TOEFL iBT: Hello friends are you planning for abroad education and confused to know the right examination which is to be taken by you? Don’t worry I am here to guide you the right path. Have you ever heard of the TOEFL Exam Details? It is one of the best examination which is to be taken by the students planning for education in abroad countries.
In this session the complete TOEFL Exam Details regarding TOEFL Exam Fee and registration process are clearly explained. Also details like TOEFL iBT and preparation were explained kindly refer the below paragraphs.
About TOEFL Exam Details:
Content In This Article
The TOEFL full form is Test of English as a Foreign Language. It is one of the two major English-language tests in the world, the other one being the TOEFL. The TOEFL Exam was first administered in 1964 by the Modern Language Association financed by grants from the Ford Foundation and Dan forth Foundation.
The TOEFL Exam Pattern is completely an Internet-based Test (IBT) format which has progressively replaced the computer-based tests (CBT) and paper-based tests (PBT). The TOEFL IBT test has been introduced in phases, with the United States, Canada, France, Germany, and Italy in 2005 and the rest of the world in 2006, with test centres added regularly.
The four-hour based TOEFL Registration Test consists of four sections, each measuring one of the basic language skills and all tasks focus on language used in an academic, higher-education environment. Note-taking is allowed during the TOEFL IBT test. For more TOEFL Exam Details regarding the TOEFL IBT scroll down the page.
How should take the TOEFL Exam?
Candidates who plan to demonstrate their English-language proficiency can take the test. The average English skill level ranges between Intermediate and Advanced. Following are the people who must take the TOEFL Exam.
- Students planning to study at a higher education institution abroad.
- English-language learning program admissions and exit.
- Scholarship and certification candidates.
- English-language learners who want to track their progress.
- Students and workers applying for visas.
Stages of TOEFL Exam:
The Reading section consists of questions on 3-5 passages, each approximately 700 words in length. The passages are based on academic topics. Passages require understanding of rhetorical functions such as cause-effect, compare-contrast and argumentation.
The Listening section consists of questions on six passages, each 3–5 minutes in length. These passages include two student conversations and four academic lectures or discussions. Each conversation and lecture passage is heard only once. Test-takers may take notes while they listen and they may refer to their notes when they answer the questions. Each conversation is associated with five questions and each lecture with six. The listening questions are meant to measure the ability to understand main ideas, important details, implications, relationships between ideas, organization of information, speaker purpose and speaker attitude.
The Speaking section consists of six tasks: two independent and four Integrated. In the two independent tasks, test-takers answer opinion questions on familiar topics given. They are evaluated on their speech spontaneously and convey their ideas clearly and coherently. In the integrated tasks, test-takers are evaluated on their ability to appropriately synthesize and effectively convey information from the reading and listening material. Test-takers may take notes as they read and listen and may use their notes to help prepare their responses. Test-takers are given a short preparation time before they have to begin speaking. The responses are digitally recorded, sent to ETS’s Online Scoring Network (OSN), and evaluated by three to six raters.
The Writing section measures a test taker’s ability to write in an academic setting and consists of two tasks: one integrated and one independent.
TOEFL Exam dates can be selected by the applicant once the registration process has been completed by Him/Her. Through TOEFL test dates and the venue for the examination can be selected by the candidate and thereby the call letter will be provided through E-mail.
TOEFL Exam Fee:
TOEFL Exam Fee is to be paid by the Candidates in order to take the TOEFL Exam booking. The Fee for Exam Registration is $170 (Rs.13000 approximately). Registration may be done online / post / courier and you can pay using the following methods:
- Cash (make cash payment at any ICICI bank branch by filling in the ICICI payment slip).
- Demand Draft (send a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘British Council’ payable at Delhi along with a copy of the online registration confirmation / completed application form.
The TOEFL Exam Details regarding How to register for TOEFL India is clearly explained below.
How to Register for TOEFL Exam?
- Enter the official webpage ofTOEFL Ibt.
- on the Right end of the page you can find out “Register Your Test” where in you are required to select the test and test type and click on Book
- You will be directed to a new page where TOEFL Registration System will generate a list of test centre and their availability.
- After selecting the required Centre with a TOEFL exam datesclick on Proceed
- A new page with all the terms and conditions will be provided. After reading the complete details click on I Agree
- Pay the TOEFL Exam Fee in the format specified above.
- Scan all your educational documents and submit them for verification.
- Final verify the details once again and click on Submit button.
- Wait for the Call Letter which will be provided to our E-Mail address Specified by you at the time of registration.
- Check on TOEFL Ibt login about information regarding your application status, TOEFL results etc.
- Through the login process you can also check the TOEFL Exam Details clearly.
Are you planning to apply for the TOEFL Exam then you late kindly refer the official link given below and apply for the Exam as early as possible also check TOEFL Preparation Strategies here.