Are you looking for CU CET Exam Details? You are at right page. Now CU CET Entrance Exam Notification and Dates have been announced. Applications are invited by Central Universities – CU CET Exam for admission into various Under-Graduation, Post-Graduation and other courses offered by Central University of Haryana, Jharkhand, Kashmir, Punjab, Tamilnadu, Jammu, Kerala, Karnataka, and Rajasthan. Complete details prescribed in the below paragraphs.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About CU CET Exam
Content In This Article
Central University is providing admission to the students who are willing to pursue UG, PG, PhD and other courses at various levels by conducting a national wide entrance examination by name CU CET followed by the academic year in various cities in India viz. Haryana, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Rajasthan. Let’s look for the details of CU CET.
Brief Details about CU CET
|Name of the Examination||Central University Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||CU CET|
|Conducting Authority Name||Central University|
|Examination Level||National Level Entrance Exam|
|Type||UG, PG & PhD Entrance Exam|
CU CET Notification
CU CET has to be announced. Students who are willing to prepare for the examination, go through the particulars such as eligibility, application details, fees, syllabus, exam pattern, model papers etc. which are presented below:
CU CET Exam Dates
|CU CET Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online registration starts||2nd week of March 2018|
|Online registration Last Date||3rd week of April 2018|
|Check Status of registration||April 2018|
|CU CET Admit Card||1st week of May 2018|
|Date of Examination (Offline)||3rd week of May 2018|
|Declaration of CU CET Result||3rd week of June 2018|
|First Counselling||July 2018|
|Second Counselling||1st week of August 2018|
|Third Counselling||4th week of August 2018|
|Open Counselling||September 2018|
Note: UG, PG & PhD Entrance Exam Dates not fixed as it is usually conducted in the month of May every year.
Candidates who are willing to pursue UG, PG and Ph.D. courses in Central University should satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- Students who likes to pursue Bachelor or UG courses, should complete 10+2 under any recognized Board with an aggregate of 50%.
- Students who likes to possess a PG or Master’s degree, should complete their graduation under any recognized University with an aggregate of 60%.
- Candidates who are willing to pursue Ph. D. in Central University, should complete their PG or master’s degree in their interested specialization under any recognized Board or University with an aggregate of 60%.
CU CET Application
Applications for CU CET might be available from 2nd or 3rd week of March and the students who are willing to apply for CU CET should be alert from the date of notification. Applicants should fill the application correctly in the required fields and check twice or thrice after completion of application before submitting. The candidate should fill the application for only one time and it is taken into consideration.
How to Apply Online
Following are the steps to fill the application form.
Step 1: Click on the official website link to get registered.
Step 2: Enter all the details in the application form in required fields correctly.
Step 3: Upload scanned photograph and signature in required fields.
Step 4: Make payment either in online mode or offline as required by applicant.
Step 5: Check the details filled in application form and then click “Submit”.
Step 6: Download & take print-out of application form of pdf format for future references.
The application fee for General / OBC is Rs.750/- and for SC/ST, it is Rs400/- including bank charges. The fee can be paid using debit/credit cards or internet banking or through paying challan in SBI bank of any branch.
Syllabus for CU CET
The syllabus of CU CET has been divided into two parts viz. Part A and Part B. Part A comprises of topics like General Awareness, English Language, Analytical Skills and Mathematical skills whereas Part B comprises of topics from the course selected by the students.
CU CET Exam Pattern
|Name of the Exam||CU CET|
|Duration of the Exam||2 Hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for Right answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark deducted for wrong answer|
|Paper Pattern||OMR Pattern|
Preparation tips for the students are as follows:
- Students who are willing to pursue B. Tech courses in Manipal University should look for the notification, study the notification carefully and then apply for the examination.
- Fill the application form carefully without any mistakes within the due date and then start preparing for exams.
- Go through the syllabus and classify the subjects for preparation. First practice the subjects in which you find difficulty and next the easy ones.
- Spend more time for difficult subjects and take more practice for those subjects. Be in contact with lecturers to clarify your doubts.
- Prepare all model papers either by downloading or buying books. More practice helps the students to attain good score in the exam.
- Download the hall ticket and keep it safe with you until the completion of examination. Don’t misplace it.
- Time management is very important in examination. So it is good to attempt the known questions and later tough questions.
- Don’t spend more time on unknown questions. Sometimes we need to answer the questions logically. So think and answer carefully.
- Don’t commit any malpractice during the time of examination. You will get debarred and will not be allowed to attend for these examinations and this leads to spoil your life.
There are different types of model papers available in book stalls or on the internet. Students may download or purchase model papers and practice them. This helps the students to score good in the examinations. There are several types of model papers either previous or latest. Some model papers provide solutions while some are not. Practicing of those model papers helps the students think logically and score good in examinations.
Cut off for CU CET is based on the performance of candidates in the entrance exam. It is also depends on the selection of a candidate of specific course. Candidates should obtain the scores equivalent to the scores that are to be eligible for CU CET Counselling.
CU CET Hall Ticket
Hall ticket or Admit card is an important credential to be carried during the examination. It is generated two weeks before the examination. Candidates should download and carry it for the examination. If not, the candidate may not be eligible to write the examination.
How to Download Hall Ticket
Step 1: Visit the official website of the entrance examination.
Step 2: Enter the details like registration number or roll number in required fields.
Step 3: Now you will get a link for downloading hall ticket.
Step 4: Download and take a print-out of hall ticket and keep it safe until the completion of exam.