In this article we are going to provide you the list of Best Mechanical Engineering Books. Many students pursuing Engineering in the department of Mechanical are in a dilemma which books are to be purchased for studying.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
So we are giving you a clear view about the list of Best Mechanical Engineering Books. Hoping this article will be helpful to you to purchase the best books and for your preparation too.
Best Mechanical Engineering Books
- 1 Best Mechanical Engineering Books
- 2 Mechanical Engineering Drawing books
- 3 Basic Books for Mechanical Engineering
- 4 Basic Thermodynamics books
- 5 Engineering or Vector Mechanics books
- 6 Mechanics of Solids or Strength of Materials books
- 7 Heat Transfer books
- 8 Fluid Mechanics
- 9 Machine Design books
- 10 Mechanics of Machinery books
- 11 Instrumentation and Measurement books
- 12 Power Plant Engineering books
- 13 Refrigeration and Building Mechanical Systems books
- 14 Control Engineering books
- 15 Automobile Engineering books
- 16 Special: Mechanical Engineering Books (pdf and hard copy) for Basic ME
The best books for the core ME courses are
Mechanical Engineering Drawing books
- Engineering Drawing and Design by David A. Madsen and David P. Madsen.
- Engineering Drawing by Basant Agarwal and C M Agarwal.
Basic Books for Mechanical Engineering
Basic Thermodynamics books
- Thermodynamics An Engineering Approach by Younus A. Cengel and Micheal A. Boles (Best ME book; pdf is also available)
- Rogers’ Engineering Thermodynamics
- K. Nag’s Basic and Applied Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics by Michael J. Moran and Howard N. Shapiro.
Engineering or Vector Mechanics books
- Vector Mechanics for Engineers statics and dynamics by Ferdinand P. Beer and E. Russel Johnston. The solution guide of this book is also available.
- 800 solved problems in Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Vol 1) by Joseph Shelley.
- 700 solved problems in Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Vol 2) by Joseph Shelley.
Mechanics of Solids or Strength of Materials books
- Timshenko’s History of Strength of Materials.
- Singer’s Strength of Materials.
- Mechanics of Materials by Beer Johnston.
- Engineering Mechanics of Solids by Popov.
- Numerical Methods for Engineers by Steven Chapra.
- Numeric Methods for Scientists and Engineers by R.W. Hamming.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Numerical Analysis by Parviz Moin.
Heat Transfer books
- Heat and Mass Transfer an Engineering Approach by Cengel.
- Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer by Incorpera, DeWitt, Lavine, Bergman.
- Introduction to Heat Transfer by Vedat Arpaci , Shu-hsin – Kao , Ahmet Selamet.
- Mechanics of fluids by Irving Shames.
- Fluid Mechanics – Frank M. White.
- Fundamentals of fluid Mechanics by Bruce R. Munson, Wade W. Huebsch, Alric P. Rothmayer.
- Fluid Mechanics by Cengel and Kimbala.
Machine Design books
- Shigley’s Mechanical Engineering Design.
- A text book of Machine Design by R.S Khurmi and J.K Gupta.
- The Mechanical Design Process by David G. Ullman.
There are several handbooks available for Machine Design –
- Standard Handbook of Machine Design by Shigley
Mechanics of Machinery books
- Theory of Machines by R.S Khurmi and J.K. Gupta
- Mechanics of Machines : elementary theory and example : John Hannah and Richmond Courtney Stephens
Instrumentation and Measurement books
- Theory and Design of Mechanical Measurements by Richard S. Figliola.
- Instrumentation for Process Measurement and Control by Norman A. Anderson.
Power Plant Engineering books
- Power Plant Engineering by P.K. Nag
- Power Plant Engineering G.R. Nagpal
Refrigeration and Building Mechanical Systems books
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning by Ahmadul Ameen
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology by Bill Johnson, Bill Whiteman, John Tomczyck
- Refrigeration by Hundi
- Aerodynamics books
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics by John Anderson (great for fundamental knowledge)
- Fundamentals of Flight by Richard S. Shevell
- Fluidics books
- Fluid Power with application by Anthony Esposito
Control Engineering books
- Control Systems Engineering by Norman Nise (Best Mechanical Engineering book for control engineering.
Automobile Engineering books
- Automotive Mechanics by William H. Crouse (great book for learning)
- A Textbook of Automobile Engineering by R.K. Rajput
Special: Mechanical Engineering Books (pdf and hard copy) for Basic ME
The below mentioned MR books will help you to earn a basic knowledge about different topics before getting into depth.
- Comprehensive Basic Mechanical Engineering by R.K. Rajput
- Mechanical Engineering By Khurmi and Gupta
- Basic Mechanical Enginnering By R.K Singal
- Basic Mechanical Engineering By Basant Agarwal.