ABOUT THE BOOK: F. Scott Fitzgerald is the author of the book THE GREAT GATSBY, which was published on 10th April 1925. This Book was published by Charles Scribner’s Sons in English and cover artist by Francis Cugat.
The modern library editorial board voted it the 20th century’s best American novel and second best English-language novel.
The story deals with love and affection and the story takes place in summer of 1922. Here we provided the detailed Summary & Study Guide as well as analysis to help you understand the book. The detailed summary and review also contains topics for Discussion on The GREAT GATSBY Book by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
The GREAT GATSBY by F. Scott Fitzgerald Details:
Content In This Article
Name of the Book: The GREAT GATSBY
Publish Date: 10th April 1925
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Published by: Charles Scribner’s Sons
ISBN: ISBN13 9780743273565
ABOUT THE AUTHOR F. SCOTT FITZGERALD
Francis Scott Fitzgerald was born in 24th September 1896, St.Paul, Minnesota, United States. He was died on 21st December 1940 (aged 44), Hollywood, California, United States. He graduated from the Newman School in 1913. He got love marriage with Zelda Sayre in 1920 and had a son Frances Scott Fitzgerald.
There are some other books by author excluding this novel were given below:
- Bernice Bobs Her Hair – 1920.
- The Lees of Happiness – 12 December 1920.
- This Side of Paradise – 1920.
- Flappers and Philosophers – 1920.
- Babylon Revisited and Other Stories – 1920.
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Butt – 27 May 1922.
- The Diamond as Big as the Ritz – June 1922.
- Winter Dreams – December 1922.
- The Beautiful and Damned – 1922.
- Tales of the Jazz Age – 1922.
- The Vegetable – 1923.
- The cruise of the rolling junk – 1924.
- Love in the Night – 14 March 1925.
- All the Sad Young Men – 1926.
- The Basil and Josephine Stories – 1928.
- The Bridal Party – 1930.
- Babylon Revisited – 1931.
- Tender Is the Night – January 1934.
- Taps at Reveille – 1935.
- The Crack-Up – 1936.
- The Love of the Last Tycoon – 1941.
- The Pat Hobby Stories – 1962.
- The Short Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald – 1989.
- A life in letters – 1994.
- On Booze – 2011.
- The Rich Boy – 21 April 2015.
The Great Gatsby Book Summery / Contents
The book The Great Gatsby was an 180 pages book having ISBN13: 9780743273565. The story begins with the Nick Carraway, a graduate of Yale University in the Midwest. He had experienced the World War 1 and the newly resides on the west egg, which is next to the Jay Gatsby house.
Daisy Fay Buchanan being a cousin of the nick, she caught love with Gatsby before her marriage with Thomas Buchanan (Tom). Here the twist is tom having an affair with myrtle Wilson; as it was known to her wife later.
The story leads to the murder of the Myrtle by the Gatsby car which was later watched by nick and tom. At last George Wilson, husband of the myrtle begin searching the roots behind her wife murder. He finally reached the Gatsby by the proof of his car and shoots him by a revolver.
Some of the character names in this book
- Nick Carraway.
- Jay Gatsby.
- Daisy Fay Buchanan.
- Thomas “Tom” Buchanan.
- Jordan Baker.
- George B. Wilson.
- Myrtle Wilson.
- George Wilson.
- Owl Eyes.
- Meyer Wolfshiem.
If you want full edition about The GREAT GATSBY by F. Scott Fitzgerald buy it on online @ Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon, etc. Select from the best online store with quickest shipping facility. Please stay connects with us for fresh updates regarding books & its price.