As we all know that everything in the world and universe itself is filled with science. In the past, the people are unable to realize this fact. Later various scientists came to know the fact by performing various experiments and created awareness to the people. After several inventions & discoveries, most of the people are aware of changes taking place around them. And from that time every person is getting educated to attain knowledge regarding various sciences in and around him. In this article, you can read complete details about BSc Physics Course and its requirements info.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Branches of Science:
Content In This Article
- 1 Branches of Science:
- 2 About Physics:
- 3 Branches of Physics:
- 4 B.Sc. Physics:
- 5 Subjects:
- 6 Eligibility Criteria:
- 7 Duration of the Course:
- 8 Combination with this course:
- 9 Top colleges for BSc Physics course:
- 10 Advanced Courses:
- 11 Career after BSc Physics Course:
- 12 Salary packages:
- 13 Top companies that provide placements:
Science deals with various branches in our society. They are:
- Physical Sciences – Deals with physics, chemistry, and astronomy.
- Earth Sciences – Deals with Geology, Paleontology, Oceanography & Mereorology.
- Life Sciences – Deals with botany, zoology, medicine, and genetics.
Being a part of physical sciences, physics is defined as “The science dealing with various experiments, measurements and mathematical analysis for the purpose to study the behavior of an object with its related concepts such as energy and force”.
Branches of Physics:
Branches that deal with physics are as follows:
- Classical mechanics.
- Thermodynamics and statistical mechanics.
- Electromagnetism and electronics.
- Quantum mechanics.
- Optics, and atomic, molecular, and optical physics.
- Condensed matter physics.
- High energy/particle physics and nuclear physics etc.
There are various courses introduced for sciences with various combinations. Among them B.Sc. Physics is the one. Let’s see what the subjects in this course are.
Subjects of this course are for three years are:
- Classical Mechanics & Theory of relativity
- Electricity Magnetism & Electromagnetic Theory
- Properties of Matter & Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Semiconductor Devices
- Computer Programming & Thermodynamics
- Wave and Optics 1
- Statistical Physics
- Wave and Optics 2
- Quantum and Laser Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State and Nano Physics
- Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy
- Physics Lab
The eligibility criteria for this course is 10+2 with subjects Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English.
Duration of the Course:
The duration of this undergraduate course is completely 3 years.
Fee allotted for the course:
The average fee for this course is around Rs.30,000/- and may vary according to the universities.
Combination with this course:
Some of the combination courses with B.Sc. Physics are:
- B.Sc. Physics with Mathematics
- B.Sc. Physics with Chemistry
- B.Sc. Physics with Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Physics with Economics
- B.Sc. Physics with Mathematical Finance etc.
Top colleges for BSc Physics course:
Following are the list of top colleges for BSc Physics Course
- Stephen’s College, NewDelhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Dera Natung Government College, Itanagar
- Lady Kaene College, Shillong
- St, Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Anugrah Narayan College, Patna etc.
- M.Sc Astrophysics
- M.Sc Electronics
- M.Sc Geophysics
- M.Sc Medical Physics
- M.Sc Nuclear physics
- M.Sc Physics
- M.Sc Physics
Career after BSc Physics Course:
The jobs related to this course may be ass follows
- Lecturer for Physics
- Technical Assistants in MNC Company
- Technical Advisors
- Air Hostess
- Team developers
- Automobile Engineers etc
Usually the salary package depends upon the nature of job and demand of the job in any firm or organization. Basic salary for jobs relating to this course may start from Rs.20,000/-.
Top companies that provide placements:
Top company placements for this course are:
- Wipro Technologies
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Hindustan Computer Limited (HCL)
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) etc.
Also Check List of UG Course Details