About TNTUE University: Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University (TNTEU) is an exclusive state university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was established by government of TamilNadu to promote teacher education. Tamil Nadu is a seat of higher education in India which offers professional and general courses and also elementary, secondary and higher education. As on 2012 nearly 665 colleges offering B.Ed. are affiliated to TNTUE. Some of these colleges also offer M.Ed. also.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Content In This Article
The various objectives of the Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University are
- To provide high quality education.
- To increase research facilities in teaching education.
- To conduct and organize seminars and workshops.
- To promote quality in teacher education.
The vision of the TNTUE is to provide internationally comparable quality teacher education to the youth.
Courses Offered by Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University:
M.Phil. master of philosophy
Courses: part 1: three written papers
Part 2: dissertation
Part 1: Research methodology
Part 2: Advanced paper in main subject
Part 3: Back-ground paper relating to the proposed dissertation conducted internally by the College/Department.
Duration: Minimum 1 or 2
Maximum 2 or 4
M.Ed.(Master of education)
It is a master’s degree with duration of 2 years.
Course consists of
- Core Subjects
- Elective Subjects
- Philosophical and Sociological Perspectives in Education.
- Advanced Educational Psychology.
- Research in Education.
Candidate can choose any TWO electives one from Group I and the other from Group II from the following subjects.
- Primary and Secondary Education
2. Teacher Education
3. Non Formal Education
4. Comparative Education
- Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology
- Women’s Education
- ICT in Education
- Education for the Children with Special Needs
- The Candidate shall be required to submit his/her dissertation with pages not exceeding 120 which should be a record of his/her original investigation prepared with the supervision of an eligible guide.
- Candidate pursuing the course shall submit his/her dissertation within 10 days after the last date of their theory exam.
- The dissertation shall be written either in Tamil (or) English.
- The maximum limit for submission of thesis will be three years from the date of joining the course.
- Each eligible guide may be allotted not more than 5 candidates for guidance.
B.Ed.(Bachelor of education)
It is an Under Graduate professional degree. The duration is 2 years
- Education in emerging Indian society
- Psycology of learning and human development
- Educational Innovations and management
There are many elective subjects and optional subjects. List of those can be found in official website.
The list of Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University colleges offering B.Ed. and M.Ed. courses can be found in the official website. Colleges will be listed according to district and category.
Click here for official website of TNTUE University