MAT Exam Details: Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is entrance test for admissions into MBA programs in various top B – schools and other institutes across the India. MAT Exam conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association). MAT Colleges that utilize Management Aptitude Test score for admission are Alliance Business School, Institute of Business Management & Technology, Apex Institute of Management, Jaipuria Institute of Management Lucknow and many more. Interested candidates can check the MAT Eligibility Criteria before the registration process. The MAT Registration link will access at www.aima.in. MAT Exam Dates and application due dates are clearly given on its official notification. Here for your convenience we provide the MAT Exam Syllabus, Test Pattern, Previous year question papers etc for preparation purpose. All students need to collect the Management Aptitude Test details from here.
About MAT Exam
The full form of MAT is Management Aptitude Test. MAT is a national level entrance examination conducting for admission to MBA and allied programmes. It is held 4 times (in February, May, September & December) a year for admission into top management colleges of India. Every year this test is conducted by All India Management Association (AIMa). Government of India, Ministry of HRD approved MAT as a national level test in the year 2003. Any B-School national or international can consider MAT Score. MAT will continue to be your passport to over 600 B-Schools across India.
Mode of Test
Candidate can choose any one of the two options to take the test:
- Paper Based Test
- Computer Based Test (CBT)
Test centers for Paper-Based Test and Computer Based Test are different.
|Diploma Courses||Courses After 12th||After Graduation|
If you want more information read the comments given by other users and ask your doubts in the comments section after reading this post completely.
- The Paper-Based Test will take place only on one day whereas the Computer Based Test will take place in different time slots.
- If the number of candidates registered for Computer Based Test is limited and it can be accommodated in a single day
MAT Eligibility Criteria
- Graduates (10+3) in any stream (arts / science / engineering / commerce/ architecture) from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- Final year students of Graduate Courses can also apply MAT Entrance Exam.
Also Read: M.B.A Course Details
AIMA MAT Exam Details of Fees
- The AIMA MAT Examination Fee is Rs. 1200/-.
- The registration fee will be paid through various modes.
- One way of paying the registration fee is registering online by making Fee payment of through Net banking by using credit card/Debit card (ATM Card).
- The other way to pay the application fee is obtaining a crossed Demand Draft (DD) in the favor of “All India Management Association (AIMA)” that is payable at Delhi from any Bank.
Interested candidates filled-in forms or printout of online registration if required to be sent at AIMA will be received within 5 days and the Form Numbers of such received forms will be available on website link i.e. www.aima.in. However, form printout received later than the due date is liable to be rejected without any intimation.
All India Management Association (AIMA),
14 Institutional Area,
New Delhi 110003.
Phone: 011-24617354 (4 lines), 24617355, 24618107 and 24618127).
MAT Exam Pattern
- The MAT Exam Pattern consists of 5 different sections i.e. Language Comprehension, Mathematical skills, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and Indian and Global Environment
- These 5 sections will contain the 40 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) from each section and there will be total 200 questions in the exam.
- The Total duration of the test will be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The wrong answers will be given Negative Marks.
- Each correct answer will provide the 1 mark and each incorrect answer will deduct the 0.25 marks
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Time Suggested|
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40||35|
|General Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|Indian and Global Environment respectively||40||15|
MAT Exam Syllabus
MAT Exam Syllabus available now for Examination in detailed manner here. Download MAT syllabus pdf to start preparation now. Complete details of topics and the marks allotted for specific subject prescribed clearly in MAT Exam Pattern. Link to Download Management Aptitude Test previous papers are available at www.aima.in as well as our web portal.
Please click on below link for download MAT Syllabus
Below link represents the complete and updated list of top MAT Colleges in India. And following are the list of Colleges accepting MAT Score for MBA Admissions.
Refer List of top MAT Colleges in India