This is the article Technical Writing Course which provides the complete Course Information about Eligibility, Duration, Fee Structure, Syllabus, Skills, List of Courses, Subjects, Career prospectus, Jobs and Salary etc. Read the complete article to get all the details.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Technical Writing:
Content In This Article
Technical Writing can be defined as a type of writing where the author is writing about a particular subject that requires direction, instruction, or explanation as per wiki. This type of writing has a very different purpose and different characteristics than other writing styles such as creative writing, academic writing or business writing. There are many Courses in Technical writing. They are explained in this article, go through it.
List of Technical Writing Course:
There are different Types of Courses in Technical Writing. They are:
- Diploma Courses
- Post Graduate Courses
- Other Short Courses
- Courses Online
Let us know about each of them.
Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing:
This is shortly termed as PGDTW. Bachelor degree holders or Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University are Eligible to do this Course. The Duration of the Course is 1 year.
Fee: The fee for the Course will be around 23k.
Syllabus: There are 2 semesters in the Course. The Subjects that are covered are:
- Introduction to Technical Communication
- Information Development Life Cycle-I
- Information Development Life Cycle-II
- Technical Writing style and editing
- English Grammar
- Technical Communication Software Tools
- Advanced Concepts in Technical Communication
- Technical Communication Project Management
- Principles and Practices of Management
Mastering Technical Writing Tools:
The Eligibility for this is Courses is any Graduate and the Duration is 1 week. This is Inline Course. The Tools which were taught are:
- Advanced Ms Word
- Frame Maker
- Ms Visio
- Photoshop Basics
Here are some other Courses and Certifications.
- Certificate Course in Technical Writing
- Crash Course in Technical Writing
- Graphics for Technical Writers
- Course in Instructional Designing
- Corporate Training – Technical Writing
- Full Time Certificate Course in Technical Writing
All these Courses are offered as Courses Online.
Free online Courses:
Some websites provide Free Online Courses. Here we have listed the Free Online Courses. Have a look.
- Basics of Technical Writing
- Advanced Technical Writings
- Technical Correspondence
- Intro to Tech Communication
- Advanced Workshop in Writing for Science and Engineering (ELS
- Professional and Technical Editing etc
There are some specialized Courses offered. They are listed here:
- Creative Writing
- Technical Writing
- Advanced writing
- Resume making etc
Technical Writing Course Syllabus:
Here is the syllabus of basic Technical Writing Course
- Lesson 1 – Technical Communication: Definition & Purpose
- Lesson 2 – Characteristics of Technical Communication
- Lesson 3 – Audience-Centered Communication: Description & Effectiveness
- Lesson 4 – Rhetorical Awareness in Technical Communication
- Lesson 5 – Legal and Ethical Communication: Description & Importance
- Lesson 6 – Implicit and Explicit Rules of Communication: Definitions & Examples
- Lesson 7 – Types of Technical Documents
- Lesson 8 – Establishing Goals in Technical Writing
- Lesson 9 – The Technical Writing Process: Prewriting, Writing & Rewriting
The career will be good with many Job opportunities and high paid Jobs. The nature of Duties are:
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Organize and write supporting documents for products
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions
Also Refer Creative Writing Course Details
Stay connected with us for more and more updates related to entrance exams, courses, events, etc. Book Mark our site www.aiming.in by pressing ctrl+d.