About Music Course: Career in music has become very popular among the young generation. Music is an art form. Generally, we are emotional beings. Music may be your vehicle of expression. Music participation provides a unique opportunity for literacy preparation. Many institutes offers various courses in music. Students can learn about melodic system, harmonies, meters and rhythmic techniques with the goal of attaining basic competence in the performance and creation of music. It is one of the good career option for the students those who want to prove themselves in music industry. Below we have listed completed details about Music Courses and its scope.
Introduction to Music Courses
Content In This Article
- 1 Introduction to Music Courses
- 2 Scope of Music Career in India
- 3 List of Music Courses Details
- 4 Bachelor of Arts in Music & Bachelor of Arts Honors in Music:
- 5 Master of Arts in Music:
- 6 Online Music Theory Courses:
- 7 Online Music Courses with Certificate:
- 8 Top Music Colleges in India:
- 9 Job Roles Related to Music Course:
- 10 Employment Areas:
- 11 Salary Package:
- 12 Advance Music Courses:
Music education is the field of study that deals with teaching and learning of music. There are number of music classes and courses available for the students in this fast generation. Music courses are intended for the students with no background in music who would like to develop a theoretical and practical understanding of how music works. The music classes introduces to students the basics of western music through oral, aural and written practice utilizing rhythm, intervals, chords, melody, scales etc. There is a wide variety forms of music like classical, folk, pop etc.
Scope of Music Career in India
Music field is one of the fast growing fields in these days. A person considering a career in music should have a genuine love for but once you are established there is scope for making money in this field. There are a lot of opportunities in the music industry in India and you most certainly can add more value to it by being a part of it. Talent, genuine interest, willingness and sincerity to work hard leads to guarantee success in this music field.
One can start a career as a performing artist. The students of music field can get good opportunities such as Various TV shows, talent shows and one can perform solo in music videos etc. Some students teach in music schools and colleges as music teachers. Film and TV and Radio industry also offer huge employment opportunity for talented musicians. Although fame and money in this field depend on a lot of luck. And there are some other factors that may affect your career.
List of Music Courses Details
Want to do Music Course in India? So fine, here you can find the list of top and best UG, PG Music Courses, Certification Courses, Diploma Courses in India. We provide a complete list for your ease.
Bachelor of Arts in Music & Bachelor of Arts Honors in Music:
These bachelor courses are an undergraduate level music courses. This course involves the study of music theory, history of music, composing, music interpretation, voice instruction etc. This course provides a number of career opportunities to the music students with strong musical skills.
The duration of this course is three years.
- The minimum eligibility is qualifying 10+2 examination with music as an elective subject or any other stream can apply.
- Students without music subject can also apply for the course after admission is confirmed by conducting auditions/ interviews.
Master of Arts in Music:
Master of Arts in Music is a post graduate level music course. In this course, students have two options either vocal or instrument courses. The specializations of instruments are such as guitar, tabla, sitar, veena, violin etc.
The duration of the Music Course is two years.
- The students should qualify for the bachelor degree in its related course.
- Some of the reputed colleges may conduct the entrance examination for the candidate’s admission.
- The admission is based on the candidate’s merit score in the final examination.
Also Read: DJ Course Details
Online Music Theory Courses:
Music theory is one of the top online music classes. Concepts covered under this are interval, major and minor scales and keys, triads and beginning harmonic analysis. Let’s see some of the music theory courses listed below.
- Music Theory for Songwriters- Rhythm
- Acoustic Guitar Lessons- Intermediate
- Learning Music Nation
- Beginning Blues Key broad
- Songwriting Techniques with Chords
- Music Theory 201: Harmony and Function
- Music Theory and Composition 1
- History of Film Music
- Music Theory 301: Advanced Melody, Harmony and Rhythm
- Music Foundation
Online Music Courses with Certificate:
- Advanced Music Production
- General Music Studies
- Guitar skills
- Electronic Music Production and Sound Design
- Composing and Orchestrating for Film and TV
- Creative Writing for Musicians
- Music Business and Technology
- Vocal Styles
- Writing and Producing Music
- Sing- Song Writing
- Lyric Writing
- Keyboard Skills
Top Music Colleges in India:
Are you looking for top music colleges in India, then see the following list of Music Course Colleges.
- Lovely Professional University, New Delhi
- Amity University, Noida
- Joseph’s College, Bangalore
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Thilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune
- Rabindra Bharathi University, Calcutta
- University of Madras, Chennai
- Sound Ideaz Academy, Mumbai
Job Roles Related to Music Course:
- Singer/ Performer
- Band Leader
- Film Music Director
- Music Teacher
- Recording Technician
- Studio Musician
- Music Critic
- Advertising Specialist
- Recording Technician
- Music Therapist
- Music Publisher
As a musician, you can get number of opportunities in various places. Here we were given some of the employment areas of music students.
- Music and Video stores
- Colleges and Universities
- Entertainment Companies
- Performing Art Centers
- Music and Film Studios
- Education Departments
- Music Companies
- Orchestras and Bands
- Music Industry Associations
- Department of Cultural Affairs
The salary of a musician will depend on their level of experience, the type of session and their location. Innovations in technology is another thing that salary package of musicians is based on.
Advance Music Courses:
- Master of Philosophy in Music
- Doctor of Philosophy in Music
For more updates please stay connects with us. To bookmark our site @ www.aiming.in press ctrl+d. And Thank you for visiting our site.