Six Sigma Course Details: The Six Sigma is an organized approach for eliminating errors. 6? uses numerical methods to develop superiority by minimizing variability in business processes, from manufacturing to engineering and purchasing. to view detailed info about 6 Sigma like Six Sigma Definition Wiki, Principles pdf, Lean, Certification Cost, Training Online, Methodology, Tools, DMAIC Project, Course Details, etc from here.
Six Sigma Definition:
Content In This Article
Six Sigma also represented as 6 Sigma is a set of methods and tools to improve the capability of their business processes. It was introduced by engineers Bill Smith while working at Motorola in 1986. “6 Sigma” was registered 11 June 1991 as United States Service Mark 1,647,704.
Six Sigma Principles
The 6 Sigma successes are based on mainly 5 key Principles such as
- Focusing on customer requirements
- Using extensive quantity and statistical analysis to understand how work gets done and to identify the root cause of problems
- Being practical in eliminating variation & frequently improving the process
- Involving people in 6? cross-functional teams
- Being thorough and being flexible
6 Sigma Training:
Six Sigma training is available at various levels, including White, Yellow, Green, Black and Master Black Belt.
Six Sigma Lean
Lean Six Sigma is a collaborative Management approach for process improvement and problem solving using a collective toolkit comprising of lean tools for ‘Waste’ reduction and 6sigma’s DMAIC Phases.
6 Sigma Methodology
SixSigma uses two different sets of methodologies inspired by Deming’s Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) Cycle. These methodologies, composed of 5 phases each, bear the acronyms DMAIC and DMADV. The DMAIC & DMADV distinctions are intended at viewing different sectors of a business simultaneously but addressing them separately.
- DMAIC is used for projects aimed at improving an existing business process.
- DMADV is used for projects aimed at creating new product or process designs.
The 6 Sigma Methodology is defined by 5 DMAIC Processes. DMAIC is the acronym for Define – Measure – Analyze – Improve – Control.
The 6 Sigma Methodology is defined by 5 DMADV Processes. DMADV is the acronym for Define – Measure – Analyze – Design – Verify.
Tools for Six Sigma
SixSigma Tools and templates for implementing Lean Six Sigma in your business. This include
- 5 Whys
- Affinity Diagram/KJ Analysis
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Capability Indices/Process Capability
- Cause & Effect
- Control Charts
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Graphical Analysis Charts
- Hypothesis Testing
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)/Gage R&R
- Process Mapping
- Project Charter
- QFD/House of Quality
- RACI Diagram
- Risk Management
- Statistical Analysis
- Value Stream Mapping
Available 6 Sigma Courses:
- Six Sigma Champion Implementation
- SixSigma Process Green Belt
- SixSigma Process Black Belt
- 6 Sigma Transactional Green Belt
- Six Sigma Transactional Process Black Belt
- 6 Sigma Master Black Belt
- Design for Six Sigma or DFSS
- Introduction to Minitab for Six Sigma Belts
- Advanced Minitab for trained Six Sigma Belts