NIFT Courses Details: National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) offers 4 year undergraduate and 2 year post-graduate programmes in the areas of design, management, and technology. In order to secure NIFT Admission Process in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) & Master of Design (M.Des) programs, candidates need to take two written admission tests called the Creative Ability Test (CAT) and the General Ability Test (GAT).
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Following are the test for NIFT Courses such as CAT, GAT, SITUATION TEST, and GD/PI. Before that you can check the NIFT Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor programmes – Design – B.Des, (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication) from its official website www.nift.ac.in as well as our web portal. Kindly click on relevant link for NIFT Course Details like Average salary packages, NIFT Placements, Syllabus/contents and its duration etc.
Content In This Article
- 1 About NIFT:
- 2 Courses Offered:
- 3 NIFT Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor Programme
- 4 Eligibility for NIFT Masters Programme- Design ( M.Des ) Master Of Design
- 5 NIFT Courses Details About Duration:
- 6 Campuses:
- 7 NIFT Syllabus/Contents:
- 8 NIFT Fee structure:
- 9 Some companies which have recruited NIFT students in campus placements
Full form is Nift is National Institute of Fashion Technology. NIFT is a fashion institute in India. It was set up in the year of 1986 under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Govt of India. NIFT is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business. It was granted statutory status in 2006, empowering it to award degrees and other academic distinctions. The official website of NIFT is www.nift.ac.in.
The placement fair this year turned out better than 2014 as the highest salary offer has gone from Rs 4 lakh to Rs 11.5 lakh. The average pay offered is Rs 5.5 lakh per annum
Bachelor Programmes – Design
- Des. (Fashion Design).
- Des. (Accessory Design).
- Des. (Textile Design).
- Des. (Fashion Communication).
- Des. (Knitwear Design).
Bachelor Programme – Technology
- FTech. (Apparel Production).
Careers in NIFT Courses
The programme prepares students to pursue careers as Designers, Freelance Design Consultants, Stylists, Forecasting and Fashion Trends Forum Organisers, Costume Designers, Illustrators and Entrepreneurs.
NIFT Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor Programme
Age limit: Candidate maximum age limit should be 23 years
Bachelor of Design Eligibility:
- The candidate complete the +2 level examination from any recognized Central / State Board of Secondary examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education , New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10 + 2 system.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Bachelor of Fashion Technology – B.FTech Eligibility:
- The candidate must completed 10+2 examination from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10 + 2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- 3 or 4 years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
Eligibility for NIFT Masters Programme- Design ( M.Des ) Master Of Design
Undergraduate Degree from any Institute/University recognized by law in India (or) Diploma in UG Design from NIFT/NID only (or) Undergraduate Diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Eligibility for NIFT Master Programme – Management (MFM) Master of Fashion Management
Undergraduate Degree from any institute/university recognized by law in India (or) Undergraduate diploma of minimum three years duration from NIFT / NID.
Eligibility for NIFT Master Programme – Technology ( M.F.Tech) Master of Fashion Technology
B.F.Tech from NIFT (or) B.E / B.Tech from any Institute / University recognized by law in India.
NIFT Courses Details About Duration:
The duration of the NIFT Courses is 4 years for Fashion Design, Knitwear Design, Leather Design, Textile Design, Apparel Production and 2 years for Design Space, Fashion Management Studies and Fashion Technology.
- Fashion Design: 4 years.
- Knitwear Design: 4 years.
- Leather Design: 4 years.
- Textile Design: 4 years.
- Apparel Production: 4 years.
- Design Space: 2 years.
- Fashion Management Studies: 2 years.
- Fashion Technology: 2 years.
Bengaluru, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Kangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi, Patna, Raebareli, Jodhpur, Bhubaneshwar.
Common Foundation Programme in Design.
Students will be introduced to various aspects of Fashion Design education through subjects like Fashion Illustration and Design, Fashion Studies, Elements of Textiles, Surface Development Techniques and History of Costumes. Introduction to Pattern Making and Garment Construction contributes to Integrated Term Project.
The third year builds on learning from the previous year with greater departmental specialization. The focus is on greater exposure to the complexities and nuances of different segments of the apparel industry. An industry internship during the year is an invaluable experience for students to interface between design and technicalities of production.
The final year focuses on niche specializations and electives with emphasis on Research and Development. The final semester culminates in a Design Collection, where students present their collections in a show.
NIFT Fee structure:
|S. No.||Particulars||For students
|For students Sem V & VII|
|1.||Tuition Fees (Non-refundable)||Rs. 74,500/-||Rs. 73,300/-|
|2.||Library Fee (Per year) (Non-refundable)||Rs. 4,900/-||Rs. 4,800/-|
|3.||Mediclaim & Students Development Fee (Per year) (Non-refundable)||Rs. 2,500/-||Rs. 2,400/-|
|4.||Exam fee (Per year) (Non-refundable)||Rs. 2,500/-||Rs. 2,400/-|
|Particular||Twin sharing Basis (two persons in one room) For Girls Hostel Sem.-III,V,&VII||Single Occupancy (one person in one room ) For Girls Hostel Sem.-III, V, &VII||Twin sharing Basis (two persons in one room) For Girls Hostel sem. I|
|Hostel Fee||Rs. 15,000/-||Rs. 24,000/-||Rs. 15,000/-|
|Mess Fee||Rs. 16,500/-||Rs. 16,500/-||Rs. 16,500/-|
|Electricity fee||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Services||Rs. 6,000/-||Rs. 6,000/-||Rs. 6,000/-|
|Total||Rs. 40,500/-||Rs. 49,500/-||Rs. 48,500/-|
Some companies which have recruited NIFT students in campus placements
Ace Turtle Services Pvt. Ltd, Acme Corporation, AddressHome.com, Ambattoor Clothing Pvt. Ltd, Freedom Tree Design, French Curve, Future Group, Future Lifestyle & Fashions Ltd., Global Clothing, Global Exports Corporation, Amrit Exports Pvt. Ltd, Biswa Bangla, Bombay High, Breakbounce India Limited, Brinil Clothing, Carwale.com, Casa Brand India, Cottostown Fashion, Crave Clothing Co, Creative Bee, Decathlon, Derewala Industries Ltd, Dhruv Vaish, Disha Lifestyle Pvt. Ltd, Disha Retail Fixtures Pvt. Ltd, Dorset, Drish Shoes, Earnest Group, Edcons Exports (P) Ltd, Elitify, Fabindia, First Steps Babywear Pvt. Ltd, Anjali Traders, Apparel Resources Pvt Ltd, Arcana Kochhar, Arvind Lifestyle Brands Limited, Arvind Limited, Ascendum, Authenticity, Avadat Apparels, AVH Associates, Banswara Industries, Globus Stores Private Limited, Go Go International Pvt. Ltd, Goldenseam Textile Pvt. Ltd, Hidesign, Home Shop18.com, Icona Blare, Impulse (India) Pvt. Ltd, Indusmode and so on…
Average salary packages NIFT students
The average pay of a NIFT pass out is around Rs 2.50 lakh per year.