Who is Nursery Teacher?: Nursery Teachers are also called as pre-primary school teachers who are specialized in dealing with the children of age between 3-5 years. These teachers deal with the children in developing their knowledge, abilities and skills and help them to get prepared for primary school education or schooling. They provide a safe and stimulating environment for the easy learning. They organize and supervise work or play activities for children like reading, writing, music and dancing etc. They maintain relations with parents or their care-takers and health visitors, maintains records, monitors and records progress. To know more information about Nursery Teachers Training read out our complete article.
What is Nursery Teacher Training (NTT)?
Content In This Article
The training given to the teachers for dealing with children under nursery or pre-primary is called Nursery Teacher Training (NTT) which is also called as Diploma in Nursery Teachers Training. Under this course, the candidates possess training for the process of dealing with children under the age of 3 to 5 years. Under this training, they mainly deal the subject of Psychology which helps the teachers to handle the children of different mentalities and make them habituated to the school environment by conducting various interesting work or play activities.
Nursery Teachers Training consists of the following details:
The duration of this diploma course is obviously one year.
The eligibility criteria to pursue this course is 10+2 under any stream with aggregate of 55%.
Let’s look down for the subjects under Nursery Teachers Training.
Syllabus of Diploma Nursery Teacher’s Training consists of following subjects:
- Methods & Material of Pre-Primary Education
- Basics of Pre-Primary Education
- Child care, Health and Nutrition
- Nursery School Organization
- Teaching Methodology
- Child Psychology
- Art & Craft
Now, let’s make a look for colleges offering Nursery Teachers Training.
Nursery Teachers Training Colleges
There are various government and private colleges hiring Nursery Teachers Training in India. Let’s view some of them.
- Integrated Institute of Education Technology, Andhra Pradesh
- Delhi Institute of Early Childhood Care & Education, New Delhi
- Lady Vailankanni Institute of Education Center, Karnataka
- RVS Teacher Training Institute, Tamilnadu
- IKON Teachers Training Institute, Kolkata
- Patiala College of Education, Punjab
- Jaipur National University, Jaipur etc.
NTT Job Types
Jobs under NTT includes the following:
- Assistant Pre-Primary Teacher
- Nursery / Pre-Primary Teacher
- Nursery Teacher Trainer (NTT)
- Nursery In-charge
- Nursery Helper
Also See: Types of Teaching Jobs