Farhan Akhtar Profile: Farhan Akhtar is one of the renowned personalities in Bollywood. He is a versatile actor, Indian film Director, Screenwriter, Actor, Lyricist, Playback Singer, Producer and Television host as well. He started his career as an assistant director. Akhtar, after establishing a production company named Excel Entertainment along with Ritesh Sidhwani, made his directorial debut with Dil Chahta Hai (2001) and received critical acclaim for portraying modern youth. The film also won a National award. Read the article to find out the complete details about Singer Farhan Akhtar Biography such as his Age, Height, Weight, DOB, Awards List, Family, Career, Songs List, Images, etc.
Farhan Akhtar Early Life:
Content In This Article
Farhan Akhtar was born on 9 January 1974 to Javed Akhtar and Honey Irani in Mumbai.
|Latest Deals Around The Web|
|Earn Money By Installing Google Tez APP||Amazon Offers|
He has completed his schooling from Maneckji Cooper School Mumbai and pursued further studies to get a law degree in HR College; he was detained from the institution in his second year due to short attendance.
He is very fond of movies so before dropping out his studies he spent few years only just watching movies.
He is also active as a social activist putting his pioneer efforts towards the societal upliftment.
Farhan with his wife, sister and mother
- Farhan Akhtar has started his career at a very young age of 17.
- He has worked as an assistant director in Yash Chopra’s Lamhe in 1991 and Himalay Putra in 1997.
- He considered Robert De Niro as an “inspiration” for him in film industry.
- He has established a production company “Excel Entertainment” with Ritesh Sidhwani and made his directorial debut in bollywood with Dil Chahta Hai in 2001 and Hollywood debut through the soundtrack of Bride and Prejudice in 2004.
- He has also produced Lakshya, Don and also a short-film named Positive to spread awareness on HIV-AIDS.
- He started his acting career with Rock On in 2008 for which he has won a second National Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi as producer.
- First one being Dil Chahta Hai and produced and wrote dialogues for Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), again winning two National awards.
- He also directed sequel to Don, which was his highest-grossing film till date.
- The versatile actor Farhan Akhtar will be making his Marathi debut with the film ‘Por Bazaar’. Farhan will be seen in a special appearance in the film.
- Farhan Akhtar was seen hosting Zee TV and Essel Vision Production’s reality show ‘I Can Do That’. Rithvik Dhanjani was the winner of the show.
- He is the highest paid director in 2015
- Was approached for Rana Daggubati’s role in Dum Maaro Dum but refused.
As a singer:
- He made his acting and singing debut in the National Award winning movie Rock On!! (2008) He has songs sung in the films like Dil Dhadkne dho, Rock on!, Zindagi na milegi dhubara, rock on 2 etc.
- In all his movies he only uses the song lyrics written by his father Javed Akhtar.
- He directed the music video for the 1998 hit song “Breathless” from the debut album of Shankar Mahadevan, which made him famous. Later on Farhan Akhtar and Shankar Mahadevan went on to collaborate in every movie Farhan directed, with Shankar composing the music for his films as the trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy (Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan Noorani and Loy Mendonsa).
He married Adhuna Bhabani in 2000, after being in a relationship with her for 3 years.
They first met during the filming of his directorial debut Dil Chahta Hai in 2001 which also marked Adhuna’s debut as a Bollywood hairstylist.
The couple has two daughters named Shakya and Akira.
On January 21, 2016 the couple officially announced their separation after 16 years of marriage.
Farhan Akhtar Biography:
Below tabular form represents the Singer Farhan Akhtar Biography and his contact details. Interested ones Please Check his profile completely from here itself.
|Date of Birth||9th January 1974|
|Place of birth||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Family Details||Father, Mother, step mother, sister|
|Mother Name||Honey Irani (actress and script writer)|
Shabhana Azmi (step mother)
|Father||Javed Akhtar (lyricist and script writer)|
|Sister||Zoya Akhtar (director and screen writer)|
|Official Email ID||N/A|
|Profession||Actor, director, producer, singer, Television Host , writer|
|Awards||he is the winner of|
many Film fares and other awards like IIFA, GUILD, star dust etc
|Songs sung by Farhan Akhtar||Gallaan Goodiyan from Dil Dhadakne dho 2015|
Senorita from Zindagi na milega Dhubara
Tum Ho tho from Rock on
Ahista Ahista from Shaadi ka side effects
Bhaag milka Bhaag etc
|Farhan Akhtar movies||Rock on|
Zindagi na milega dubara
Bhaag milka Bhaag
Dhil dhakne dho
Shaadi ka side effects
Rock on 2 etc
Movies List Produced by Farhan Akhtar:
- Rock on in 2008
- Rock on 2 in 2016
- Wazir in 2016
- Zindagi naa milegi dubhara 2011
- Raees 2017
- Bhaag milka bhaag 2013
- Lakshya 2004
- Fukrey 2013
- Lucky by chance in 2009
- Don 2 in 2011 etc
Non Film Work
- Akhtar appeared as one of the nine judges in the beauty pageant, Femina Miss India (2002).
- He was the judge on the first season of the dance-reality show, Nach Baliye (2005).
- He hosted a TV show on NDTV Imagine, called Oye! It’s Friday! in the same year.
- He has endorsed several brands as a part of his career, especially after the release of Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. These include Hindustan Unilever’s water purifier product titled Pureit, Chivas Regal, Britannia Nutri Choice Biscuits, IndusInd Bank, Dulux Paint.
- His endorsements are managed by Kwan Talent Management Agency Pvt Ltd.
Men against Rape and Discrimination
Men against Rape and Discrimination or MARD are a social campaign launched by Akhtar. The idea came to the mind of Akhtar when in August 2012, Pallavi Purkayastha, a lawyer by profession, was sexually assaulted and then killed by her home watchman.
Farhan Akhtar Awards List:
- Film fare for best actor in 2014 for Bhaag Milka Bhaag
- Film fare for best debut for Rock on
- Film fares in other categories in 2002, 2012 etc
- IIFA in 2001, 2002, 2009, 2012
- National film award
- Star guild awards 2014
- Zee cine awards in 2012
As per the latest reports, Diana Penty has been approached to play the leading lady in Nikkhil Advani’s Lucknow Central continues. Directed by debutant Ranjit Tiwari, the movie stars Farhan Akhtar. Farhan is currently working on an Indie English album. He is collaborating with James Sanger, a France-based British producer. The actor-singer will be singing four songs and will soon release them.
Follow him on Twitter
This is all about Farhan Akhtar Biography/Biodata