In this article we are going to provide you the list of Best Mechanical Engineering Books. Many students pursuing Engineering in the department of Mechanical are in a dilemma which books are to be purchased for studying.
|Useful Links From This Website
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers
So we are giving you a clear view about the list of Best Mechanical Engineering Books. Hoping this article will be helpful to you to purchase the best books and for your preparation too.
- 1 Best Mechanical Engineering Books
- 2 Mechanical Engineering Drawing books
- 3 Basic Books for Mechanical Engineering
- 4 Basic Thermodynamics books
- 5 Engineering or Vector Mechanics books
- 6 Mechanics of Solids or Strength of Materials books
- 7 Heat Transfer books
- 8 Fluid Mechanics
- 9 Machine Design books
- 10 Mechanics of Machinery books
- 11 Instrumentation and Measurement books
- 12 Power Plant Engineering books
- 13 Refrigeration and Building Mechanical Systems books
- 14 Control Engineering books
- 15 Automobile Engineering books
- 16 Special: Mechanical Engineering Books (pdf and hard copy) for Basic ME
Best Mechanical Engineering Books
The best books for the core ME courses are
Mechanical Engineering Drawing books
- Engineering Drawing and Design by David A. Madsen and David P. Madsen.
- Engineering Drawing by Basant Agarwal and C M Agarwal.
Basic Books for Mechanical Engineering
Basic Thermodynamics books
- Thermodynamics An Engineering Approach by Younus A. Cengel and Micheal A. Boles (Best ME book; pdf is also available)
- Rogers’ Engineering Thermodynamics
- K. Nag’s Basic and Applied Thermodynamics
- Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics by Michael J. Moran and Howard N. Shapiro.
Engineering or Vector Mechanics books
- Vector Mechanics for Engineers statics and dynamics by Ferdinand P. Beer and E. Russel Johnston. The solution guide of this book is also available.
- 800 solved problems in Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Vol 1) by Joseph Shelley.
- 700 solved problems in Vector Mechanics for Engineers (Vol 2) by Joseph Shelley.
Mechanics of Solids or Strength of Materials books
- Timshenko’s History of Strength of Materials.
- Singer’s Strength of Materials.
- Mechanics of Materials by Beer Johnston.
- Engineering Mechanics of Solids by Popov.
- Numerical Methods for Engineers by Steven Chapra.
- Numeric Methods for Scientists and Engineers by R.W. Hamming.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Numerical Analysis by Parviz Moin.
Heat Transfer books
- Heat and Mass Transfer an Engineering Approach by Cengel.
- Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer by Incorpera, DeWitt, Lavine, Bergman.
- Introduction to Heat Transfer by Vedat Arpaci , Shu-hsin – Kao , Ahmet Selamet.
- Mechanics of fluids by Irving Shames.
- Fluid Mechanics – Frank M. White.
- Fundamentals of fluid Mechanics by Bruce R. Munson, Wade W. Huebsch, Alric P. Rothmayer.
- Fluid Mechanics by Cengel and Kimbala.
Machine Design books
- Shigley’s Mechanical Engineering Design.
- A text book of Machine Design by R.S Khurmi and J.K Gupta.
- The Mechanical Design Process by David G. Ullman.
There are several handbooks available for Machine Design –
- Standard Handbook of Machine Design by Shigley
Mechanics of Machinery books
- Theory of Machines by R.S Khurmi and J.K. Gupta
- Mechanics of Machines : elementary theory and example : John Hannah and Richmond Courtney Stephens
Instrumentation and Measurement books
- Theory and Design of Mechanical Measurements by Richard S. Figliola.
- Instrumentation for Process Measurement and Control by Norman A. Anderson.
Power Plant Engineering books
- Power Plant Engineering by P.K. Nag
- Power Plant Engineering G.R. Nagpal
Refrigeration and Building Mechanical Systems books
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning by Ahmadul Ameen
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology by Bill Johnson, Bill Whiteman, John Tomczyck
- Refrigeration by Hundi
- Aerodynamics books
- Fundamentals of Aerodynamics by John Anderson (great for fundamental knowledge)
- Fundamentals of Flight by Richard S. Shevell
- Fluidics books
- Fluid Power with application by Anthony Esposito
Control Engineering books
- Control Systems Engineering by Norman Nise (Best Mechanical Engineering book for control engineering.
Automobile Engineering books
- Automotive Mechanics by William H. Crouse (great book for learning)
- A Textbook of Automobile Engineering by R.K. Rajput
Special: Mechanical Engineering Books (pdf and hard copy) for Basic ME
The below mentioned MR books will help you to earn a basic knowledge about different topics before getting into depth.
- Comprehensive Basic Mechanical Engineering by R.K. Rajput
- Mechanical Engineering By Khurmi and Gupta
- Basic Mechanical Enginnering By R.K Singal
- Basic Mechanical Engineering By Basant Agarwal.