M.Phil which means Master of Philosophy. M.Phil Course is a 2year Ph.D. course. From this article, you will get all the details about M.Phil course, Eligibility, Duration, Course Fee, Specialisations, Job areas and Salary etc. Let us see in detail about the M.Phil. Course as follows.
M.Phil which means Master of Philosophy
Content In This Article
Quick Review of M.Phil Course:
|Full Form||Master of Philosophy|
|Course Type||Post Graduate Academic Research|
|Admission process||Merit-based (Based on the PG percentage)/ Entrance Test based|
|Area Concerned||Public Administration|
|Eligibility||Graduate with 55% in any college or a university|
|Structure of Course||Semester|
|Job Profiles||Economist, Assistant professor, Author, Civil servant, Journalist|
|Top recruiting areas||Journalism, Economics, Civil Services, auditing, technical expertise and language domain.|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000 to INR 1, 00,000|
|Average starting salary||INR 18,000 to INR 20,000|
M.Phil Course Eligibility:
To pursue this M.Phil course one should have the master’s degree in science, arts or engineering with a minimum of 55%.
M.Phil Course Duration:
This M.Phil course is a 2year long post-graduation course.
M.Phil Course Fee:
The total fee for this M.Phil course is 40,000/- per annum.
(1) Course Work (4 Papers of 2 hours each, carrying 50 marks) – 200 Marks
(2) Internal Assessment (Based on review essays and at least 2 seminars) –
(1) Dissertation/ project Work – 150 Marks
(2) Final Comprehensive Viva-Voce- 50 Marks
Total- 500 Marks
- For gaining eligibility a candidate must obtain 50% of marks in part-1
- Part-1 eligible candidates only go for part-2
- In part-2 also one should secure 50% of marks
- The candidates who are cleared their part-1 and part-2 subjects are eligible to hold the degree.
- Part-1 studying students have to complete their academic project on regular basis then only they will go for part-2.
- Those candidates who are eligible for part-2 only will go for viva-voce examination and other comprehensive examinations.
- Eligible Candidates will go through all examinations by paying the examination fee in the university or college time to time.
- Students who are qualified in the part-1 examination have to submit dissertation prior the final comprehensive viva-voce else there will be a cancellation of examination.
- This examination and viva-voce conducted by an external examiner who comes from outside colleges or universities.
- The project was done by the students also checked and examined by the P.G. Board of Studies on the recommendation of M.Phil. Committee.
- Before the submission of the dissertation, the respective students have to give a presentation about the project known as pre-M.Phil. Presentation to all the faculty members and research students for gaining feedback and comments.
|Chinese and Japanese Studies|
|Guru Nanak Sikh Studies|
|Psychiatric Social work|
List of Colleges Offering M.Phil Course:
|Chaudhary Charan Singh University|
|A.N.J.A College, Virudhu Nagar, Tamil Nadu|
|M.N.Institute of Applied Science, Bikaner, Rajasthan|
|Nalsar University of Law, R.R.District, Hyderabad|
|Gulbarga University, Jnana Ganga, Gulbarga, Karnataka|
|Aarupudi Veedu Institute of Technology, Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu|
|Hemachandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan, Gujarat|
|National Law School of India University, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore, Karnataka|
|University of Mumbai, Mumbai|
|University of Delhi, Delhi|
|University of Calcutta, Calcutta|
|Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirapalli|
|Lovely Professional University|
|Jamia Mili Islamia|
M.Phil Job Areas:
|Human Services Industry|
|Research and Development Institutes|
M.Phil Job Types:
|Social Service Worker|
|Teacher and Lecturer|
|Human Service Worker|
For a fresher who completed post-graduation degree in this M.Phil Course can get 20,000 Rs to 30,000 Rs.