ABOUT THE BOOK: The Big Friendly Giant Book was written by Roald Dahl and illustrated by Quentin Blake.
The BFG Book was published on 1982 in English at the United Kingdom.
It was published by Jonathan Cape and it was translated into Spanish in 1984, German in 1984, Italian in 1987, French in 1988, Afrikaans in 1993, and Welsh in 2003.
It won the awards like Red house children’s book award in 1983, based on the online poll in 200 the United States National Education Association listed the BFG among the Teachers ‘Top100 Books for Children’, and in 2003 it was ranked at 56th position in the Big read. More details regarding The BFG Book by Roald Dahl Summary & Review Please read the below article completely.
The BFG Book by Roald Dahl Details
Content In This Article
Name of the Book: The Big Friendly Giant Book
Publish Date: 1982
Author: Roald Dahl
Published by: Jonathan Cape
ISBN: ISBN 0-224-02040-4
ABOUT THE AUTHOR ROALD DAHL
Roald Dahl was born on 13th September 1916, Llandaff, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom. He died on 23rd November 1916 (aged 74), oxford, England, United Kingdom. Quentin Blake is Children’s Laureate of Great Britain. He has won the Kate Greenaway Medal and is the author / illustrator of many books.
Dahl was married to Patricia Neal on 1953 and they got diverse on 1983 and later he was married to Felicity Ann d. Abreu Crosland on 1983. Olivia Dahl, Tessa Dahl, Theo Dahl, Ophelia Dahl, and Lucy Dahl were the children of Dahl.
From August to November 1939 Dahl served in British Army and from November 1939 to August 1946 he was on Royal Air Force as a Squadron Leader. He battled in World War II. He also won the world fantasy award in 1983 and the British book awards in 1990. He got the 16th place of the list for “The 50 Greatest British Writers Since 1945” in 2008.
These were some other famous books by the Roald Dahl has given below:
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. – 1964
- The Witches. – 1983
- The Twits. – 1980
- James and the Giant Peach. – 1961
The BFG Book Summery / Contents
BFG means that Big Friendly Giant and is a 208 pages book with ISBN 0-224-02040-4. This Novel is for children, the main character Sophie who is an un-slept girl in that night and saw the giant man with a trumpet. He was blowing something through the window and was suddenly observed, Sophie. He took her to his hometown, where the giants live together.
There he becomes a friend to Sophie and tell about their giant’s and teach her he differed from them, one day he took her to a place called Dream country to collect the dreams. Since she believed the dreams so she learns how to catch them and they went to his secret room where all the collected dreams are stored.
After that, he showed her how the dreams can be blow towards the children. They both are enjoying by watching the different dreams in meanwhile they saw that a big giant was trying to kill the children at the time she shouted loudly and escaped from there immediately.
After some conversations, with the help of the BFG, Queen of England, Army, and Airforce they got a win from man-eating giants and BFG got a house near to Sophie’s house and they received many gifts from the people of England.
Some main characters in the story
- Sophie – The major character of the story.
- The BFG – A 24-foot-tall individual giant who has superhuman hearing abilities and immense speed.
- The Queen of England – The English monarch.
- Mary – The Queen’s maid.
- Tibbs – The Queen’s butler.
- The Heads of the Army and the Airforce – Two bombastic officers answering to the Queen.
- Nine man-eating giants – Each one is about 50-foot-tall and proportionately broad and powerful.
- The Fleshlumpeater – The de facto leader of the nine man-eating giants and the most horrible of the bunch.
- The Bloodbottler – Second in command to the Fleshlumpeater.
- The Manhugger – One of the nine man-eating giants.
- The Meatdripper – One of the nine man-eating giants.
- The Childchewer – One of the nine man-eating giants.
- The Butcher Boy – One of the nine man-eating giants.
- The Maidmasher – One of the nine man-eating giants.
- The Bonecruncher – One of the nine man-eating giants.
- The Gizzardgulper – One of the nine man-eating giants.