Company secretary (CS) is one of the most prestigious and financially rewarding.It is a career with a high level of job satisfaction. Usually, Company Secretary Course is a 3 stages course. There are Foundation stage, executive stage, and professional stage. From this article, we will come to know the details about CS course details, stages in this course, Subjects, duration, Admission, Course Fee, CS examination, job, and salary.
Stages of CS Course
Content In This Article
- 1 Stages of CS Course
- 2 CS Course Syllabus
- 3 CS Foundation Syllabus
- 4 CS Executive Syllabus
- 5 CS Professional Subjects
- 6 Module 1
- 7 Module-2
- 8 Module-3
- 9 Admission and Registration for Company Secretary Course:
- 10 CS Course Fee
- 11 CS Foundation Fee
- 12 CS Executive Fee
- 13 CS Final Course Fee
- 14 CS Examination
- 15 CS Jobs
Usually, this CS course is having total 3 stages. They are:
- Foundation Program
- Executive Program and
- Professional Program
CS Course Syllabus
CS Foundation Syllabus
- Business Economics
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
- Business Management, Ethics, and Communication.
CS Executive Syllabus
Module 1 Subjects
|Economic and Commercial Laws|
|Tax laws and Practice|
|Cost and Management Accounting|
|Company Accounts and Auditing Process|
|Industrial Labour and General Laws|
|Capital Markets and Securities Laws|
CS Professional Subjects
|Corporate Restructuring, Valuation, and Insolvency|
|Advanced Company Law and Practice|
|Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management, and Due Diligence|
|Ethics, Governance, and Sustainability|
|Information Technology and Systems Audit|
|Financial, Treasury and Forex Management|
|Drafting, Appearances, and Pleadings|
|Advanced Tax Laws and Practice|
|Elective one out of Five|
Admission and Registration for Company Secretary Course:
Throughout the year CS foundation registration is opened. Register in March if you want to attend the exam in December. Register before September if you want to attend the exam in June.
CS Course Fee
CS Foundation Fee
- For general candidates, the admission fee is 1500 rupees and education fee is 3000 rupees. The total amount is 4500/-
- For sc/st candidates they need to pay just 50% of the total amount is 2250/-
- For handicapped students, they just need to pay the admission fee of 1500/- rupees.
CS Executive Fee
- For foundation pass out students total fee is 8500/- rupees.
- For handicapped students, they need to pay the registration fee of 2000/- rupees.
- For SC/ST people they need to pay 50% of total fee if for commerce 4500/- if not it is non-commerce 5000/- rupees.
CS Final Course Fee
- For commerce graduates, CPT or ICWAI foundation pass student’s fee is 500+2000+10000 grand total of 12500/- rupees.
- For non-commerce students 12500+1000 which is 13500/- rupees.
Usually, CS exam conducts twice a year. One has to pay the examination fee of 1200/-.Students can attend an examination in English and as well as in Hindi. To qualify for this CS exam one has to secure minimum of 40% in each subject and aggregate of all subjects is 50%.
CS qualified people can work in job areas as follows:
- compliance officers in the office
- a chief advisor to the board of directors
- an expert in corporate laws and corporate governance
- house legal experts
- a corporate planner and more roles
Merit students can get a salary package from 3 lacks to 5 lacks per annum.