Nutrition is the branch of science that deals with nutrients and nutrition, particularly in humans. Nutrition Course is one of the emerging careers these days. So many of the candidates are choosing this as their career. One need to complete the Nutrition course so as settle as Dietician.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Nutrition Courses:
Nutrition provides the interaction of nutrients and other substances in food in relation to maintenance, growth, health and disease of an organism. It includes food intake, absorption, biosynthesis, catabolism and excretion. The Nutrition courses and Classes cover topics starting from sports nutrition and metabolism to weight-loss techniques and plans.
A nutrition course contains two or three classes, This Courses also provide Certification. Students can also take individual classes to enhance their nutrition knowledge or skills without earning certification.
- Nutrition Courses are provided both in classroom and also Online. Class room is general and online training is for those who can’t attend the classes by going somewhere. They also can the save the time and expenses of going.
- Online courses are provided by many websites.
- These sites also provide Materials, preparation tips, Pdf and also CDs for learning the course.
- The Fees in the Online varies.
- There are also some sites which provide free Online training.
- One should verify all the aspects such as experience of the faculty, Fees, certification etc, before joining the course.
Diploma in Nutrition & diet planning:
This is one of the best Courses. This can also be done in correspondence.
The candidates wishing to do diploma in dietician should meet the eligibility criteria.
Graduate in any field (Medical, Science, Commerce, Arts etc).
PART 1 – Nutrition Science:
- Anatomy / Physiology – Digestive, Circulatory & Respiratory Systems.
- Enzymatic Digestion, Absorption & Assimilation of nutrients.
- Study of Macro Nutrients: Carbohydrates, Proteins, Lipids
- Study of Micro Nutrients: Vitamins, Minerals.
PART 2 – Dietetics Practical:
- Food Valuation / Analysis: – Calculation of calorific & nutritive values of food.
- Generating nutritive recipes with proper calorific values.
- Calculation of individual patient’s calorie requirement.
- Menu Planning: Diet Plans for individual’s daily food intake in:
- Hypertension & Heart Problems
- Diabetes & Sugar Control
- Arthritis & Bone Health
- Hyper Thyroid & Hypo Thyroid
- PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- Pregnancy: to enhance growth of baby & health of mother.
- Lactation: to increase the quality & quantity of milk production.
- Child Health: to Improve Mental & Physical efficiency for Academics & Sports.
- Weight Loss / Weight Gain
- Organizational abilities
- working well in a team
- Strong communication skills are helpful
- aptitude for science
- an interest in diet
There is a best career prospectus for those who complete The course in nutrition. Various job profiles are:
- clinical dieticians
- community dieticians
- management dieticians
- Consultant dieticians.
As trainee one may get starting salary of Rs.5000 per month and after getting experience of 1 or more years they may get salary up to Rs.10,000.
Professional has no limits in earning and income.
Best institutes for Nutrition Course:
Here is the list of few Best institutes
- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- D. Birla Institute of Home Science, Kolkata
- Lady Irwin College
- N.D.T. Women’s University
- All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health
Go through the article with Nutrition Course Details and get the complete info. Stay Connected for more updates.
Also See CNA Certification Details