Nursing is one of the best career option who wants to serve as professional nurses to the public. This profession is filled with endless professional and personal rewards. This profession is suitable for them those who wants to spend their time helping others, using their skills that blend scientific knowledge with compassion and caring. In this article we are providing you the complete details about nursing, diploma courses in nursing, duration, eligibility, syllabus, Career in Diploma Nursing and jobs etc.
What is Nursing?
Content In This Article
- 1 What is Nursing?
- 2 Importance of Nurses
- 3 Duties
- 4 Diploma in Nursing Courses Details
- 5 Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery:
- 6 Duration:
- 7 Eligibility Criteria:
- 8 Important Subjects:
- 9 Diploma in Nursing Administration:
- 10 Duration:
- 11 Eligibility Criteria:
- 12 Important Subjects:
- 13 Best Nursing Colleges in India:
- 14 Career in Diploma Nursing:
- 15 Job Types:
Nursing is a profession or practice of providing care for sick. It also deals with the protection, promotion, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, optimization of health and abilities, alleviation of suffering through diagnosis and treatment of human response, and provide care for individuals, families and communities etc.
This nursing deals with not only with one person’s biological needs, but their cultural and psychological needs. Nursing is a science which requires the depth knowledge, skills and understanding. This field is concerned with taking care of injured persons and providing well preventive health care to persons.
Importance of Nurses
A nurse is a health care professional who is engaged in the practice of nursing. The nurses play a vital role in the field of medicine. These nurses advocate for health promotion and educate the patients about their health. Nursing professionals provide preventative health care to different types of patients.
Every day on the job the nurses use the science what they learned in nursing schools and keep up with the latest in the nursing and medical sciences. The professional nurses perform tasks such as giving medications, taking vital signs including temperatures, pulse and blood pressure.
Here we are providing some major duties of Nurses below.
- Nurses help the sick and injured people to become better and they help healthy people stay healthy.
- Design and complete quality assurance activities to provide appropriate nursing care.
- They gives medications and treatments ordered by doctors.
- Nurses are concerned with the emotional, social and spiritual conditions of the patients.
- They are also work primarily with children and gerontology, which field mainly focuses on older adults.
- Nurses watch, evaluate, and record patients’ conditions and progress, and they communicate patient condition information to doctors and other members of the health care team.
Diploma in Nursing Courses Details
Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery:
Diploma in general nursing and midwifery course is one of the diploma nursing course. This diploma program will help the students to gain clinical experience in various clinical and community setting of nursing field.
The duration of this course is three years including six months internship.
The basic eligibility to pursue this course is 10+2 from a recognized board in science stream. Some reputed colleges consider the merit score of the candidate for admission.
- Biological Science- Anatomy, Microbiology and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Nursing – First aid and Personal Hygiene
- Behavioral Sciences- Sociology and Psychology
- Community Health Nursing – Environmental nursing, nutrition and Health Education
- Communication skills
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
- Computer Education
- Orthopedic Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Ear, Nose, Throat and Skin
- Community Health Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing
- Health Economics
- Introduction to Research
- Administration and Ward Management
- Health Economics
Diploma in Nursing Administration:
This course is one of the popular diploma level nursing course. This program will help the students to upgrade knowledge and skills of the in-service nurses in the administration competence.
Diploma in Nursing Administration is a three years academic course.
The minimum qualification for this course is 10+2 and one should complete the General nursing and midwifery course with two years of experience in the profession.
- Principles and Practice of Nursing Administration
- Group Dynamics
- Practical Aspects of Nursing Administration I
- Resource Management
- Management of Educational Institute, Hospital and Community
- Practical Aspects of Nursing Administration II
Best Nursing Colleges in India:
Let’s view some best nursing colleges which are located in India>
- India Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- Apollo Hospital School of Nursing, Hyderabad
- Institute of Nursing Sciences, Agarthala
- Adarsh College of Nursing, Patiala
- Manipal College of Nursing, Manipal
Career in Diploma Nursing:
Career in Diploma Nursing is one of the best booming career in hospitality. Nurses work in various areas including hospitals, public health departments, public schools and mental health centers etc. They easily get jobs in both private and government hospitals, industries, old age homes, nursing homes, orphanage homes, sanatoriums and armed forces. They can also work in many areas such as Indian Red Cross Society, Both State and Central Nursing Councils and various other nursing institutions.
- Community Health Nurse
- ICU Nursing Staff
- Clinic Nurse
- Operation Theatre Nurse
- Nursing Assistant
- Legal Nurse Consultant
- Forensic Nursing
- Emergency Room Nurse and Midwife Nurse
- Travelling Nurse