The nature of Journalism is interesting, the journalism industry is competitive and fast growing. Criticism is particularly hard to take when it is aimed at an honest and unbiased piece of journalism. Some have described this journalism as an inherently arrogant profession. Journalism is an important component of the democratic society. See the complete details of Diploma in Journalism Course in this article.
Introduction to Journalism
Content In This Article
- 1 Introduction to Journalism
- 2 Importance of Journalism
- 3 Diploma in Journalism Course Details
- 4 Course Duration:
- 5 Eligibility for Diploma in Journalism Course:
- 6 Syllabus:
- 7 Theory Subjects:
- 8 Important Subjects:
- 9 Free Online Diploma Courses in Journalism:
- 10 Advanced Diploma courses in Journalism:
- 11 Admission Process:
- 12 Fee Structure:
- 13 Top Journalism Colleges in India:
- 14 Job Types of Journalism Courses:
Journalism is the activity or profession of writing for newspapers, magazines, or news websites or preparing news to be broadcast. It is defined as the process of production and distribution of reports on the interactions of events, facts etc. Journalism involves the activity of gathering, creating and presenting news and information. It is one form of the communication but it is different from other forms. It is a unique and one-way message or story passing from journalist to the audience. Those who are working as journalists are forced to place their careers at risk every day.
Importance of Journalism
The importance of serious journalism should never understand and neither should the sacrifices that the journalists make in the quest to report real news in real time to their audience. Today the journalists are working in all mediums like digital, print etc. That expansion of access has only increased their importance across the world. The one of the important function of journalism is to convey information to the people in the society. Information is the most important element of the democratic decision-making system and it makes that the made decisions go along with people’s sense of justice.
Journalism is the changing fact it can change the opinions of the people. The news is the part of communication that keeps us informed of changing events issues and characters in the world outside. The purpose of the journalism is to provide the information to the people that they need to make the best possible decisions about their lives, communities, and societies. Some of the best things about journalists.
- Journalists are versatile and Adaptable.
- They work in an incredibly competitive industry.
- The journalist’s career path is always at risk stage.
- The professional journalists are highly skilled and qualified writers.
- When you consider the journalists have to face such criticism on a daily basis, they are constantly required to remain calm and professional in response.
Diploma in Journalism Course Details
Diploma in Journalism is a diploma level program of Journalism. This course provides a foundation in the subject area for those want to starts a career in journalism. This course is career offering in nature. And it is suitable for those kinds of people who want to pursue an undergraduate course in the field of journalism.
The duration of the diploma in Journalism course is one year.
Eligibility for Diploma in Journalism Course:
10+2 from any stream or its equivalent exam from a recognized college/university.
Here we are providing you some of the important subjects of Diploma in Journalism course.
- Communication Theories
- Contemporary Communication Studies
- Film Studies
- Cultural Education
- Introduction to Integrated Marketing Communication
- Elements of Photography
- Indian Constitution, Media Laws and Ethics
- Broadcast Journalism: Television & Radio
- Introduction to Graphic Production for Printing
- Reporting and Editing for Print Media
- Basic Animation & Web designing
Free Online Diploma Courses in Journalism:
The free online diploma courses describe the principles, practices, and methods involved in all aspects of Journalism. Some online diploma Journalism courses are listed below.
- Diploma in Media Studies
- Diploma in Introduction to Journalism
- Diploma in Journalism in the Digital Age
- Diploma in Introduction to Media and Culture
- Diploma in Data Journalism and Media Standards
- Diploma in Print and Publishing Media
- Diploma in Understanding Media
Advanced Diploma courses in Journalism:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism
- Postgraduate diploma in Radio & TV Journalism
The general process of admission for diploma journalism courses may involve with the entrance exam. The admission process varies from one institution to another.
The average fee for the diploma journalism courses is approximately Rs. 60,000- 85,000 for the entire period.
Top Journalism Colleges in India:
There are number of colleges offering the Journalism courses in India, we mention some colleges below.
- Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media, Bangalore
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
- Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, New Delhi
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune
- Asian Academy of Film & Television, Noida
- Xavier Institute of Communication, Mumbai
- Amity School of Communication, Pune
- Eenadu Journalism School, Hyderabad
- National School of Journalism, Bangalore
- Bhumika Films & Media Institute, New Delhi
Job Types of Journalism Courses:
- Media Planner
- News Reporter
- Script Writer
- Content Developer
- Copy Writer
- Proof Reader
- Creative Visualizer
- Freelance Writer