General knowledge Questions: General knowledge is very much important for all those candidates who are preparing for competitive exams like IAS, UPSC, IBPS, Railway and bank jobs. Candidates should have minimum basic general knowledge along with knowledge of current affairs to be successful in the exam. So, candidates can start their preparation with our collection of GK questions.
General Knowledge Questions and Answers for Competitive Exams
Here the basic general knowledge questions are listed below
|Latest Deals Around The Web|
|Earn Money By Installing Google Tez APP||Amazon Offers|
- Who started Shudhi Movement?
Answer: Dayananda Saraswathy
Also find founders of some other movements.
2. Which Pakistan President signed the Tashkent Agreement?
Answer: Ayyub Khan
3. Which Substance is known as Philosopher’s wool?
Answer: Zinc Oxide
4. Which Vitamin helps in the absorption of Calcium?
Answer: Vitamin D
5. Who is the author of the book Harmonies of World ?
6. Where is the Headquarters of WHO?
- Which is the shortest River in the world?
- Who discovered Microphone ?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
- Erg is the unit of?
- When was table tennis introduced to Olympics?
- Which bank has highest number of branches?
Answer: State Bank of India (SBI)
- What is the title of A.P.J. Abdul kalam autobiography?
Answer: Wings of fire
- Sachin scored his 100th century against which country?
- Which polymer is used for making bullet proof material?
- The grand trunk road connects which cities?
Answer: Kolkata and Amritsar.
These are most few of the frequently asked questions. But there is infinite number of General Knowledge Questions for competitive exams.
Categories of General Knowledge Questions:
- Basic General Knowledge
- Indian Politics
- World geography
- General science
- Awards and honors
- Famous personalities
- Indian culture
- Indian Economy
- Important dates
- Famous places
We also provide the list of general knowledge books which help in the preparation of competitive exams.
Few Tips for Success:
We suggest Candidates to refer the above mentioned general knowledge questions and also follow the links for the complete questions for best results. It is important to practice more questions. Take number of free online mock tests which will help to know your standard and weak areas. These Tests will also help for proper time management. Habit of reading daily newspaper will help a lot for current affairs.