Agricultural Engineering includes the concepts and techniques of Agriculture field and modern technology. The agriculture engineering is one of the demanding field over the world. Are you eager to know more information about Agricultural Engineering Course like duration, eligibility, syllabus, scope, colleges, career options and jobs and etc, then read this article.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
What is Agricultural Engineering?
- 1 What is Agricultural Engineering?
- 2 Scope of Agricultural Engineering
- 3 Agricultural Engineering Course Details
- 4 Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
- 5 Duration
- 6 Eligibility Criteria
- 7 Important Subjects
- 8 B.E/B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
- 9 Duration
- 10 Eligibility Criteria
- 11 Important Subjects
- 12 M.E/M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
- 13 Duration
- 14 Eligibility Criteria
- 15 Important Subjects
- 16 Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Engineering
- 17 Top Agricultural Engineering Colleges in India
- 18 Career Options
Agricultural engineering is the branch of engineering which deals with design, construction, development of machinery and equipment which helpful to the forming process. It deals with the science and technology which helps for producing food grains. This engineering is a combination of various discipline like environment science, animal and plant sciences, core engineering branches, geology and modern agricultural technology.
The agricultural engineering professionals or agricultural work to solve agricultural problems related to power supplies, the use of structures and facilities, the efficiency of machinery, the storage and processing of agricultural products and pollution & environmental issues etc.
View some duties of Agricultural engineering professionals below.
- The agricultural engineers use computer software to design equipment, systems or structures.
- They modify the environmental factors which may affect the animal or crop production.
- Agricultural engineers will suggest about water quality and problems related to managing pollutions, controlling the various rivers and protecting other using water resources.
- This agricultural engineers may work for long hours to take advantages of good weather.
- Examine the equipment and machinery to prove that they perform properly.
Scope of Agricultural Engineering
Agricultural engineering is good and promising career option which offers bright job prospects in India and in any country of the world. The agricultural engineering professionals can get number of career opportunities in various sectors. These engineers are trained on the other field such as civil and mechanical field etc. Some working professionals can work in various fields such as power systems and machinery design, food and bioprocess engineering and both structural and environmental engineering.
Agricultural Engineering Course Details
Diploma in Agricultural Engineering
This course is diploma level agriculture engineering course. This program deals with the agricultural science and various forms of technology such as machinery, chemicals and seeds etc which helps us improve agricultural productivity.
Diploma in Agricultural Engineering Course is three years academic course and divided into six semesters.
One should complete their 10th standard from a recognized board with 50% aggregate marks.
- Introduction to Agriculture
- Economic Botany
- Principles of Horticulture
- Basics of Agricultural Engineering
- Pests and Pest Control
- Crop Physiology
- Water Management
- Farming Systems and Farm Management
- Green House Technology
- Seed Production Technology
B.E/B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology is bachelor degree program in Agricultural engineering. This bachelor program will helps the students to gain knowledge about study of agricultural science and its technological processes.
The duration of this course is four years and divided into eight semesters.
Anyone who have completed their 10+2 examination with minimum marks in science stream can apply for this Agricultural Engineering Course.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Computer Programing and Utilization
- Agriculture Business and Marketing
- Engineering Graphics
- Electrical Machines
- Biological Materials
- Food Processing and Quality
- Agriculture Machinery
- Irrigation Engineering
- Water Resources and Water Pumps
- Information Technology Basis
M.E/M.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
Master of Engineering and Master of Technology in Agricultural Engineering are master courses of Agricultural engineering. After completing the bachelor courses of agricultural engineering the students can pursue Master courses. The candidates who are interested in the field of Agriculture, food processing and Agricultural machinery may pursue this Agricultural Engineering Course.
The duration of Master courses of Agricultural engineering is two years.
To pursue this course one should complete their bachelor degree program in Agricultural engineering.
- Agricultural Machinery Engineering
- Power Engineering
- Computer Graphics and CAD
- Food Processing and Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Storage of Food Products
- Soil and Water Engineering
- Earth Moving Machinery
- Irrigation System Design
- Renewable Energy Sources and Engineering
- Bio Gas Technology
- Energy Management
Doctor of Philosophy in Agricultural Engineering
Ph.D. in Agricultural engineering can pursue after completion of master courses. This course offers advanced studies related to plants, animals and farming in preparation for experts of agricultural engineering.
Top Agricultural Engineering Colleges in India
- Agricultural Engineering College and Research Institute, Tiruchirapalli
- Vision Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Mahamaya Technical University, Noida
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Triguna Sen School of Technology, Cachar
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- MJRP College of Engineering and Technology, Srinagar
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- RR Institute of Modern Technology, Lucknow
The agricultural engineering candidates can work both in Government and private sectors. The offers available for them in Government sector areas such as Food Departments, Diary Boards, Research departments and government colleges etc. When it comes to private sector areas like Research and development centers, fertilizer firms, manufacturing firms, food products processing firms, private colleges, energy sector firms and agricultural machinery manufacturing firms etc.
Some of the common job roles done by Agricultural Engineering professionals are as follows.
- Research Engineers
- Agricultural and Food Science Technician/Scientist
- Environmental Engineers
- Industrial Engineers
- Conservation Scientists
- Farm Manager
- Plant Physiologist
- Soil Scientist
- Food Supervisor
Most Popular and Related Articles