization of funds in the proper manner. The overall objective of the financial management is to provide maximum return to the owners on their investments in the long term.
Nature and Scope of Financial Management
Finance function is the most important of all business functions. The primary aim of the financial management is to arrange as much funds for the business as are required from time to time. The utilization of profit or loss is also important factor in financial management. It is the specialized function directly associated with the top management of the business. The management is the elected body of the shareholders if it is able to increase the value of their holdings. Financial manager is a person who is responsible to carry out the financial functions. Some of the financial functions done by the financial manager are given in the below.
- A financial manager has to estimate the financial needs of a business. For example how much money will be required for acquiring the various assets.
- A financial manager has to keep in the mind the principles of liquidity, safety while investing the funds of the business.
- He is supposed to assist management in marketing valuation etc.
- Every concern is required to maintain some liquidity for day-to-day needs, so the financial manager is required to determine the need for liquid assets
Diploma in Financial Management Course Details
Diploma in Financial management is a diploma level management course. This course provides the information to the students about fundamentals of financial management and controlling the monetary resources of an organization etc.
Duration of the Course:
The duration of this diploma course is twelve months or one year.
Eligibility for DFM Course:
- The students who have passed 12th with any stream can apply for this course.
- Undergraduates can pursue this diploma course
- And finally the Diploma or Vocational diploma candidates are also eligible for this financial management course.
Here you can see some of the important or main subjects of DFM course.
- Financial Management and control
- Corporate Finance
- Portfolio Management and Security Analysis
- Working Capital Management
- Indian Financial Services
- Financial Analysis and Planning
Diploma in Financial Management through Distance:
You can learn this DFM Course through distance learning.
The duration to complete this course is one year.
The candidates who have passed 12th from a recognized Board can apply for this course.
- Financial Management
- Managerial Economics
- Financial and Cost Accounting
- Risk Management
- Portfolio Management
The average fee for this diploma course is approximately Rs. 45k-60k per annum. Sometimes it varies from one institution to another due to the location of that institution.
Top Diploma Financial Management Institutions in India:
In India number of institutions are offering the diploma courses in Financial management, we mention some top institutions here.
- Xavier Institute of Social Service- Ranchi
- Jai Hind College- Mumbai
- Aligarh Muslim University- Aligarh
- National Institute of Information Technology- Delhi
- Kumaun University- Nainital
- Jaipur National University- Jaipur
- Guru Nanak Dev University- Amritsar
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning-Pune
- Management of Companies
- Banking Sector
- Front Offices
- Financial Services Companies
The candidates in this field include reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts and preparing reports and financial forecasts. Financial manager also try to find ways to improve profitability, and analyze markets for business opportunities such as expansion etc. Let’s view the some job roles of the financial management.
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Services& Research Analyst
- Project Coordinator
- Management Trainee
- Finance Manager
- Finance Accountant
- Finance Assistant
Depending upon the candidate qualification and experience the starting salary for that candidate is around Rs. 8,000-10,000/- per month. Usually, the private companies and multinational companies pay high range salary for the talented candidates.
Advanced Diploma Course in Financial Management:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management