About JAIIB Exam: JAIIB abbreviated as Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Banking. This is an associate examination held by the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF). The JAIIB exam is available and only applicable to the ordinary members of the Institute. This exam will help the members of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance to get promotions quickly.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
Those individuals who are Life members of the Institute and are employees of a banking establishment or financial institution or any other institution, which is an Institutional Member of the Institute are only appear in this exam. Any one employed in the banking and finance industry can submit an application to the Institute for membership.
Aim JAIIB Exam
Content In This Article
The JAIIB certification is for the employee (Banker) and is not associated to any particular bank, so even if you switch from one bank to another you will be eligible for either two or three increment based on your cadre. Your increment from JAIIB will also be applicable for each stage of promotion.
JAIIB Exam Details
The candidates who are wishing to apply for JAIIB exam must qualify in the 10th examinations from a recognized board or its equivalent exam. The subordinate staff of standard banking or financial institutions in India who are members of Institute are eligible for the examination.
New members are advised of the examination for which they are eligible to appear while at the intimation of their respective membership numbers.
Anyone can apply for JAIIB exam online. First you are required to login with your personal membership number and password in the official website of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance. In the JAIIB online application you are required to fill details like mode, medium, center for the exam as also the place of work etc. Check the data and information carefully before submission of application form.
- First attempt fee – Rs 2400/-
- Second attempt fee – Rs 1,000/-
- Third attempt fee – Rs 1,000/-
- Fourth attempt fee – Rs 1,000/-
Mode of Examination:
The examination will be conducted in Online Mode and the exam selected centers as per the notification is given on the website in this regard. The duration of the exam will be of two hours.
Exam Paper Pattern:
The JAIIB Examination will be of fully objective type questions. Case study based questions may be asked. About 120 questions per subject will be asked, carrying 100 marks including questions based on case study/case lets. The Institute may, however, vary the number of questions to be asked for a subject. There will no negative marking for wrong answers.
Questions for the JAIIB Examination will be related to following:
- Problem solving
- Analytical/logical exposition
- Knowledge testing
- Case analysis
- Conceptual grasp
JAIIB examination will be conducted normally twice a year in the months of May / June and November / December.
Principles & Practices of Banking
Concepts: Indian Financial System
- Banking Regulation
- Role and functions of capital markets, SEBI
- Recent Development in the financial system
- Banker customer relationship
- Mutual funds and insurance companies
- Risk Management
- Customer protection
- Payment and collection of Cheques and negotiable instruments
- Opening accounts of various types of customers
- Payment systems and Electronic Banking
- Data communication, Network & EFT systems
- Accounting & Finance for Bankers:
Concepts: Calculation of Interest & Annuities
- Capital Budgeting
- Definition, scope and Accounting standards
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- Preparation of Final Accounts
- Maintenance of cash/ subsidiary books & Ledger
- Final Accounts of Banking Companies
- Ratio Analysis
- Bills of Exchange
- Banking operations and Accounting functions
- Accounting in a computerized environment
- Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking:
Concepts: Regulation of banking business
- Financial Sector Legislative Reforms
- Legal Framework of Regulation of Banks
- Different types of borrowers
- Bank Guarantees
- Various types of securities
- Recovery of debts due to Banks & Financial Institutions Act, 1993
- The law of limitation
- Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Recent Legislative Chances in RBI Act
- Public sector banks and co-operative banks
- Minimum marks for pass in every subject- 50 out of 100 marks
- Candidate securing at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of JAIIB examination in a single attempt will also be declared as having passed JAIIB Examination.