If you want to choose your career in management field then retail management is the right option for you. Here in this write-up, we have provided complete details of Retail Management Course Details like the list of courses, eligibility, duration, important subjects, best colleges, jobs, employment areas and salary.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About Retail Management Course
Content In This Article
- 1 About Retail Management Course
- 2 Types of Retail Management Course
- 3 Certification in Retail Management Course
- 4 Diploma in Retail Management Course
- 5 Bachelor’s in Retail Management Course
- 6 Master’s in Retail Management Course
- 7 Top Colleges For Retail Management Course
- 8 Job Profiles
- 9 Employment Areas
- 10 Recruiters of Retail Management
- 11 Salary for Retail Managers
The word Retail means selling of goods to customers and the word management means proper utilisation of resources. Retail Management is a process of promoting greater sales of goods and customer satisfaction by gaining a better understanding of customers to sell goods by using retail methods and techniques.
Specialisations of Retail Management Course
- Customer relation
- Business Mathematics
Types of Retail Management Course
Retail management course list is provided below
- Certification in Retail Management
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Bachelor’s in Retail Management
- Master’s in Retail Management
Certification in Retail Management Course
This is a certificate level course in retail management. This program focuses on fundamental retail topics. This program is suitable for persons who want to become retail professionals.
- The candidate should have basic computer knowledge.
- Graduation holder from a recognised college or university
The time required to complete this course is 1 year.
- Category Management
- Store layout
- Introduction to retail
- Space management
- Merchandising overview
- Pricing, promotions and markdowns
- Retail store operations
- Objectives of store design
- Customer loyalty scheme
- Supply chain management
Diploma in Retail Management Course
This is a diploma level course in retail management. This course includes theoretical concepts necessary to understand the dynamics of retail management.
The candidate should complete their 12th standard from a recognised school or college.
The duration of this diploma course is 1 year.
- Retail marketing and consumer behaviour
- Logistics Management in Retail Business
- Sales Force Management
- Inventory Management in Malls
- Retail Selling and Negotiation Skills
Bachelor’s in Retail Management Course
B.B.A in retail management comes under bachelors in a retail management course. This is an undergraduate degree program. This course deals with principles of retailing, retailing operations.
The eligibility to pursue this course is passing 12th standard exam of any stream.
The time period to complete this course is 3years.
- Business statistics
- Basics of financial management
- Human resource management
- Mall management
- Organizational Behavior
- Retail branding
- Store operation management
Master’s in Retail Management Course
M.B.A in retail management comes under master’s program in retail management. This course deals with general management and fundamentals of retail management.
A candidate who has bachelor’s degree from any college with minimum 45% marks in aggregate. In some reputed colleges and universities, an entrance exam is conducted.
The duration to complete this course is 2years.
- Retail Marketing
- Corporation Management
- Advertisement & Sales Promotions
- Quantitative Methods
- Operations Management
- Strategic Retail Management
- Retails Sales & Customer Service
Top Colleges For Retail Management Course
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
- Jaipur Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Asian School of Business Management, Bhubaneswar
- Great Indian B School, Hyderabad
- International Institute of Management Studies, Pune
- Flying Cats, Vizag
- IIAS School of Business and Informatics, Kolkata
- Amity Business School, Delhi
- KN Modi University, Rajasthan
The job profiles of retail management include store manager, retail manager, marketing managers, lobby managers, floor managers, project manager, department manager, retail builder, brand manager, supply chain distributor, image promoter, logistics and warehouse manager, new product manager, restaurant manager, customer care executive, sales associate, advertising manager, visual merchandiser, retail buyer and merchandiser, shopping operational manager, marketing executive, key accounts manager, floor executives etc.
Find jobs from top employers and recruitment agencies in the Retail Management industry.
- Super markets
- Movie theatres
- Educational institutions
- Departmental Stores
- IT enabled service companies
- Advertising agencies
- Supply chains
- Retail industries
Recruiters of Retail Management
Here you can find & apply for the latest Retail Management Jobs as of your interest. The following are the top Recruiters of Retail Management.
- Shopper’s stop
- Big bazaar
- Tata groups
- ITC retail
- Aditya Birla group
- Reliance group
- Ebony retail holdings
Salary for Retail Managers
- In India for freshers as sales executives can draw a salary of 2 lakhs to 3lakhs per year. For experienced candidates salary is 6klakhs to 7lakhs per annum.
- In abroad the salary ranges from $36,000 to $45,000 per year.