Architecture is one of the lucrative career choice. Architecture refers to the activity of designing and constructing number of buildings and other physical structures. Bachelor of Architecture is designed to develop the professional working skills of the architecture candidates. Are you looking for information about Bachelor of Architecture course details, eligibility, duration, important subjects, job profiles, salary details and employment areas and career scope etc. details, then read this article.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Role of Architects
Content In This Article
Architects are the major creators of amazing buildings and physical structures which are exist in our surroundings. These professionals reduce the buildings cost. They create design for new construction projects and use their special construction knowledge and good drawing skills to design the buildings.
The professionals of architecture prepares information regarding design, materials, colors, equipment costs, structure specifications, estimated costs and construction time etc.
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Team Spirit
- Immense Physical Stamina
- Good Communication skills
- Excellent Memory
- Observant Attitude
- Innovative Designing Skills
Bachelor of Architecture Course Details
B.Arch. or Bachelor of Architecture is an undergraduate course. This program mainly focuses on subjects from the fields of engineering, arts and technology to the professional practice of architecture. This course is treated as a professional bachelor degree program.
This bachelor course will provides the advance training in building science, and in application of computer techniques in architectural design simulation and in presentation graphics and construction technology etc.
Duration of the course
Bachelor of Architecture is a five years duration academic course, and divided into ten semesters. The duration of Bachelor of Architecture Course is includes both theory and studio exercises.
In this bachelor course during the duration of the course, the students have to complete their internship with one architect or with some professional architects.
- The candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board in Science stream with 50% aggregate marks are eligible to pursue this Bachelor of Architecture Course.
- 10th with three years Diploma course in any stream can also pursue this course.
- To get the admission for this course, the candidates should score minimum marks in National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) examination, which will be conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- Theory of Structures
- History of Architecture
- Building Construction
- Computer and Software Lab
- Architectural Appreciation
- Architecture Design
- Design Applications
- Building Science and Services
- General Proficiency
- Building Management
- Workshop Practice
- Architectural Drawing
- Thesis Project
Top B.Arch. Course Offering Colleges in India
You can see the top Bachelor of Architecture colleges which are located in India listed below.
- School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Jadavpur University, Calcutta
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Rizvi College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Manipal University, Manipal
- Vastu Kala Academy, New Delhi
- Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore
- GITAM School of Architecture, Visakhapatnam
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
Also See: Architecture Engineering Course Details
The Architecture candidates will get lot of opportunities in architect firms, universities, consultancy companies etc. These architects can work both in government sector and private sector. Many government organizations such as National Building Organization, Ministry of Defense, Archeological Department, Departments of Railways, Housing and Urban Development Corporation, Public Works Department etc, hire the talented architects. Other private sector organizations also hire the architects.
After completing the graduation, the candidates work as a lecturer in various educational institutions. And work under the supervision of highly experienced architect and work in different construction companies.
The common job profiles of Architects are given below.
- Architecture Designer
- Art Director
- Building Contractor
- Technical Assistant
- Staff Consultant
- Architecture Draftsman
- Retail Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
- Architecture Designer
- Project Assistant Manager
- Architectures and Interiors Manager
Top Recruitment Companies in India
- Architect Consultants
- Sahara Group
- L& T
- Edifice Architects Pvt. Ltd
- Chitra Vishwanth Architects
The fresh architect can earn approximately Rs.4 lakhs to Rs. 5 Lakhs per annum. The salary will increase depending upon the profile and working experience of the candidate.
A well-established architect can get around Rs. 8 Lakhs to Rs. 10lakhs per annum.