JNU Courses Details: This article is provided you the list of courses offered at JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University). JNU full form is Jawaharlal Nehru University and it is one of the most reputed and well known universities which are familiar to large number of students. The Jawaharlal Nehru University is follows semester system. Each course is for the duration of one semester and it is assigned a specific number of credits.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
This university is famous for the best education for various courses such as MA, MCA, MTech, MBA, M.Sc and M.Phil/Ph. D. Also many Undergraduate and post graduate courses get offered by this university. More than 10 lakh students study in this university. Candidates need to qualify the entrance examination conducted by the JNU University to get admission in various courses. Here you can get the J.N.U Courses Details, famous Colleges list and Course wise Syllabus etc.
JNU Courses List:
- A. in Politics (with specialization in International Studies)
- A. in Economics (with Specialization in World Economy)
- A. in Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Hindi, Korean, Linguistics, Persian, Russian, Spanish and Urdu
- A. in Economic, Geography, History, Political Science, Sociology, Philosophy and Development & Labour Studies
- Sc in Life Sciences
- Sc in Environmental Sciences
- MCA (Masters in Computer Applications)
- Sc in Physics
- Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D
- A. in Arts and Aesthetics
- A. in Sanskrit
- Integrated M.Sc-Ph.D
- Sc in Biotechnology
- Master of Technology (MTech) – Computer Science and Technology
- Master of Technology (MTech) – Computational and Systems Biology
JNU Admission Process
Before the JNU Admission Process, we are giving the important key p[oints of courses.
B.A. (1st year entry level)
- The Minimum credit requirements 100
- Out of 100 credits 22 credits from optional courses and 10 credits from tool courses.
- Duration 6 semesters: extendable by two extra semesters
B.A. (2nd year entry level)
- Minimum credit requirements 76.
- Out of 76 credits 22 credits from optional courses and 06 credits from tool courses.
- Duration 4 semesters:
- Minimum credit requirements 64
- Duration: 4 semesters extendable by two extra semesters
- Minimum credit requirements 96
- Duration: 6 semesters extendable by two extra semesters.
- This course provides theoretical background and practical experience in Computer Science.
- By studying MCA, you can make your career in automatic computing.
It has both course work and dissertation. The course work shall be completed preferably in first two consecutive semesters followed by dissertation. The entire M.Tech program has to be completed in 4 consecutive semesters.
J N U Admission Details:
JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) is conducting admission procedure for various Graduation and Post Graduation courses. Candidates who are interested in taking admission under various UG and PG courses can submit their online application forms. The candidates are also required to produce all originals of the required documents for verification at the time of admission. In the absence of any of the original certificates, registration shall not be allowed. The original certificates of the students will be retained by the University for a period of one semester. Further details regarding the recruitment are given below.
Also check: JNU UG PG Syllabus for BA, MA, MCA, MSC, M Tech, M Phil and PhD at https://www.jnu.ac.in
Jawaharlal Nehru University Courses Eligibility
Eligibility for Admission (M.Phil/Ph. D.) and M.Tech./Ph.D.:
Master’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Statistics or Operational Research or in any branch of Science or Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Engineering or Master of Computer Applications (MCA) with at least 55% marks
Eligibility for Admission MCA:
Candidate must have done Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 55% marks. Candidates who are appearing last year, they can also apply for this.
Eligibility for Admission M.Sc.: Bachelor’s (B. Sc. or B Tech or equivalent) in Biological, Physical or Agricultural Sciences or Biotechnology under the 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 55% marks.
Eligibility for Admission M.A:
M.A. in English and M.A. in Linguistics Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 50% marks.
M.A. in German Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 50% marks with adequate proficiency in German.
M.A. other than English, Linguistics and German Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern of education with at least 45% marks with adequate proficiency in the concerned language.
J.N.U Course Fees
For BA, MA, MCA, MSC, M Tech, M Phil and PhD
|M Phil, PhD, M.Tech,||MA, MSC, MCA and BA||Part Time|
|Tuition Fee (Annual)||240 (Paid in Two Instalments/Semesters)||216(Paid in Two Instalments/Semesters)||120(Paid in Two Instalments/Semesters)|
|Sports Fee (Annual)||16.50||16.50||16.50|
|Literary and Cultural Fee(Annual)||16.50||16.50||16.50|
|Students’ Union Fee(Annual)||15||15||15|
|Library Fee (Annual||6||6||6|
|Medical Fee (Annual)||9||9||9|
|Students’ Aid Fund (ANNUAL)||4.50||4.50|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||40||40||40|
|Identity Card Folder||10||10||10|
|Students Hostel and General Information Guide||15||15|
|NSS (national Service Scheme||20||20|
To be paid at the time of Enrolment in the University.
To be realized in two installments.
Students shall deposit tuition fee:
- First Installment at the time of admission.
- Second installment at the time of registration in the Winter Semester i.e. January.
Annual Fees shall be paid at the commencement of each academic year.
For more details about fee please refer the below provided link
JNU PG Colleges List
Are you looking for JNU Affiliated Institutions and Colleges list? Look here!! We are providing the city/ state wise JNU PG Colleges List. Top most colleges are placed in Andhra Pradesh, Mumbai, Delhi/NCR, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal etc. The Details of the state wise list various districts of Quartile 1 and 2 Drawn by the University given in table form.