TANCET Exam Details: The full form of TANCET is Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It one of the famous Entrance Examination conducted by the Anna University Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu. TN Common Entrance Test is conducted for admission various MBA and PGDM courses in the state of Tamil Nadu. Candidates who seek admission to MBA, MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan Degree programmes in Tamil Nadu can apply for this TANCET Exam before the due date. You can choose two options to initiate the TANCET Application Form process i.e. Offline or Online mode. Tancet exam date and remaining details listed below in detailed. Interested candidates can check the TANCET MBA Eligibility Criteria before the registration process. TANCET Fee structure is as follows.
About TANCET MBA:
TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test. It is a state level entrance examination. Every year Anna University conducted the TANCET for admissions into Master of Engineering (ME), Master of Planning (M.Plan), Master of Technology (M.tech), Master of Architecture (M.Arch), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Degree programmes. Eligible students will be able to take Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test Admission into various courses at private and public colleges or universities in the state of Tamil Nadu. The TANCET Application Form is available at www.annauniv.edu.
TANCET MBA Eligibility Criteria
The candidates before applying for the TANCET Exam must ensure that the following eligibility criterion
The candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration passed with an aggregate score of 50% (in case of SC/ST candidates is 45%).
|Diploma Courses||Courses After 12th||After Graduation|
If you want more information read the comments given by other users and ask your doubts in the comments section after reading this post completely.
Candidates who obtained B.E./B.Tech degree through distance mode cannot apply for the test.
Candidates appearing for their final year exams can also apply for TANCET MBA.
Qualifications as required
10+2+3 year’s pattern (or) 10+3 years Diploma +3 years’ pattern (or) B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm
TANCET Exam Details of Fee structure
To apply for this test, the candidates are required to pay an application fee of Rs. 500 for general category and Rs. 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates to complete the application process. This fee can be paid in online mode only through Debit/Credit card or via Net Banking.
Payable at the time of admission
- The amount of Rs.18,650/- for candidates whose Bachelor Degree is from a University in Tamil Nadu
- The amount of Rs.19,050/- for candidates whose Bachelor is from a University outside Tamil Nadu
- The above fee includes the refundable caution deposit of Rs. 5,000/-.
TANCET MBA Exam Pattern:
- The duration of test is 2 hours.
- The question paper consists of 100 questions.
- The Multiple Objective type questions in the exam containing the 4 options, out of the 4 options only one will be correct.
- For every correct answer marked by the candidate, 1 mark will be awarded.
- 1/3rd marks will be deducted for every wrong answer marked by the candidates and also Multiple shading will also be considered as wrong answer and 1/3 mark will be reduced in that case.
- The exam will be conducted in the English language only
- TANCET MBA Exam is basically held to test the knowledge in written English, skill on solving mathematical problems, determining data sufficiency for answering etc.
|S. No||Topics Covered||Time Duration|
|1.||Quantitative Aptitude||2 hrs|
|No of Question||100|
|Right answer||1 mark|
The TANCET Syllabus is divided four major sections Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation & Verbal Ability. Below we provided the topic wise TANCET MBA Entrance Test syllabus pdf for candidate’s preparation purpose.
Refer the below link for TANCET Syllabus
The TANCET MBA Entrance Test was held at the following cities
Below is the list of some Universities which will be giving MBA admission on the basis of TANCET MBA score.
- Anna University
- SRM University, Chennai
- Satyabama University, Chennai
- Kamarajar University
- Annamalai University
- Madras University
TANCET MBA Colleges
- PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore
- Galaxy Institute of Management, Chennai
- Thiagarajar School of Management, Thirupparankundram
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Joseph College of Engineering, Kancheepuram
- Nehru College of Management (NCM Coimbatore)
- Velammal Engineering College, Chennai
- Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Chennai
- Sona School of Management, Salem
- Kongu Engineering College, Erode
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam
- MEPCO Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textile Management, Coimbatore
- Erode Builder Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions, Kangayam
- Sri Sairam Engg. College, Chennai
- Vel Tech High Tech Dr. Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai
- Sri Krishna Institute of Management Centre for Excellence in Management Education, Coimbatore
- PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul
- Coimbatore Institute of Management and Technology, Coimbatore
- Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women University, Coimbatore
- MOP Vaishnav College for Women, Chennai
- SSN School of Management and Computer Application, Kalavakkam
- KCT Business School (KCTBS)
- Francis Xavier Engineering College (FXEC)
- Easwari Engineering College (EEC, Chennai)
- JJ College of Engineering and Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- GRG School of Management Studies, Coimbatore
- Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Engineering College, Salem
- Guruvayurappan Institute of Management, Navakkarai
- KS Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode
- RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul
- KV Institute of Management and Information Studies, Coimbatore
Sardar Patel Road
Tamil Nadu 600025
Ph No: 044-22358314
- 1 About TANCET MBA:
- 1.1 TANCET MBA Eligibility Criteria
- 1.2 TANCET Exam Details of Fee structure
- 1.3 TANCET MBA Exam Pattern:
- 1.4 TANCET Syllabus