TNPSC Exam Details: Public Service Commission examinations are termed to be one of the important and Professional career oriented courses. It gives lot of importance to the people who had got qualified in the examination and for now let us discuss one of the segments of the Public Service commission examinations. Each and every state is involved in conducting PSC examinations and TNPSC is one amongst them.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About TNPSC Exam:
Content In This Article
The full form of TNPSC is Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. It came into force from 1st October 1923. TNPSC aims in consistently creating and nurturing a Public Service which is independent, impartial, Ethical, And Effective and Being Capable and Enough to meet new-new challenges faced by the government. It also gives a tremendous response to the growing expectations of the Public at large and marginalized sections in particular.
Various examinations organized by the TNPSC are listed out below. Candidates interested to enter into the Public Service Commission of Tamil Nadu state may get in to the organization by qualifying in any one of the examinations stated hereby. They are Group-I/II/IV/V/VI/VII/VIII (A/B) Services, Combined Subordinate Services examination (CSSE-I/II), Agricultural Services, Medical Services, Educational Services, Fisheries Services, Forensic Services, General Subordinate Services, Industrial Services, Labor Services, Jail Subordinate Services, Handloom and Textiles Services and many more.
TNPSC is termed to be one of the top most qualifications in Tamil Nadu State. Generally the number of vacancies varies every year. It is conducted in two phases, a Preliminary examination and a Mains examination. The entire process from notification to preliminary examination and declaration of the final results roughly take a period of one year. Here in this explanatory session we will get to know the clear details regarding each and every examination held up with TNPSC, their eligibility, core syllabus etc.
TNPSC Exam Details of Eligibility:
Candidates interested to apply for TNPSC examination must definitely be a resident of Tamil Nadu state. Other state candidates aren’t allowed to in TNPSC Recruitment.
Educational Qualification for TNPSC Exam
- A degree(or) its equivalent Qualification in a relevant stream from a Central, State or Deemed university either through correspondence or distance education
- Any qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent to the above
TNPSC Exam Age Limit
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
- For OBC the upper age limit is 35
- For SC and ST the limit is 37 years.
How Many Times Can We Apply for TNPSC Exam?
- General category candidates: 4
- OBC category candidates = 7
- SC/ST Candidates = unlimited
STAGES IN TNPSC EXAM: TNPSC Civil services exam is conducted in three phases Preliminary Examination, Mains Examination and Physical Test. Notification for exam comes in April and Prelims falls in August. The prelims result comes in September. The Mains exam falls in December and result is out mostly in Feb/ March
Stage I: A preliminary examination (Objective Section) consisting of two objective-type papers (general studies and aptitude test). Candidates applied for the examination is tested with the General Knowledge questionnaires up to the recent time of the examination and Aptitude test to check the accuracy and speed of the candidates.
Stage II: A mains examination is subjective section, consisting of three papers of conventional (essay) which are absolutely elective each of 300 marks.
TNPSC FEE STRUCTURE:
- Candidates applying offline (through common application form) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 75 (seventy Five rupees only) through a single Central Recruitment Fee Stamp.
- All Female Candidates, Physically handicapped and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes are exempted for paying the application fee.
- Candidate claiming age relaxation/fee concession will be required by the Commission to submit along with their detailed application form, a certified copy of the caste/Percentage of Disability from a Government Hospital/Medical Board in support of his claim for being physically handicapped.