Hello friends. Are you planning to proceed for Abroad Education and confused about the entrance exams to apply for the universities? Don’t worry I am hereby ready to provide you the details regarding one of the most important English Proficiency examination so called IELTS. Complete details regarding IELTS exam pattern and many more in the detailed description given below in the following paragraphs.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
About IELTS Exam:
Content In This Article
The IELTS full form is International English Language Testing System. It was launched in 1980 by Cambridge English Language Assessment and the British Council. IELTS Exam has an innovative format. It reflected many changes in language learning and teaching, including the growth in ‘communicative’ language learning and ‘English for specific purposes’. IELTS preparation were intended to reflect the use of language in the ‘Real world’. .
In order to have international participation in the redesign, the International Development Program of Australian Universities and Colleges (IDP), joined Cambridge English Language Assessment and the British Council to form the International IELTS partnership which delivers the test to this day. This international partnership was reflected in the new name for the test called “The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)”. Now students can easily recognise the name so called IELTS IDP or IDP IELTS. Complete details regarding IELTS Exam Dates and IELTS Fee are mentioned below.
IELTS IDP Details:
IELTS Exam was revised in 1995, with three main changes:
- There was ONE Academic Reading Module and ONE Academic Writing Module (previously there has been a choice of three field-specific Reading and Writing modules).
- The thematic link between the Reading and Writing tasks was removed to avoid confusion in the assessment of reading and writing ability.
- The General Training Reading and Writing modules were brought into line with the Academic Reading and Writing modules (same time duration, length of responses, reporting of scores).
Candidates who are willing to take the examination may thereby choice any one of the below stated categories.
- IELTS Academic: The Academic version is for test takers who want to study at tertiary level in an English-speaking country or seek professional registration in the universities of abroad countries.
- IELTS General Training: The General Training exam is for test takers who want to work, train, study at a secondary school or migrate to an English-speaking country. The difference between The Academic and General Training versions is the content, context and purpose of the tasks. All other features, such as timing allocation, length of written responses and reporting of scores, are the same.
IELTS Academic and General Training both IELTS exam registration has the following features:
IELTS Exam tests the ability to listen, read, write and speak in English of the applicant.
The speaking module is key component of IELTS Exam Preparation. It is conducted in the form of a face to face interview with an examiner. The examiner assesses the test taker as HE/SHE is going in a conversation with is relevant to the topic provided or not. The complete speaking session is also recorded for monitoring and for re-marking in case of an appeal against the score given. The session may last for a period of 15 minutes.
IELTS Listening & Writing Test: A variety of accents and writing styles have been presented in test materials in order to minimise linguistic bias. The accents in the listening section are generally 80% British, Australian, New Zealander and 20% mostly American.
Band scores are used for each language sub-skill (Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking). The Band Scale ranges between 0 (“Did not attempt the test”) to 9 (“Expert User”).
The IELTS Exam Fee is to be paid by the Candidates in order to take the IELTS Exam booking. The Fee for IELTS Exam Registration is Rs. 11,300. Registration may be done online / post / courier and you can pay using the following methods:
- Cash (make cash payment at any ICICI bank branch by filling in the ICICI payment slip).
- Demand Draft (send a demand draft drawn in favour of ‘British Council’ payable at Delhi along with a copy of the online registration confirmation / completed application form.
The details regarding How to register for IELTS India is clearly explained below.
IELTS Exam Dates:
IELTS IDP Exam dates can be selected by the candidates once the registration process has been completed by Him/Her. The date can venue for the examination can be selected by the candidate and thereby the call letter will be provided through E-mail.
How to Register for IELTS Exam?
- Enter the official webpage of IDP IELTS.
- on the Right end of the page you can find out “Register Your Test” where in you are required to select the test and test type and click on Book
- You will be directed to a new page where IELTS Registration System will generate a list of test centre and their availability.
- After selecting the required Centre with a specified date click on Proceed
- A new page with all the terms and conditions will be provided. After reading the complete details click on I Agree Button.
- Pay the IELTS Fee in the format specified above
- Scan all your educational documents and submit them for verification.
- Final verify the details once again and click on Submit button.
- Wait for the Call Letter which will be provided to our E-Mail address Specified by you at the time of registration.
Kindly refer the official Link which is attached below hereby so that it will be easy for you to apply for the IELTS Exam.
Click Here: IDP IELTS