CPA Exam Details: Are you interested to know the CPA Course Details? Refer this article completely to get better idea about CPA Courses. The full form of CPA is Certified Public Accountant. Complete cpa exam details are provided here. Details like Duration of CPA Course, Fee structure for the course, Institutes or colleges which offers the course, Nature of the course, Difficulty of the course, Certified Public Accountant Training, Job prospects after the completion of the course and also minimum qualification required to do a C P A Course etc.
|Useful Links From This Website|
|Notifications, Admit Cards, Results, Universities|
|Books, Exam Pattern, Mock Tests, Study Materials, Syllabus, Test Papers|
What is Certified Public Accountant Exam? (or)About CPA Course Details:
Content In This Article
CPA is the highest accounting credential in the U.S and is similar to the CA (Chartered Accountancy Course) Qualification in India. Certified Public Accountant offered by CPA council, is a professional course which deals in Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Laws and Regulations and Allied Areas. The C P A program has been developed in the context of the present and future needs. It is specifically designed to meet the demands of modern accounting professionals. C.P.A Certification requirements are imposed separately by each state’s laws and therefore vary from state to state
CPA is a designation given by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants to those who pass an exam and meet work experience requirements. CPA Program is a post graduation program with the following objectives:
- To impart knowledge of concepts in Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Business Law, Management & Information Technology (IT).
- Tools and Techniques are required to equip students improve their analytical ability and power of integration and synthesis
- To improve the ability to develop a framework for using purposes of decision-making.
- To deepen insights into practical applications of Accounting in a dynamic business environment.
- To encourage aspiring students equip themselves with the latest tools and techniques in accounting and other areas like Economics, Marketing, HRM, Operations Management, Finance, IT & Strategy.
- To facilitate the development and growth of Accounting Professionals as Business Managers.
CPA Exam Requirements:
There requirements to do Certified Public Accountant course are listed below.
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (English medium) with 45% and above aggregate marks.
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline (English medium) with 45% and above aggregate marks and a pass in CA (Inter) or CWA (Inter) or CS (Inter) exams.
CAs/CWAs/CSs/MBAs (Finance) are also encouraged to apply for the Accelerated CPA Program.
Candidates who have passed MBA with 70% marks or 7.0 CGPA and above (with minimum 4 elective subjects in finance) are also eligible for CPA Courses Admission
AICPA Course Fees
- CPA examination and application fees: $1,000
- CPA Exam review course fee: $1,700
- Certified Public Accountant Ethics Exam: $130
- Licensing fees: $150
Duration of CPA Course
- Regular CPA Duration: 24 months
- Accelerated CPA Duration: 12 months
CPA Examination Content
All students are required to register for their exams (including fee payment) using online mode only, as the operations of examinations department are fully computerized. In order to become eligible to appear for the exams, the candidates are required to enroll into the program on or before the due dates.
The AICPA Board of Examiners (BOE) approved changes to the CPA Examination Content Specification Outline that will be effective on 2016. Not only this year, annually AICPA approves various changes and updates to the Certified Public Accountant Exam, altering pre-existing sections, adding new topics, and occasionally removing older ones.
The most significant change to knock the Certified Public Accountant 2017 Exam will be the introduction of a new type of task-based simulation, called Document Review Simulations, which will be added to the AUD (Auditing and Attestation), FAR (Financial Accounting & Reporting), and REG (Regulation) examination sections on 1st July 2017. There is no change in Business Environment and Concepts (BEC).
The 4 exam sections of the CPA Exam are:
- Business Environment & Concepts (BEC) – 3 hours
- Regulation (REG) – 3 hours
- Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR) – 4 hours
- Auditing & Attestation (AUD) – 4 hours
CPA Testing Windows Schedule 2017 is as follows:
- January 1 – February 28, 2017
- April 1 – May 31, 2017
- July 1 – August 31, 2017
- October 1 – November 30, 2017
Please refer: Certified Public Accountant Syllabus
Exam Fee Structure:
- Initial Application – $30
- Per Exam Section – $30
- A candidate must also pay fees to the AICPA, NASBA and Prometric.
- New totals per section of the exam are as follows
75 Score on each section is required to pass the exam.
CPA Exam Benefits
- The great salary
- The opportunity to change industries
- The ability to start your own Certified Public Accountant firm
- Industry recognition
Institutes for CPA in India
- Concorde Gleim
- Piron Education
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Salary (India)
A Certified Public Accountant earns an average salary of Rs 824,336 per annum.